PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999 fan Faire???

Vangorr_WAR
11-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Would anyone be interested if there was a project 1999 Fan Faire... If so how many would sign up???

MiRo2
11-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Where would it be located, and would there be an open bar?

ukaking
11-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Would Depend on location.

RapidScotch
11-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Where would it be located, and would there be an open bar?

Would depend on this.

Ozz
11-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Would Depend on location.

This.

Shannacore
11-20-2010, 12:28 PM
We've already had this discussion

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4409

Gwence
11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
lol, free alcohol and players from competing guilds meeting in rl might end up being a very bad day.

Im interested though!

Taslion
11-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Vegas.

Yak
11-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Dude have it in Vegas and get Sony to sponsor it. Sony is such a big whore that it might do that!

Taluvill
11-20-2010, 06:25 PM
lol, free alcohol and players from competing guilds meeting in rl might end up being a very bad day.

Im interested though!

Hahaha for once, I agree with you.

Rahnza
11-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Reiker'll be there.

Lazortag
11-20-2010, 08:17 PM
A project 1999-con/fanfaire/whatever is a terrible idea. p99 is full of some completely nutty people. Look at it this way: if Abacab's way of getting back at people in eq is by training them, how do you think he gets his revenge in real life??

Also, lots of people on the server just don't get along. How awkward would it be if I had a conversation with someone for 10 minutes and then found out it was actually alawen or some other douche? And what if I insulted someone I didn't know and then found out it was rogean or nilbog, or someone else with authority? Would they ban me later for it? Could they do that?

Rahnza
11-20-2010, 08:23 PM
People are a lot friendlier when you take away the anonymity of the internet. I might even smoke a bong with Hasbinbad. Maybe.

AexDestroy
11-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Lol I was thinking the same thing....

Lets get 500 people together who all fucking hate each other, and lets see what RnF actually looks like .

Barnes
11-20-2010, 08:34 PM
sounds fun Vangorr, open bar is a must

oldhead
11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
People are a lot friendlier when you take away the anonymity of the internet. I might even smoke a bong with Hasbinbad. Maybe.

I would try to find out who people are and get into some fights :D

I got a very short list of people tho. What are the chances they would even show up. :(

Rogean
11-20-2010, 08:55 PM

I actually agree with this. I've met many people IRL after knowing them for a while just over the intertubes, even some of them didn't like me or I didn't like them, etc, and I got along great. The perception of someone over the Internet goes out the window when you meet them.

All that aside, let's have a mini fan faire in Vegas at the Sony fan faire next year, lol.

Badmartigan
11-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I actually agree with this. I've met many people IRL after knowing them for a while just over the intertubes, even some of them didn't like me or I didn't like them, etc, and I got along great. The perception of someone over the Internet goes out the window when you meet them.

All that aside, let's have a mini fan faire in Vegas at the Sony fan faire next year, lol.

exactly... nerd rage comes out in EQ..

Nerds IRL arent gonna be all aggro starting shit with eachother..... it will be as quiet as a library.

Knightmare
11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
How awkward would it be if I had a conversation with someone for 10 minutes and then found out it was actually alawen or some other douche? And what if I insulted someone I didn't know and then found out it was rogean or nilbog, or someone else with authority? Would they ban me later for it? Could they do that?

I'm not sure what word describes this post best, depressing, ignorant or arrogant.

Heaven forbid you meet someone and actually enjoy talking to them for a few moments IRL despite them possibly being a douche in-game. What, do you really expect to like every aspect of every person you meet? Are you incapable of having a conversion with someone who isn't quite as perfect as you are? Can you not talk to someone without insulting them, no matter who they are? How about maybe just accepting the negative traits of others, along with their positive and just being humane to your fellow person for awhile.

Nice friggin job at being a positive representative for friendliness in your guild. :rolleyes:

Yak
11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
People are also friendly in person because they don't have a keyboard and screen to hide behind. I think it's a great idea, getting it organized and getting the funding for it is another ball of wax.

Lazortag
11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure what word describes this post best, depressing, ignorant or arrogant.

Heaven forbid you meet someone and actually enjoy talking to them for a few moments IRL despite them possibly being a douche in-game. What, do you really expect to like every aspect of every person you meet? Are you incapable of having a conversion with someone who isn't quite as perfect as you are? Can you not talk to someone without insulting them, no matter who they are? How about maybe just accepting the negative traits of others, along with their positive and just being humane to your fellow person for awhile.

Nice friggin job at being a positive representative for friendliness in your guild. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

Alawen Everywhere
11-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I hope you won't feel insulted when I say I haven't thought about you for a single moment since I trolled you in that silly name nerfing thread three or four months ago.

Yiblaan
11-21-2010, 12:20 AM

Actually Next year, Oct 6 2011 that weekend its my 21st Bday.. I am going to Vegas for it, and 6-8 p99 people will be there for my Bday

So we should do it

Lazortag
11-21-2010, 12:41 AM
I hope you won't feel insulted when I say I haven't thought about you for a single moment since I trolled you in that silly name nerfing thread three or four months ago.

same to you princess - it's just when I was choosing a creepy obnoxious douche to make a jab at in my post, I figured you'd be the most likely to react. What has it been, like a month since you last posted? And you came out from hiding just to respond nonchalantly to some post about you (as if you aren't going to cry yourself to sleep over it)?

Actually Next year, Oct 6 2011 that weekend its my 21st Bday.. I am going to Vegas for it, and 6-8 p99 people will be there for my Bday

So we should do it

Yiblaan! How come you never told me about this? Am I not invited? I thought we were BFF's!?

Alawen Everywhere
11-21-2010, 01:36 AM
same to you princess - it's just when I was choosing a creepy obnoxious douche to make a jab at in my post, I figured you'd be the most likely to react. What has it been, like a month since you last posted? And you came out from hiding just to respond nonchalantly to some post about you (as if you aren't going to cry yourself to sleep over it)?

Well done! You almost got me to explain what I've been doing for the last month before I remembered how this works. Have a nice night.

Droxx
11-21-2010, 02:13 AM
deeeeeeeeeeerailed.

YendorLootmonkey
11-21-2010, 02:58 AM
You all wanted PVP... just set up a table with knives, forum-to-player name conversion tables, hard copies of excerpts from hard-hitting RnF threads to re-open previously healed wounds, and logs of who trained who in the last several boss mob encounters. There's your PVP.

Rahnza
11-21-2010, 08:50 AM

Rogean unban me bro

Secrets
11-21-2010, 10:01 AM

I will so be there if we have a mini-fan faire next year in vegas.

azeth
11-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd consider helping organize a Boston based fan faire.

Brund the Decrepit
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I'd consider helping organize a Boston based fan faire.

THIS!

audacity
11-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, I plan on going to Vegas when I get back. So keep me updated ;)