PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Event Feedback

Sirken
11-01-2015, 12:31 AM
we hope you all had a lot of fun tonight, but we are also hoping to bring more of these events to you guys, and we hope to make each one better than the previous one. please leave us your feed back.

<3

Nocsucow
11-01-2015, 12:32 AM
ended when I was able to log on.. besides negative stuff I'm hearing .... thanks for trying pals..

p.s ... sirken... check your messages plz sir I need to holler for a few

Erati
11-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Need to have a boss fight at the end of all GM events for a big finale

nothing brings friends and enemies together better than the slaying of a giant common foe

ffear
11-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Felt completely scammed, disappointed I didn't spend time elsewhere. Fooled me once.

FraggleRock
11-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Waste of 3 hours

Kushie
11-01-2015, 12:35 AM
You already know

Expediency
11-01-2015, 12:35 AM
I liked how one trick sent people to kerra. I got booted there twice. There was 9 people there, havent seen that many in kerra since 1999

topgun1027
11-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Felt completely scammed, disappointed I didn't spend time elsewhere. Fooled me once.

:)

Tasslehofp99
over already? darn

Vallanor
It was pretty fun, but a little too long I'd say (especially Kunark). I also got a lore reward that I already had, so didn't actually end up with anything.

And I second a big boss battle at the end.

Thunderjunky
11-01-2015, 12:37 AM
I think that without ports, non porting characters were screwed once they landed on Kerra isle, or some other remote location. If there was a time limit imposed for this even, they'd never make it.

Even with ports and bard speed it took 3 hours to complete. And the initial loot was worthless. A 5 click red wood wand.

Then to be told maybe next time? So I can look forward to wasting another 3 hours in the hopes that the next event reward makes up for it?

I feel that I'd have better enjoyed my time not playing waiting for my group to finish so we could get back to doing something productive.

Roonskee
11-01-2015, 12:38 AM
wasnt completely bad, the only bad part was not getting a guise but up to that point everyone had a fun time figuring shit out it seemed like.

jcr4990
The event itself was fine. I honestly had fun running around with my pals and doing it. But there was serverwide expectation of decent to good rewards for such a long event and the rewards were.... really really bad. Braknar acknowledged it in a broadcast that he messed up on the rewards. I dunno how hard it would be to use logs to confirm all the people that completed the event and give them a random (better) reward? Maybe too much work to bother with. Hopefully at least events in the future will have better loot tables.

Otherwise it was good.

Exmo
Was a bit long on the running / porting Front.

Obviously the common loot should have been better then it was. even if the very rare stuff stayed rare.

But we appreciate the effort for sure, and hope there are more events to come!

syztem
11-01-2015, 12:39 AM
love competition, was semi close on red. I did it all alone with a few tips for the most part, Few people ahead of me had bard speed etc which led them to beat me in a few spots but fall behind due to bad luck I suppose.

Would love to see a event that would support both melee and casters though, my rogue is my main and I would have never been able to do this in the time I did. A caster that can bind for the trick TP away saves enormous time.

Plax
11-01-2015, 12:40 AM
we hope you all had a lot of fun tonight, but we are also hoping to bring more of these events to you guys, and we hope to make each one better than the previous one. please leave us your feed back.

<3

please don't
luck for me I figured out after the first hour this wasn't the type of event for me .. came back to see guildies showing off the ruby legs and some red wood wand for over 3 hours of work.

fiveeauxfour
11-01-2015, 12:41 AM
I think the questchain itself was good, but not good enough on its own with the rewards. It could have been accented with a fun world spawn or something. The rewards were bad

Zedds
11-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Basically was a porting event that pissed off everyone that wasn't a porting class. That rewarded a title to a porting class.... If we all had brooms and 10000% movement speed it would of been fun. But majority of the time I was ported away from everyone in my group and stuck looking for a port.

Jenithia
Thanks for trying guys, I'm sure Braknar worked hard and put a lot of thought into it, its just that making us run all over the world for about 3 hours, be punted sometimes 3-5 times to faraway lands, deal with a guy in Kael that keeps you blinded for minutes on end, only to find out your turn in gets you a 50p item...feels kinda mean spirited.

Xaks
outside of the loot being substandard for the time investment...

how's about scaling it down? some folks play non-60s-with-planar-gear and would like to participate?

titanshub
11-01-2015, 12:48 AM
By the time the world series game was over I was too drunk to participate. :(

maestrom
11-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Re: Kunark.

The order of the Kunark route was a little weird. The quest giver NPC was all the way in FoB and the main point of entry (and the hint about the NPC) was on the other side of Kunark in DL/KC.

This meant that those of us who were among the first to get to the Kunark leg of the quest, got to DL. Went in to KC. figured out that the giver NPC was probably closer to Kaesora/Kurns, evaced to EJ, got the quest, and then ported back to DL for the straight shot.

This wasn't a big deal of course, i don't mind back tracking. But on a quest where the route can be picked up anywhere along the line, it made it so that even though i'd gotten to Kunark 30-45 minutes before some folks, they were effectively in the same place as I was in the quest, because we both had to run to FM--FV--FoB. They were able to do this because they'd gotten spoilers on where Acolytes were and could plot the best route.

Doesn't really matter if only the first person to finish "wins", but it was kinda frustrating to do all of that running to discover I could have just sat in DL for 15 minutes and saved myself a half an hour.

Was still fun though.

polishanarchy
11-01-2015, 12:53 AM
I ended up running this on my 33 druid. The journey was fun and all, especially teaming up with some friends and whatnot, figuring out where to go next. But the reward... got some drake-hide leggings. I read up about previous GM events (and their rewards) on this server, so this was pretty disappointing to see all around...

Valse
11-01-2015, 12:56 AM
Ported to surefall 4x. My laughter got deeper each time (I also threw a wrist pad across the room and nearly hit my cat). I was late for the turn in so i was already seeing hte rewards. Rolled the dice and got a fancy new polished bone bracelet. Super swag!

I loved every minute of guys. Keep it up!!

Nibblewitz
11-01-2015, 12:57 AM
I spent three hours working with a group of friends and racing all over Norrath, collecting hilarious novelty items. Not only did I recieve a Golden Ear Stud, but I have been transformed into a spectre.

Worth it. Thanks to all the staff that put in the time.

Indefinite
11-01-2015, 01:07 AM
The illusion at the end is a very cool reward imo, would have been neat to give that at the quest start with a longer timer so you run the quest as some char in costume. Only input I have would be much more puzzley, much longer in terms of solve time, perhaps with mirrored routes using different NPCs branching from first one or two stages to confuse those relying on shared information, tiered rewards based on level with a shared 'very rare' reward pool, use only existing NPCs to increase solve time. Overall a fun event, very fun to finally partake in one here, much appreciated.

Pint
11-01-2015, 01:22 AM
i didnt get to swing my sword at anything!

HethGnome
11-01-2015, 01:22 AM
If you're going to include that much running, pick smaller zones.

Itzi Bitzi
11-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Over all it was an...event.

It seems like it was lacking in cohesion a fair bit.

I think it was also due to zone overpopulation? On live, some events were relegated to specific zones, but here, that could cause major zone issues/competition <?>. Especially with the large influx of max level players that suddenly popped up.

The quest objectives were spread out to several zones and the rewards were lackluster for the amount of travel involved. As a 30~ bard, I managed to make it to most of the Kunark zones in the quest line. However, even the Faydwer quests (all of which <?> had a chance to teleport you across the zone) took about an hour-on top of figuring out what was going on with specific encounters (never figured out what the encounter with the KC NPC involved, utilizing bard with invis/see invis *shrug*).

I wasn't able to see a lot of the end experiences that happened, but it seems like I didn't miss much in the way of item loot.

IMO I think the event would've worked better in the 4 Karana zones, with some expected crappy item loots like ring of shadows/or just low end Velious items for new players-with a super (super) rare chance for higher end items like silver chitin handwraps or something.

Also, something to set the mood (farms/scarecrows/pumpkins/undead). Although you guys nailed the trick or treating aspect.

