PDA

View Full Version : need advice

happy blades
11-19-2010, 06:01 AM
ok so i downloaded the game made the changes when i click the icon on my desk is it sappose to say patching and what not is that why i cant login and it says that login i created from eqemu is invalid . bascially how do i kno if i downloaded this properly and if i didnt how do i go about fixing it thanks in advance sorry im a noob to these types of things just found this and was thinking why didnt i look for this type of thing before

Valroth66
11-19-2010, 06:16 AM
First off, you're going to need to reinstall. Second, follow the directions more carefully.

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parenthases), add "patchme" (no quotes).

happy blades
11-19-2010, 06:23 AM
ok thank you one more question when i download the game a short cut automatically appears so yur saying i shouldnt use that short cut and make a new one ?

Zalmo
11-19-2010, 06:32 AM
ok thank you one more question when i download the game a short cut automatically appears so yur saying i shouldnt use that short cut and make a new one ?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/applause.gif

Reading comprehension!

Henini
11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
First off, you're going to need to reinstall. Second, follow the directions more carefully.

Sprunt
11-19-2010, 02:49 PM

You need a short cut to EQGAME.exe. The one it makes is for Everquest.exe.