There was really not a lot of lore involved, just a big glowing pointing figure to go to the next spot involved, which expedited the further quests in the line.

I probably sound like I'm complaining, but ANY event is better than nothing at all. I even dusted off old characters to try and experience everything. I actually had to sit and think about how to approach NPC's (because it wasn't already online in a database).

So, kudos for the experience, it def. makes me excited for future events.

Oleris
11-01-2015, 01:24 AM
honest feed back

1) benefited people who could gate at the turn in mobs in case they got ported.

2) benefited classes that could travel fast (bard, shaman, druid) or port around the world.

3) lowbies couldn't do many parts of the quest, like Kael part.

4) rewards were mediocre for the time and effort that was required.

5) it was fun, but maybe a final fight with a /random would be worth it.

Ragnaros
11-01-2015, 01:25 AM
Scripting. Flawless
Idea. Flawless
Execution. Flawless
Time commitment required. Ehh..
Reward. Horrible..It takes atleast 2-3+ hours to do this IF YOU HAVE A PORTER and the rewards we got is a joke. I wouldn't of even been mad if I got a 10 dose ( random race) potion..but a scaley wolf chest..yikes

Indefinite
11-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Anyone find any of the easter eggs Braknar had mentioned?

Shadowlaw
11-01-2015, 01:28 AM
I'd just like to say Thankyou to Braknar and the others for working on this event, you took personal time and effort to make it happen!

It was a good adventure, actually reading what we had to do, i don't want to sound negative here but i don't think rewarding a title was necessary for this event and the rewards were 2 opposites of the spectrum, also "lore items" were another issue.

Considering the theme of it all and it involved masks, i honestly thought guise of the deceiver was going to be the main reward at the end.

paulgiamatti
11-01-2015, 01:29 AM
The journey was its own reward, I suppose.

I mean, it wasn't that hard of a quest, so it'd kinda suck if everyone walked away from it with an amazing reward. Someone should get the shaft. I think in the future you should reward the first few people to complete it with something awesome and unique like Guise of the Deceiver/Scimitar of the Mistwalker/Manastone/etc., then all rewards after that should be uncommon/rare with a small chance of one of the uber unique items, and a small chance of one of the common items.

Lazie
11-01-2015, 01:31 AM
A++

I am sure some of the rage at the rewards was awesome to witness. I think each stage of the event was pretty good. You could set a path based on the zones to finish it quickly. The only downside was as others mentioned. As a mellee once you get ported back to Gfay 3 times in a row from Velious after you invest over 2 hours it kinda kills your desire to finish the event.

Zali
11-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Wow..... after 4.5 hours of doing this on my level 60 druid.. my reward was a sarnak ceremonial dagger /cry

Blade
11-01-2015, 01:34 AM
All I'm reading in this thread is:

"Boohoo I didn't get a Guise or a Fungi."

Pokesan
11-01-2015, 01:35 AM
I had fun but I played my druid for it, and l recognize how deeply punishing the port tricks were for melee classes. I had one with me.

The rewards were weak and would have worked better as an item for completing each section of the quest - complete a continent and get quest item+bonus item. And a chance for a powerful item if you finish the whole thing coupled with a chance to be deathtouched or otherwise punished instead. Thule, u know?

I'm happy with my reward(Rubicite Greaves) because new ranger and omg fashionquest he was wearing some dumb vendor leather :D

DeathByCactus
11-01-2015, 01:37 AM
The journey was fun, until Velious. I think it would have been better to end it in Kunark personally. I liked the concept. Great job on it! Our guild enjoyed it and it was a great social function. The ball was clearly dropped on the loot. Additionally, this is P99, not live. People here are already very well geared and newbs who come in are gifted better loot than most people had in live (for a while after starting).

I think consumables like expensive food, gate pots, and other things should be looked at as common loot. With more rare and expensive things (500pp - 1k+ items) being on the rare list.

I saw the crap loot. I finished it anyway. It seemed like more of a chore and less fun as I progressed through Kunark. I felt the Velious part was too stretched and tired.

A- for everything up to Velious. C- for everything after.

Zali
11-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Well I would not have minded running around for maybe an hour. But 4.5 hours was a bit much. I was ported to surefall 5 times.

iruinedyourday
11-01-2015, 01:41 AM
All I'm reading in this thread is:

"Boohoo I didn't get a Guise or a Fungi."

I would be fine if during these events ONE person got a guise or at least lustrous russet, or some Cryosilk or some rewarding items. SOMETHING legacy, SOMETHING rewarding.

If it was a dice roll on turn in to get something like that, i wouldnt mind loosing and getting drake hide legs.

Maybe thats the weay these events work and nobody actually hits that .0000000000001% chance to get the reward.

Either way, it would be a lot cooler if there were rewards for these thigns that at least matched the implementation of the scripted event.

Scripted event was cool (altho it was dumb that you made an event that basically made friends of melee classes say, 'nah im done picking you up im going to just keep going, bye') but desiginging quests is HARD WORK and I think you learn that as you go along as a game developer.

Welcome to game development 101 Staff, make a game, people create a #hastag to talk shit about how you are a terrible person... thats just how it goes in this industry.

myguydie
11-01-2015, 01:45 AM
It took me about 4 hours which was fun. The reward that I received was a gem finder and other loot that I have seen was terrible for the most part.
I did enjoy putting the pieces together and everyone's possibility for some loot. I think many more ok to great loots need to be available. You shouldn't have to spend 4 hours for a possibility of getting a loaf of bread.
I also would like a boss fight, but also with random mob drops around him. get us farming an army of mobs with random good loots on them. Make the mobs 1 groupable for 45 + and have them in multiple zones.

I am a warrior and the porting was not a terrible issue.

1stCrusader
11-01-2015, 01:48 AM
Trick or treat NPC's deactivated after I only needed 2 more pieces. I'm a Lvl 40 Paladin who went through multiple groups and a very large pool of my patience before the event was ended without any warning. Oh well, I had a chance to get a loaf of bread anyways. Big shout out to druid "Ashon" for putting up with people leaving, keeping invis. and levitate active, and navigating us through the long runs. You could of joined a lvl 60 group, but you decided to give aid to a bunch of 40s. You deserve the reward better than all of us.

Thanks you devs for making something that was a complete waste of time and catered to the high class.

5 hours of time should not = taking the award completely away when we've taken time out of our holidays to play. Fuck me right?

ridiculousmoose
11-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Thank you for the event!

EsmyD
11-01-2015, 01:50 AM
you guys are terrible at creating events, and REALLY just going to end it when so many people are near the end, thats really messed up and retarded. a lot of wasted time...

REMEZ
11-01-2015, 01:52 AM
I had fun, had to laugh at port and snare trick.

Was a bit long event for my taste.

My reward was a Tree Weave.

Juhdo
11-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Deactivating it without warning is just rubbing salt in the wound. My group spent 5 hours doing it, got to the last 2 guys for it to be stopped cold turkey. I don't care if rewards are bs, i wanted to at least finish it!
Bad for devs, bad form.

farvak
11-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Thank you for Wasting my Time on a Saturday Night/Holiday...Wasted about 5hrs of my life for No Reason and have absolutely nothing to show for it...maybe give a heads up or a count down when your gonna end the event so people know whether or not its worth putting their time into it....Thanks

JayDee
11-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Love the staff, especially Sirken :)

That being said, participating in this event is one of the worst mistakes I have ever made. 4 hours and it was too late to abort by the time I started hearing what the rewards were.

All of this on what could have been a great night.

psway
11-01-2015, 01:59 AM
So, rewards aside, I was having fun. Running with people, resing people, hunting down npcs, etc. And after ~3 hours poof event despawns 10:50 pst... Halloween isn't even over. I would have at least liked to have finished.

paroxysmal
11-01-2015, 02:01 AM
The event itself was fun. The ending with no warning was not fun. After having worked on it for multiple hours to get it turned off when my group were so close to finishing and have that work wasted. I would have to say this is probably the worst experience I have had on p99 as of yet. I would have been happy to finish it and get my loaf of bread rather than have it turned off before getting the chance.

Dacuk
11-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Scripting. Flawless
Idea. Flawless
Execution. Flawless
Time commitment required. Ehh..
Reward. Horrible..It takes atleast 2-3+ hours to do this IF YOU HAVE A PORTER and the rewards we got is a joke. I wouldn't of even been mad if I got a 10 dose ( random race) potion..but a scaley wolf chest..yikes

Comptonlive
11-01-2015, 02:04 AM
Sure am glad I spent a couple hundred plat on invis potions for nothing. Doing this was not easy at lvl 18. Getting to velious and working the last leg was sick. Till the event ended. Thanks guys, that was great.

Sarcasm btw, just in case you didn't catch that.

Tethler
11-01-2015, 02:04 AM
I enjoyed the event and was even prepared for poopy loot as the reward when it just ended abruptly. A warning message ahead of event ending would have been nice. Other than that, thanks for putting the event on!

Braknar
11-01-2015, 02:06 AM
So guys, as I had said this was my first event on P99, not only that but the first scripted event like this in a long time. We have a lot of rust to shake off.

I've read in-game feedback and a couple of the threads here. Here are my take aways:

1) Tier it better. Make it so that the event builds on itself and scales up (level-wise). So something like in this case, where everytime you got a mask, you would get a chance of reward that would get increasingly better the more tiers you were able to complete. So basically letting lowbie come away with something.

2) End rewards sucked. As I said a few times, I sorta "phoned it in" here. There were 2 loot tables, one common one rare. You had a 20% chance of rare. An event like that that took the time that it did should have ONLY had the rare table. My bad.

3) Less ports. I think I got carried away with the ports guys, sorry about that. Won't happen quite like that again.

4) Level the playing field. One tactic I hadn't thought of was peopel binding at zone ins and gating back if ported. Next time, if I do an event with porting NPCs, we will disable binds.

5) Obvious port class advantage. I don't see this as overly bad. The 2nd person to turnin today (by only like 10 minutes) was a melee.

6) A big finish. I 100% agree this event had build up then just nothing. Next time I'll see about something more interesting at the end.

7) Abrupt finish. We did turn it off abruptly, I'm sorry for that but there were reasons. In the future, I'll make sure if we have something like this there is ample warning and notice.

So overall, I'm happy with the way things went. There were bumps, there were mistakes, but that happens. I learned a lot about what NOT to do, so I'll take that to heart and see if I can do better next time.

Feel free to forum PM me any other feedback.

Ezekiel
3 hours of non stop running and frustration for a Ropy Tendril?? for real? fail. I know I know... I should just be happy the gods have blessed me with the ability play such a flawless free experience as P99... for free. what a waste of a Halloween, thanks.

doeda
it was fun, until I couldn't finish it suddenly......met cool people strangers I just picked up and helped anyways

1stCrusader
I enjoyed the event and was even prepared for poopy loot as the reward when it just ended abruptly. A warning message ahead of event ending would have been nice. Other than that, thanks for putting the event on!

You're completely okay for wasting time out of your holiday to find out your reward will be taken away? What kind of pills are you on? This is NOT okay. :mad:

Blade
11-01-2015, 02:07 AM
I guarantee the event was turned off early because one of you dirtbags found a way to exploit it.

Borf
11-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Meez wuld love ta know whut all da possibul rewards were. Dat wuld be neat ta see whut we all miss da chance on.

iruinedyourday
11-01-2015, 02:09 AM
So guys, as I had said this was my first event on P99, not only that but the first scripted event like this in a long time. We have a lot of rust to shake off.

I've read in-game feedback and a couple of the threads here. Here are my take aways:

1) Tier it better. Make it so that the event builds on itself and scales up (level-wise). So something like in this case, where everytime you got a mask, you would get a chance of reward that would get increasingly better the more tiers you were able to complete. So basically letting lowbie come away with something.

2) End rewards sucked. As I said a few times, I sorta "phoned it in" here. There were 2 loot tables, one common one rare. You had a 20% chance of rare. An event like that that took the time that it did should have ONLY had the rare table. My bad.

3) Less ports. I think I got carried away with the ports guys, sorry about that. Won't happen quite like that again.

4) Level the playing field. One tactic I hadn't thought of was peopel binding at zone ins and gating back if ported. Next time, if I do an event with porting NPCs, we will disable binds.

5) Obvious port class advantage. I don't see this as overly bad. The 2nd person to turnin today (by only like 10 minutes) was a melee.

6) A big finish. I 100% agree this event had build up then just nothing. Next time I'll see about something more interesting at the end.

7) Abrupt finish. We did turn it off abruptly, I'm sorry for that but there were reasons. In the future, I'll make sure if we have something like this there is ample warning and notice.

So overall, I'm happy with the way things went. There were bumps, there were mistakes, but that happens. I learned a lot about what NOT to do, so I'll take that to heart and see if I can do better next time.

Feel free to forum PM me any other feedback.

good job on the event, responding to the feedback like this is the sign of a great designer.

You have NO QA department so we are your "game testers" its only natural that your first go will have trouble.

Honestly it was implemented VERY WELL and for that we thank you.

https://austenonek.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/andforthatwethankyou.jpg

ManuelThePopStar
I'm just gonna say this:

Turning the event off was a TERRIBLE idea. My entire group, mostly level 40s not 60s mind you, fought tooth and nail for 5 hours to get this all done.

We'd already head the rumors of the poor rewards but we no longer cared. We just wanted to FINISH THE QUEST so we felt SOME sort of accomplishment for our time spent.

Saker
Wow people! Just have to say wow! I was there at the tunnel at the start and began immediately, had sow's, used sow potions... had ports with a excellent druid. We got screwed! had 3 masks and the toilet paper on way to 2nd and poof, it's over NO! warning... Wow! Hours of our lives, people lost xp with poor placement of guy in FoB... The whole thing was setup for high levels, these things always ignore the lower. Really ok, you have a porter and a bard and you could do it good on you - everyone else gets the screw job. Nice! Wouldn't be surprised if the server takes a good population hit after this.

Taeoz
11-01-2015, 02:10 AM
Pros:
+ Interesting quest that spread out over multiple zones
+ Seeing other people getting screwed over by "tricks"
+ Figuring out the locations based on hints (until they were all over /ooc)

Cons:
- Quest design favored porting classes too much
- Some tricks were a bit much (one-shot IC kill and the resulting xp loss)
- Ending time should've been made apparent from the start
- Rewards did not match the effort required (even worst rewards shouldn't be vendor trash)

Overall, I had fun, even if the final hand-in was a let down. I think it could've ended with a bang - a boss mob in Kith with a limited pool of nice rewards that would then be raffled once it was killed (the mask turn-in would yield a raffle ticket). A missed chance on a good reward is better than the poor quality rewards a lot of us got, in my opinion.

Thanks for the event Braknar!

JayDee
So overall, I'm happy with the way things went.

?

paroxysmal
I'm just gonna say this:

Turning the event off was a TERRIBLE idea. My entire group, mostly level 40s not 60s mind you, fought tooth and nail for 5 hours to get this all done.

We'd already head the rumors of the poor rewards but we no longer cared. We just wanted to FINISH THE QUEST so we felt SOME sort of accomplishment for our time spent.

this

Fleetwood
Our group was in Velious with 2/4 of the LAST items, and you stopped it...

Not cool, at least us get our most likely shitty reward ffs...

EsmyD
complete trash event

RevSaber
Would have been nice if the event wasnt stopped for no reason while half of us were on the final legs of it. Even if the rewards werent worth it, wasting 5 hours is even worse.

volkertc
11-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Complete waste of time. Revolution will begin soon with mass boycotts. unless you have something cool for tomorrow. as in raid mobs as well as reimbersiments

EsmyD
i like how they deleted 5 pages of posts... of people who were complaining about how devs screwed them over

Meg
My highest level character is 8. Basically I had no chance to participate. How about not catering to the level 60's and the porting classes for once.

Saker
11-01-2015, 02:13 AM
3 hours of non stop running and frustration for a Ropy Tendril?? for real? fail. I know I know... I should just be happy the gods have blessed me with the ability play such a flawless free experience as P99... for free. what a waste of a Halloween, thanks.

what a waste of a Halloween, thanks.

I agree 100%!

1stCrusader
11-01-2015, 02:13 AM
good job on the event, responding to the feedback like this is the sign of a great designer.

You have NO QA department so we are your "game testers" its only natural that your first go will have trouble.

Honestly it was implemented VERY WELL and for that we thank you.

https://austenonek.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/andforthatwethankyou.jpg

Says the person who received a reward at all.

Saker
11-01-2015, 02:14 AM
My highest level character is 8. Basically I had no chance to participate. How about not catering to the level 60's and the porting classes for once.

Agree 100%, I pretty much knew this was exactly how it was going to turn out, and am sorry to say was proven correct. Just knew it would cater to the high levels.

jcr4990
Says the person who received a reward at all.
You can have my Fire Opal if u want it. PST me in game.

DeathByCactus
What I want to know is what about the poor saps who are not geared, do not have multiple characters, do not have guild logistics, are not high level, who formed up groups, died in many of the very difficult locations to finish this and then have them SWIPE THE MASK MOBS AT 1AM!?

Fleetwood
11-01-2015, 02:17 AM
Oh I get it, this was an early April Fools event duh!

Crevex
i was actually enjoying it, until i was ported to gfay 10 times in a row by the ogre in iceclad.. good times. thank you for trying though.

Feathers
It was a waste of time. I stated from Freeport when the event stated. I even got a port to each area, and I still did not have enough time to finish it.

The guy in centaurs would port people to Kera Island. You have to wait for a damn boat if you can't gate.

The guy at FV docks would cast an ensnare that lasted a long time. Mine was on for 12 min before I got a dispell.

I'm not going to do tomorrows event at all.

James_Joyce
11-01-2015, 02:18 AM
If the rewards were total shit anyway, why did the event need to be turned off at all? It could have run for a full day or hell, FOREVER, without causing any negative impact on the server economy.

I am not exaggerating at all when I say this was the worst GM event of any kind I have ever witnessed in 15 years of EQLive, EQMac, and p99. And that's saying a lot.

Putting this up on a holiday was just sadistic. I'm literally plumbing suicidal depths after blowing off family to get fucked by such utter incompetence on a holiday. What has my life become.

jakkin
GMs and Staff,

The Halloween Event was a great idea and as I've been playing on the server all day, I was online when the event first started and immediately headed to Kith Woods with the rest of my guild (Dial a Port). After spending 3-4 hours of my evening, in pursuit of completing this quest and as a druid, helping many of folk in their efforts as well, I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

With much of the server populace engaging in the event with much zeal, we all rejoiced when Jeromey (sp?) was the first player on th server to complete the event. Soon after, a GM announced that the reward system was wrong as the rewards being handed out initially were common/rare, when they were intended to be rare only. Without an encouraging solution being offered in the announcement, people began to express subtle dismay as to whether completing the quest was going to be worth their time.

At this point, I had already received my Pumpkin Mask & Scarecrow Mask, I thought I was half way done and I might as well continue on to finish the quest. After gathering all components for the 3rd mask and heading to FoB for the hand-in, a GM named Brakan (sp?) announced across the server that the event was being called off and after zoning, any temporary/illusion effects would be removed, and only the final hand-in npcs would remain activated.

For any and all players that were not on the final stage of the event, their chances for a potential reward were immediately taken away from them - including many of those in my guild, friends as well as myself, where I spent 3-4 hours pursuing this quest and now I, like them, have absolutely nothing to show for it.

In summation, I think the initial idea/kick off for the event was great. The execution was lack luster at best, caused people to lose interest and even discouraged folks just logging on people from participating. However and the most disappointing aspect was the how the event was ultimately handled and closed so abruptly, forcing people to take a walk without anything to show for it.

That being said, I sure hope the GMs and Staff can assure the player community that future events will be handled more gracefully and with a better reward system.

Lastly, any possible mechanism for players to hand in the items they were able to acquire for this evening's event in an effort to redeem what time they spent on the quest for some sort of reward, would be most helpful as well as serve to restore some of the faith the player community has lost in P99 events.

Much respect and loyalty,

Jakkin
Druid in (Dial a Port)

Soar
I started here just a few weeks ago and my highest character is lvl 10. I saw that the first place they were sending us with through Kithikor and I figured out real quick that this wasn't an event for low-level characters. But I don't pay to play so meh, whatever. Thanks for trying!

jsto69
11-01-2015, 02:19 AM
The butthurt in this thread alone was worth the 4 hours of porting around and server crash

1stCrusader
11-01-2015, 02:20 AM
You can have my Fire Opal if u want it. PST me in game.

I will take you on that offer. My in-game name is "Cantheron". Let's meet up in-game once the server becomes live again.

Thanks! :)

Blade
The only light to be shined on this kind of disastrous GM event is while most of us on Blue wasted a lot of time...

A lot of people on Red probably fucking DIED. A LOT.

And that's always a plus.

jonny4fingers
Expected some illusion mask like they do on Live. Reward is either super weak or malicious. You decide.

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:22 AM
i spent about 4.5-5 hours doing this event, and when i got to the final "treat" all of the masks poofed from my inventory.

i was not expecting the rewards to be good, i just wanted to complete the quest.

my group for the event was a cleric, bard, druid, wizard, necro, and enchanter. the best possible combo for mobility. we didn't afk or delay at all, and by the time the members of my group who didn't have their inventories poof got to the iceclad turn-in, the npc's despawned in our faces. only 2 of us were able to finish the event.

there is no possible way a solo player, or a player without a bard would have any chance at completing this event within the time allowed.

this event was clearly not functional from a technical level, i am surprised any players managed to complete it. i feel like my time was wasted. this was insulting to the p1999 playerbase. if it were tested better and functional, it could have been a fun event. but at the end of the day, it was a waste of my day.

nice troll, GM's. lol.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-01-2015, 02:22 AM
Welp. The event was handled poorly, but I think people are overlooking the fact that this event was, on the whole, quite a bit more complicated than previous p99 GM events. As a technical test I think it went pretty well. Feedback here is enough to show what not to do next time. People like to be rewarded for their time, people don't like to have to have an army of resources to complete server-wide events, and people would like more gradual rewards (not even scaling up -- just scaling up in # earned per time invested).

Kabahl
11-01-2015, 02:23 AM
GMs and Staff,

The Halloween Event was a great idea and as I've been playing on the server all day, I was online when the event first started and immediately headed to Kith Woods with the rest of my guild (Dial a Port). After spending 3-4 hours of my evening, in pursuit of completing this quest and as a druid, helping many of folk in their efforts as well, I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

With much of the server populace engaging in the event with much zeal, we all rejoiced when Jeromey (sp?) was the first player on th server to complete the event. Soon after, a GM announced that the reward system was wrong as the rewards being handed out initially were common/rare, when they were intended to be rare only. Without an encouraging solution being offered in the announcement, people began to express subtle dismay as to whether completing the quest was going to be worth their time.

At this point, I had already received my Pumpkin Mask & Scarecrow Mask, I thought I was half way done and I might as well continue on to finish the quest. After gathering all components for the 3rd mask and heading to FoB for the hand-in, a GM named Brakan (sp?) announced across the server that the event was being called off and after zoning, any temporary/illusion effects would be removed, and only the final hand-in npcs would remain activated.

For any and all players that were not on the final stage of the event, their chances for a potential reward were immediately taken away from them - including many of those in my guild, friends as well as myself, where I spent 3-4 hours pursuing this quest and now I, like them, have absolutely nothing to show for it.

In summation, I think the initial idea/kick off for the event was great. The execution was lack luster at best, caused people to lose interest and even discouraged folks just logging on people from participating. However and the most disappointing aspect was the how the event was ultimately handled and closed so abruptly, forcing people to take a walk without anything to show for it.

That being said, I sure hope the GMs and Staff can assure the player community that future events will be handled more gracefully and with a better reward system.

Lastly, any possible mechanism for players to hand in the items they were able to acquire for this evening's event in an effort to redeem what time they spent on the quest for some sort of reward, would be most helpful as well as serve to restore some of the faith the player community has lost in P99 events.

Much respect and loyalty,

Jakkin
Druid in (Dial a Port)

Braknar
11-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Welp. The event was handled poorly, but I think people are overlooking the fact that this event was, on the whole, quite a bit more complicated than previous p99 GM events. As a technical test I think it went pretty well. Feedback here is enough to show what not to do next time. People like to be rewarded for their time, people don't like to have to have an army of resources to complete server-wide events, and people would like more gradual rewards (not even scaling up -- just scaling up in # earned per time invested).

You have a point.

Ask yourself this one too. Other than velious launch, when was the last p99 event?

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:26 AM

You have a point.

Ask yourself this one too. Other than velious launch, when was the last p99 event?

my inventory poofed 4.5 hours into this quest (no, i did not log off) and the turnin npc's poofed while my group was turning in. most of the red server was behind us in the quest, so most players didn't even complete it. i think the event had potential, but as a technical test it was a failure. event did not run long enough and i wasn't the only player on red ooc talking about how their masks faded 4-5 hours in.

i like events and please don't take my criticism as whining and bitching. i'm just saying, someone should have tested how long it takes for a solo player to do the quest (because bard/port/rez groups were unable to finish it in time, lol)

i think the event was an improvement over the velious launch event (red server perspective)

Braknar
11-01-2015, 02:28 AM
my inventory poofed 4.5 hours into this quest (no, i did not log off) and the turnin npc's poofed while my group was turning in. most of the red server was behind us in the quest, so most players didn't even complete it. i think the event had potential, but as a technical test it was a failure. event did not run long enough and i wasn't the only player on red ooc talking about how their masks faded 4-5 hours in.

There was no reason for the masks to "fade". They were temporary items, however, so if you DCed/logged out/camped then yes they would go away.

I guess they didn't NEED to, so in the future I may remove that flag on any quest items I have as it seems to just cause problems.

kebas239
11-01-2015, 02:29 AM
It was a cool event and fun to travel around and see different parts of the EQ world. The "tricks" were interesting as well. I enjoyed the group I was with and chatting with them while we worked through the event.

As many others have said, for something that takes 2-5 hours depending on group makeup should yield better rewards.

I was using a level 60 porter and also have multiple level 50's and lots of experience with the game. I could have finished the event by myself on the porter in a matter of a few hours or so, but I was helping a group full of lower level characters as they had no other way to complete it. I enjoyed helping them, but there were many deaths in the process and some of them were not as familiar with the zones as me and got lost. I don't mind this, but...

the abruptness of shutting the event down without warning was very disheartening and made the many people that were still working on it feel like it was a waste rather than something where they met a goal. Even if the reward ended up being substandard, there would have been at least the sense of accomplishment for completing the event, instead of having it yanked away at a random time.

That's my input anyway. I do appreciate the work and effort you guys put into the server and this is just constructive criticism :)

Blade
11-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Brak, you are taking the majority of the complaining with a grain of salt, right man? There are some very valid points, but there's also a ton of "I didn't get a Guise" (to paraphrase) complaints that are mudding up the whole thing.

Braknar
11-01-2015, 02:30 AM
That's my input anyway. I do appreciate the work and effort you guys put into the server and this is just constructive criticism :)

Heard loud and clear. Thanks!

Blade
11-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Anyone else looking forward to Sirken's next Supercast featuring Braknar? Lol

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:32 AM
There was no reason for the masks to "fade". They were temporary items, however, so if you DCed/logged out/camped then yes they would go away.

I guess they didn't NEED to, so in the future I may remove that flag on any quest items I have as it seems to just cause problems.

I did not disconnect or camp out at any point, so yeah they glitched out. I talked to 2 other people on red who had the same problem. One guy said his poofed on death. My inventory poofed when I did my final trick or treat.

Braknar
Anyone else looking forward to Sirken's next Supercast featuring Braknar? Lol

Haha I'll be there!

Fleetwood
the abruptness of shutting the event down without warning was very disheartening and made the many people that were still working on it feel like it was a waste rather than something where they met a goal.

This is the biggest problem with the whole thing. Our group needed 2 more treats in Velious which wouldnt have taken much longer, just to see that yellow text rip us a new one...

Braknar
11-01-2015, 02:33 AM
I did not disconnect or camp out at any point, so yeah they glitched out. I talked to 2 other people on red who had the same problem. One guy said his poofed on death. My inventory poofed when I did my final trick or treat.

That's so strange, this is the first I heard about that.

A few claimed they poofed on blue, looked at logs, and they had handed in the wrong items.

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:33 AM
This is the biggest problem with the whole thing. Our group needed 2 more treats in Velious which wouldnt have taken much longer, just to see that yellow text rip us a new one...

man, we had the npc's poof while we were doing the final turn in and half the group didn't make it

Oleris
11-01-2015, 02:34 AM
any word on server down braknar? Think I died in vp because of it :(

Fleetwood
man, we had the npc's poof while we were doing the final turn in and half the group didn't make it

I feel ya man, very disheartening end to the event... Hard to wanna get into tomorrows.

Shadowlord
Now look what happened. You all cried and whined about the GM event and the GM's took their toy and went home..............
Server down until you all tell them how well they did.

1stCrusader
11-01-2015, 02:35 AM

Ouch. I can only guess what the group's general consensus was. :eek:

Pokesan
11-01-2015, 02:38 AM
grr braknar grr

*barks hysterically at braknar*

YOU RUINED MY LIFE

DarthMartigan
11-01-2015, 02:40 AM

<3

Had a blast with guild mates and others. The fifth port to surefall glades was pretty heartbreaking, but it was fun to make the long run from IC every time. Really enjoyed! Funny moment was when I told the group I would go check out mistmoore so we knew where it was and they were all running to BB and I beat them to Kaladim entrance without knowing why :P

I know people are upset about rewards (I was a little bummed with reward vs time spent), but it was a fun community event. I would maybe switch the loot table a bit, but the event mechanics were great! Thanks for putting it on!

VANVEM
11-01-2015, 02:40 AM
If the goalwas to have a lot of players log in and work together to complete a special quest and have fun doing so, I would say Mission accomplished!

the rewards were pretty bad, but there should only be one really nice reward for whoever completes it first, and something small for the rest anyway. Ignore the negative feedback, I was in a fould mood to begin with, and grping with friends to accomplish this helped, so Thanks Devs.

Hitachi
11-01-2015, 02:41 AM
yikes

Menolithoro
11-01-2015, 02:44 AM
but there should only be one really nice reward for whoever completes it first, and something small for the rest anyway.

I wonder if people really remember much of the old GM events.

Many of them were hours long, and 1 single person often ended up with a special title or a special item.

Zali
11-01-2015, 02:46 AM
I remember sitting on Santa's lap.../nod

Blade
11-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Santa Claugg was the fuckin man (ogre)

Colgate
11-01-2015, 02:48 AM
didn't get to log in while it was going on, but from what i heard it generated a lot of fun pvp on red99

who gives a shit what the rewards were?

GM events shouldn't mean "time to collect welfare pixels" you ungrateful crybabies

sounded to me like it was an original event that fit the halloween theme

looking forward to more things along this line in the future, thanks braknar

jcr4990
11-01-2015, 02:48 AM
I wonder if people really remember much of the old GM events.

Many of them were hours long, and 1 single person often ended up with a special title or a special item.
1 person getting a good item would've been cooler than everyone getting a 1-100pp item imo. But again I want to stress that Braknar put a lot of hard work and time into putting this event on for us and we should all be grateful and stop raging so much. The rewards sucked yes. Lesson learned and next time will be better! Hopefully more cool events in the future :)

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:49 AM
I mean I'm being a bit critical calling this event a "troll," don't let that undermine my criticism. I just want to address the issues with this event, so that the next one can be a hit. On a more positive note, I feel like one major point of success was that on the red server, the PvP was actually fun this time around. The initial vagueness to the quest, along with how spread out the event npc's were, kept the event from becoming 70 people camping a spire or zone line. In that regard, this event was much better designed than the Velious launch. I'm being very critical of this event from a technical perspective, but if the quest "actually worked" it had potential to be a very fun event. There was a lot wrong with it, but also a lot that was done well.

Blade
11-01-2015, 02:50 AM
I mean I'm being a bit critical calling this event a "troll," don't let that undermine my criticism. I just want to address the issues with this event, so that the next one can be a hit. On a more positive note, I feel like one major point of success was that on the red server, the PvP was actually fun this time around. The initial vagueness to the quest, along with how spread out the event npc's were, kept the event from becoming 70 people camping a spire or zone line. In that regard, this event was much better designed than the Velious launch. I'm being very critical of this event from a technical perspective, but if the quest "actually worked" it had potential to be a very fun event. There was a lot wrong with it, but also a lot that was done well.

Oh, you're a Red player.

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:52 AM
didn't get to log in while it was going on, but from what i heard it generated a lot of fun pvp on red99

GM events shouldn't "mean time to collect welfare pixels" you ungrateful crybabies

I agree, the event was conducive to actual fun PVP on the red server. And that GM events shouldn't be about collecting "welfare pixels." But what you're missing, is that the event/quest was broken, and the quest NPC's were despawned before most people had a chance to complete the event. There was no possible way to finish the event without a dedicated bard and porter.

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:55 AM
Oh, you're a Red player.

None of my criticism of this event is relevant to which server I play on. I did the event on a level 50 and didn't run into a single player in PVP range of me because our group was usually a continent ahead of the rest of the server. So I may as well have been on blue.

Colgate
11-01-2015, 02:56 AM
I agree, the event was conducive to actual fun PVP on the red server. And that GM events shouldn't be about collecting "welfare pixels." But what you're missing, is that the event/quest was broken, and the quest NPC's were despawned before most people had a chance to complete the event. There was no possible way to finish the event without a dedicated bard and porter.

yea if that was the case, that sucks

just seems like 99% of the complaints are "my item sucked!!!"

jcr4990
11-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Can confirm as someone that had a port/bard group I only completed the event with about 1-1.5 hrs to spare before they killed the event. I'm fairly certain if I was melee without a guild/friends of the port/bard variety I wouldn't have completed.

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 02:59 AM
yea if that was the case, that sucks

just seems like 99% of the complaints are "my item sucked!!!"

I agree, those people are idiots and you should be able to enjoy the event for what it is regardless of the reward.

Tethler
11-01-2015, 03:02 AM
You're completely okay for wasting time out of your holiday to find out your reward will be taken away? What kind of pills are you on? This is NOT okay. :mad:

I was having a good time while doing the event itself. Rewards are awesome, but its not always about the reward. If the event wasn't going on, I'd have been bashing some dumb mob on an alt. Event gave me something else to do for a bit that isn't normally part of the game.

Lifebar
11-01-2015, 03:32 AM
When I got ported from WK to EC I decided to go do something else.

But I'm so glad that we have a staff that cares enough to put an event -- ANY event -- together on the 100% free nostalgia server I love.

Thanks guys & Happy Halloween!

Movember
11-01-2015, 03:35 AM

GM events shouldn't mean "time to collect welfare pixels" you ungrateful crybabies

This 100% - at least on Red it was a lot of fun seeing people actually go at it for once.

Nilasbik
11-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Events are suppose to be fun. If you look at the event rewards from SoE/Verant events. Specifically the 2001 Halloween event. The rewards were no drop and they were upgrades for people in the 20-40 range from trash mobs and then very few mobs that had to be killed by multiple groups to drop decent items for people above 40. They later switched to the scavenger hunts for the anniversaries in which case everyone got the same reward and it wasnt always great but it wasnt a waste of time either. Each year the previous years scavenger hunts were available and i know on FV the exp pot one was farmed like crazy because they were tradeable per FV ruleset. Where as on normal servers they were not. The last few years they would do augments. So to have rewards that are mediocre when you are lvl20-30 that you can always get in the game any day of the week its not special. The point of holiday events is to do something that you dont get to see every day.

1. The running around was fine.
2. The scripting a good idea.
3. Add random new mobs to zone with random no drop loot. in fact just use the old halloween loot nothing was super op.
4. giving a boss that will draw people together at the end is a good idea as well.
5. its ok to give out something that's risk vs reward is easier than normal because it doesnt happen all the time, its a holiday event. make it no drop and lore.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6782 link to all of the anniversary events page so you can get an idea of reward types that people enjoy.

fragmaster
11-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Thank you for pissing people off. Angry nerds is the only joyful thing I find on this forum... that at newbs getting help. Keep up the good work overlords!

Crimsoneye
11-01-2015, 04:00 AM
Thanks for taking the time to set all of this up. I appreciate the work that goes into this and making sure it goes smoothly so everyone can have fun!

What I liked:
-I liked that you forced everyone to get out of their comfort zone a little bit and explore new zones!
-I liked the searching for the acolytes aspect. Though once it was found, everyone just seemed to follow the flood, maybe have the acolytes respawn in a new location every once in awhile(from a preset list of locations in the zone). If they respawned on a timer, then that would break groups up less if the entire group speaks to the acolyte at the same time.
-I like that there were more pick up groups. As a bard, I ran around inviting random people to run to the new locations with me. It was fun getting to meet some new people along the way.

What I thought could be improved:
-The tricks that ported you many zones away were just annoying and not as fun. Maybe in the future, instead of porting you off somewhere(which broke up our group and wasted time more than anything), maybe spawn mobs instead to bring groups/guilds closer together.(if if you did want to stick with this idea, maybe port the player, but give them the item also once they load. I saw people getting ported 2 or 3 times in a row)
-I didn't like the reliance on druids/wizards to basically port you everywhere. I would rather have some type of clickable teleport like a firepot. (this wasn't really a huge issue, its just that people spent a lot for porting tips, and many didn't even get to finish the event)
-The time limit was a bit annoying. I got to 14 out of the 16 acolytes when the event was shut down, and was a bit upset that I didn't get to finish the event after putting so much work into it.(if the time limit is unavoidable, then it might be nice to know the time limit ahead of time, so I could just stop if I knew I wasn't going to finish) Another idea is to have an upgradeable item so the further the player gets into the event, the stronger their item gets, that way, no one goes home completely empty handed.
-The loot I hear was a bit buggy, but that wasn't intended, so I won't worry about that.

Thanks again! Keep up the great work and I'm really looking forward the the next event!

Axlrose
11-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Thinking about the holiday in question, what do kids receive (for the most part)? Candy! Thus what could have gone well for those with limited mobility would have been each city offering a different "treat". This small token food item would have been a lore item with the smallest of boosts before consumed (assuming food stats still worked like they did on Live many years ago).

If there was to be an elaborate quest spanning the continents, then the event should have run for at least one whole day to allow everyone a relatively even chance to complete the quest. Or expand the quest timer to a week but the trick or treat mobs only appear during the evening and night hours of the game.

Just my thoughts.

Sorn
11-01-2015, 04:17 AM
What I liked:

1. Cecil and Barm looked awesome.
2. Getting treats (Kunark's acolytes were making some kind of casserole for sure, and I suspect the ones on Faydwer were some sort of school reference).
3. Solving a new quest. I like puzzles!
4. Knowing I could get turned into something fun and run around like that for a while.

What I disliked:

1. Could not complete quest before the abrupt cut-off time - although honestly I was kind of relieved I wouldn't have to keep playing by the time I got to the Velious section.
2. The idea of eating an ice comet in Kael, possibly repeatedly.
3. Some of the tricks, like porting and straight up murder, upped the ante a little too much considering the potential reward.]
4. Lower levels essentially could not do the later sections of the quest - this doesn't apply to me but did apply to several of the people I saw struggling to finish the quest. There were no intermediary rewards, either.

EQsale
11-01-2015, 04:19 AM
Deactivating it without warning is just rubbing salt in the wound. My group spent 5 hours doing it, got to the last 2 guys for it to be stopped cold turkey. I don't care if rewards are bs, i wanted to at least finish it!
Bad for devs, bad form.

Xaanka
11-01-2015, 06:11 AM
What I liked:
4. Lower levels essentially could not do the later sections of the quest - this doesn't apply to me but did apply to several of the people I saw struggling to finish the quest. There were no intermediary rewards, either.

yeah outside of the bugs and cut-off time this is the main thing that I didn't "get" about this event. the only people who the quest rewards were relevant to were new players under level ~30, but they had zero chance of actually completing the event. just didn't make sense. i think it's cool for an event to give out newbie items and i'm not clamoring for pixels, but if you're going to do that at least make the event something the new players can do. if an event's being designed for lv40+ characters and you don't want to hand out pixels, just hand out no-drop vanity items or something. didn't understand this design choice.

Jfertal
11-01-2015, 06:33 AM
To skip the bullshit ass kissers, this was by far the worst event p99 ever hosted. While ai appreciate everying this server has brought me, this event had no server entrigity, every past event was fun!!

I love this server, and when hipe about holiday events get brought it, it makes me super excieted, i dont give a fuck about guises or any of that.
most eventd cater to ranger/druids be fun if you guys brought back the old events zombies invading towns.

i dont know man, make it simple, lets use /a smash and bash, have fun random loot. lustrous russet droping off invading zombies, etc. gods in zones outside their realm with odd loot tables, create fun itmems never creative with absurd charges!!!!

The rewards masks upon turn in, give +10 clicky charges of that illusion!
I dont know man its hard to hate, we beat that drum of free server etc, but come on, thats the best...

Better luck next year.

<inster clark grislwold chrismtas bonus>

Edit thanks braknar and sirken!!

sergan
11-01-2015, 06:43 AM
When I was doing it I throught it was funny but when I finish it I fell like 4 hours of my life waste. I know you can't give us a manastone or a guise but http://wiki.project1999.com/Chipped_Bone_Collar.... pleaaaaaaaaaaaase
Guys you take the queen of paty to home but you fail at bed.

Jfertal
11-01-2015, 06:49 AM

not about pixel handouts, but server coming together on an event, forget about fraps, and the server lawyers, get down to some odd encounters.

Doesnt matter if its red or blue, would of been fun to also have a pvp event!!

Jfertal
11-01-2015, 06:54 AM

i hope you are refering to the red server event? because on blue nothing was broken? nothing depsawned? not sure what you are talking about, even sirken and barakaner were willing able to assist to anyone who had any interruptions during then event.

where do we enter "this would of not happened on red server"

Jfertal
quadreuple drunk posts!!

I dressed up as wilson form home improvment!

$2.50 custome, anyone else have anyting cool?

Stormfists
I didn't do it but everyone who I've spoken to have said...

- Rewards weren't worth the time.
- What is essentially an treasure hunt (finding NPCs) would have probably been more appropriate at Easter.

Looking forward to zombies for Good Friday though - can we get Jesus as an undead holy knight?

But overall am really impressed, gg coders.

Brut
11-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Was expecting the illusion thing to last a bit longer. Stayed up till 6am euro scumbag hours to finish the event, logged in today and illusion goodness was gone alrdy. =<

Running around the world was fun enough, although it felt like it went on a bit too long overall. Was kind of expecting there to be a newbie specific event going on, and top end crew would get their own stuff. First time we saw that message about creature lurking in Kithi, we assumed it was some raid boss to distract the raiding guilds.

Idunno, I thought we'd all get 10 dose illusion pots or something and first five to finish get extra special rewards. I get that everyone on server shouldn't be forked over guises and fungis, but cosmetic sillyness don't really hurt anyone.

Fun to at least see an event for once, even tho it meant staying up until the morning. Euroscum still dreams and wishes these could be started earlier!

Swish
11-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I wonder how much lower the pop will be tonight versus last Sunday...not much change I'd say.

Halem
11-01-2015, 10:33 AM
The reward was disappointing, but i enjoyed the event. It was fun to see 30+ people running the same direction with bard speed.

It would have been nice to be able to return from wherever you are ported for a trick without having to find a port. No way i would have completed the event had my druid buddy not been kind enough to carry me along.

khanable
11-01-2015, 10:47 AM
>asks npc trick or treat
>mad when tricked

Mechanically, the event seemed to go off without a hitch. No lag nor bugs from what I saw and it spread the player base out which was good. Who cares about the rewards - we had some good laughs in TS and that alone was 110% worth my time.

Thanks for putting this all together Braknar!

Brut
11-01-2015, 10:47 AM
The RNG port thing was a clever idea to make it somewhat less obvious that the most organized bard+porter grp would triumph. I was on last acolyte when the winner was announced methinks, and never had a bard and early on was without a designated porter. Got prty lucky and only got ported once, but it was by far the worst one, from CC to surefall. Kunark ate out alot of time too, since tried to hammer thinking it'd start at OT, and had to run from there all the way to Kurns to get that part started.

wkbuilder
11-01-2015, 10:51 AM
I would have added a lower tier reward for those who could only acquire one or two masks. My level 30 main got to Kunark before I realized it was no longer reasonable to continue, hearing murmurs about having to go into KC, and higher level zones. On the plus side I am a druid and made about 200pp porting.

ronasch
11-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Syphillis would have been a more appropriate reward. Trick!

Can we get a list of the TOP 10 finishers thanks

Cuktus
11-01-2015, 11:08 AM
One thing i wanted to mention, is there a way to slow down the text the NPCs spew? I ran to Kith from Guk, saw about 90+ people hailing the dude from FF4, messed around with text box until I could figure out what he was saying, ran to Gfay to see the same thing, said "meh", and went back to leveling. Was cool to see tho, thanks for the event.

maestrom
11-01-2015, 11:20 AM
I'd like a ranked list of ALL of the finishers :P we can see where we finished. Also, how many people finished?

myriverse
11-01-2015, 11:24 AM
If you didn't get good loot, that just means the classic is working. Back in 2000, I never got crap in all of the GM events on Live. But loot has nothing at all to do with fun.

Surin
11-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I enjoyed the event a lot. Mind you, I had some buddies who could port (but, this game is about social interaction, so having buddies isn't exactly a big expectation...). I thought some of the hints were very good.

My one complaint was the reward, but not because I wanted some 100k item. I'd have liked to see something unique about the event reward. Something that was Lore/No Drop that was flavorful to the theme. An example might be a "Guise of the Scarecrow." No stats, no drop, turns you into a scarecrow. No faction benefit, no vision benefit, just something flavorful and unique.

If you don't go down the route of unique next time, I'd suggest removing LORE items from the list of rewards. I had at least a few buddies who got nothing because their reward was a LORE item they already had.

Expediency
11-01-2015, 11:58 AM

I liked the event and did 3/4 parts of it before I had to go to bed. Really the only thing that needed fixing was making the event four separate quests instead of one, with each turn in resulting in a diceroll at loot; and if you do all four or are one of the first x people to finish them all your last roll is on the rare table guaranteed

Kagey
11-01-2015, 12:08 PM
why cant we have event like the one in Kurn's Tower last year.

maestrom
11-01-2015, 12:09 PM
One thing i wanted to mention, is there a way to slow down the text the NPCs spew? I ran to Kith from Guk, saw about 90+ people hailing the dude from FF4, messed around with text box until I could figure out what he was saying, ran to Gfay to see the same thing, said "meh", and went back to leveling. Was cool to see tho, thanks for the event.

Hail mob, run 50 feet away, read text, run back in say trigger text, run back out so on so on

Chrisjones70
11-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Took to long at such a late time in the United Kingdom, was fun everyone panicking trying to get there first but couldn't finish as Was getting to late. Thanks for the event!

Tupakk
11-01-2015, 12:21 PM
You have a point.

Successful Events:

Bum Fights was the last event in July.

Attempted Events:

Cheqmate
Melee and Caster 1v1 Bracket Style up to 40 players
Capture the Corpse PVP 3v3 or 5v5 on top of KC or ToFS

We have attempted alot of events with no luck because of poor or no interest.

DoF has asked for support with no response.

I didnt get to attend last night but after reading the feedback thread props to a well scripted event.

Like I told you a while ago DoF is here and willing to help you with anything. We come up with new stuff everyday. It is just sitting waiting to be used. Just because Moregan went off the handle doesn't mean the rest of us are sour. Ask anyone of us, Sorn, Filbus, Keke, Tupakk, Skylais, Snapcaster, Oggagar, and more.

Completely agree, If your not handing out CoFs or Fungis everyone in their brother is complaining.

Braknar
11-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Successful Events:

Bum Fights was the last event in July.

Fair point, I was more referring to these big GM holiday events. Bum fights was hilarious.

DoF has asked for support with no response.

Now, now. Sirken was at bum fights offering some great event support.

Like I told you a while ago DoF is here and willing to help you with anything.

You did, but as this was a fully scripted GM event I didn't see where you guys would be able to do anything to assist.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about future events.

Jabaniz
11-01-2015, 02:43 PM
I think the event attempt was cool. I just assumed at level 39 I wouldn't have had to worry about getting killed or finding several ports and buffs that my cleric doesn't have.
On live, holiday events were kinda fun, still took some effort and time to complete, but reward was a fun unique item to that event only.
I think one year we got a gnomish fireworks stick for the 4th, nothing that changed gameplay but some thing that showed you completed an event.
Non holiday gm events can be for higher levels, or have different skill levels of completion, resulting in appropriate reward for each tier of completion.

NegaStoat
11-01-2015, 03:23 PM
I liked the event a lot with a couple of reservations that other people covered. My handful of insights after sleeping on it.

Strengths:
1) The event was spread out over different zones which mitigated zone stress from population significantly. This is huge. When you put an event with one boss fight or something similar in one central zone with ease of access, you get a fuggin' mess. Great job with this.

2) Because it was spread out, yes, people that could teleport were immediately put into a situation of peer pressure of "well hell. if I port to different continents without a full group of strangers wanting to do this, I'm a scumbag." - Soooo many players came together and chipped in to help others have fun with this. I saw it in every zone. This. Was. Neat.

3) Scripting was superb. I think some of the tricks were over-the-top harsh, like Ice Comet and the teleport to Kerra Isle, but the intent was great. The need to visit NPC's and get items for masks - very cool.

Weaknesses:

1) Uncertainty of how long the event would last: this has a big impact on a person being motivated to participate. When it started at 6:00 pm Pacific time, I had it in the back of my mind that the event would probably last for 6 to 8 hours, for people doing it on foot solo to complete. Nothing was announced, and we all learned it would last for much less than this. I'd like to ask that this concern be considered for the next event.

2) A lack of different tiers for levels of completion based on levels of characters for what they could actually do. Or perhaps for people with limited playtime. But you already covered this.

3) Prizes. Already covered, but I wanted to mention that Guises or Thex Daggers or bullcrap that's rare and priceless isn't needed. I think you already have some strong ideas on what to do here for next time.

Please let there be a next time, thanks for taking feedback.

Lojik
11-01-2015, 03:34 PM
BDA ruins everything

Braknar
11-01-2015, 04:25 PM
I liked the event a lot with a couple of reservations that other people covered. My handful of insights after sleeping on it.

Strengths:
1) The event was spread out over different zones which mitigated zone stress from population significantly. This is huge. When you put an event with one boss fight or something similar in one central zone with ease of access, you get a fuggin' mess. Great job with this.

2) Because it was spread out, yes, people that could teleport were immediately put into a situation of peer pressure of "well hell. if I port to different continents without a full group of strangers wanting to do this, I'm a scumbag." - Soooo many players came together and chipped in to help others have fun with this. I saw it in every zone. This. Was. Neat.

3) Scripting was superb. I think some of the tricks were over-the-top harsh, like Ice Comet and the teleport to Kerra Isle, but the intent was great. The need to visit NPC's and get items for masks - very cool.

Weaknesses:

1) Uncertainty of how long the event would last: this has a big impact on a person being motivated to participate. When it started at 6:00 pm Pacific time, I had it in the back of my mind that the event would probably last for 6 to 8 hours, for people doing it on foot solo to complete. Nothing was announced, and we all learned it would last for much less than this. I'd like to ask that this concern be considered for the next event.

2) A lack of different tiers for levels of completion based on levels of characters for what they could actually do. Or perhaps for people with limited playtime. But you already covered this.

3) Prizes. Already covered, but I wanted to mention that Guises or Thex Daggers or bullcrap that's rare and priceless isn't needed. I think you already have some strong ideas on what to do here for next time.

Please let there be a next time, thanks for taking feedback.

Heard and appreciated!

Aandolaf
11-01-2015, 04:41 PM
The rewards didn't really upset me, although that didn't help. I didn't do the event for a reward, just to see what it had to offer gameplay/mechanic wise, which is what I found disappointing about the event. I found it a bit dull, a little variety would have went a long way I think. Find guy, he tells you where the 4 others are, run to them, run back to the guy, rinse and repeat. After the first few item fetches it was a little old. Having to do this 16 times in a row was pretty repetitive for me.

A lot of people have kinda made this point, but running for 3 hours through some of the largest zones in the game, while often being met with a random chance of being ported across the continent, getting ice comet'd, or having blind cast on you in the noble building in Kael with giants rampaging about seemed in bad taste. EQ is brutal enough as it is lol, spending 10 min running across WK only to get to the quest npc and be met with a "haha" and being ported to freeport was a bit much I think. And I was a port class, so it wasn't that inconvenient for me, I just had to make the 10 min run from NK to WK again. At about half way through the event I decided I had spent a decent amount of time on it so far, I might as well finish and see what I get. The equivalent to vendor trash item did sting a bit, but thats only because I didn't enjoy the rest of the event. I've seen a lot of people say the event was fun, and I personally don't see the fun in running for 3 hours, but we're all different so oh well, can't please everyone.

I think I would have enjoyed it more if there were less npc's to find, they were harder to find, and the penalties were not so severe. The only one I had difficulty finding was the first invis guy in FoB. Most of the npc's were very easy to find in very popular zones. The difficulty wasn't In finding out where they were, it was just spending a lot of time getting to them, and dealing with the severe penalties they might inflict upon you.

I do realize the difficulty in trying to make an event that everyone can participate in, which is why I think this went the "non-combat" route, but it still proved difficult for lower level players to accomplish. From the guy in FoB being on the path that Trooper Taer(or whatever his name is) walks, to having to get to the noble building in Kael were things that discouraged lowbies from participating.

I feel bad about making this as a lot of others are bashing the event, but this is how I feel about it and I'm trying to be constructive. I appreciate the time that went into this as well as the time spent working on the server in general, thanks for the effort. Looking forward to seeing whats done differently next time.

Muggens
11-02-2015, 12:19 AM
What will be the next event? Missed this one but I'll make sure to stick around for the next :)

ronasch
11-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Did they ever post a list of the top 10 finishers?

drktmplr12
11-02-2015, 12:03 PM
i propose an April fools event:

1. red server becomes blue
2. blue server becomes red
3. simulate repops

Swish
11-02-2015, 12:06 PM
i propose an April fools event:

1. red server becomes blue
2. blue server becomes red
3. simulate repops

1+2 , best suggestion ever

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lWrCuj8HzKcrYI/giphy.gif

Jabaniz
11-02-2015, 02:34 PM
1+2 , best suggestion ever

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lWrCuj8HzKcrYI/giphy.gif

I can't get the nationwide insurance jingle out of my head after this post

Acyn
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
I didn't get to finish it but...more please. :)