PDA

View Full Version : To everyone whining about the gm event, make sure to request a refund for your sub!

Hagglebaron
11-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Oh wait

Braknar
11-01-2015, 12:50 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/images/2618366.jpg

Renem
11-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I'd rather have not had an event at all than waste 4 hours running around just to have the turn in npcs depop right before I finished.

Oh I forgot we weren't allowed to criticize events and mods just because this an emu server. Silly me.

Safon
11-01-2015, 01:02 PM
I'd rather have not had an event at all than waste 4 hours running around just to have the turn in npcs depop right before I finished.

Oh I forgot we weren't allowed to criticize events and mods just because this an emu server. Silly me.

You realize the thousands upon thousands of unpaid hours that the staff have put in to give people classic everquest again right?

You can make your concerns known, sure, but to rage and whine about a few hours of wasted time?

Get real

Eldini
11-01-2015, 01:05 PM
ahaha people and their pixel problems. go outside you depressed fucks

Renem
11-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Tell me, what is the difference between "making concerns known" and "raging and whining about wasted time"? Seems extremely subjective to me. Why wouldn't Braknar regard every complaint about this event as "whining and complaining"?

Every time some smug douche spouts of "LAWL WELL ASK FOR REFUND ON YOUR SUB HURHURRHURRR", I can actually hear a migraine coming on. Players keep this server running. If there were no players, it would be a sandbox with about 8 enthusiasts sitting around EC tunnel. Players are allowed to have complaints about the server without idiots white knighting the server staff.

JackFlash
11-01-2015, 01:13 PM
thread delivers

Aviann
11-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey HB man, you need a tissue? Lil brown on your nose.

Safon
11-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Tell me, what is the difference between "making concerns known" and "raging and whining about wasted time"? Seems extremely subjective to me. Why wouldn't Braknar regard every complaint about this event as "whining and complaining"?

Every time some smug douche spouts of "LAWL WELL ASK FOR REFUND ON YOUR SUB HURHURRHURRR", I can actually hear a migraine coming on. Players keep this server running. If there were no players, it would be a sandbox with about 8 enthusiasts sitting around EC tunnel. Players are allowed to have complaints about the server without idiots white knighting the server staff.

Nilbog has said he would happily do this with or without players, and thankfully there are plenty of us around who realize the metric fuckton of work the devs have put in and are more than happy to deal with other negatives to have such a great server available.

Door is that way friend

Braknar
11-01-2015, 01:31 PM
So it's all about how USEFUL the complaint is.

Believe me, I'm reading them all. Now, if someone says "event sucked, worst ever" I more or less ignore that yes as there's no use in it.

When someone points out the obvious short comings in a respectful way (which MANY have done THANK YOU) then that is very beneficial for me.

If you look at some of my other posts, I have taken and heard a lot of the (welcome) critisim and will keep that in mind with future events.

This was literally my first event ever. I have never designed or coded an event before and I more or less designed and coded this all by myself. Nilbog and Rogean swooped in at the end to offer some awesome coding help.

This wasn't a team of programmers, this was me staring at a blank screen then thinking "shit, we need a halloween event".

Anywhos, if you have more constructive criticism please keep it coming, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Bromgard
11-01-2015, 02:54 PM
So it's all about how USEFUL the complaint is.

Believe me, I'm reading them all. Now, if someone says "event sucked, worst ever" I more or less ignore that yes as there's no use in it.

When someone points out the obvious short comings in a respectful way (which MANY have done THANK YOU) then that is very beneficial for me.

If you look at some of my other posts, I have taken and heard a lot of the (welcome) critisim and will keep that in mind with future events.

This was literally my first event ever. I have never designed or coded an event before and I more or less designed and coded this all by myself. Nilbog and Rogean swooped in at the end to offer some awesome coding help.

This wasn't a team of programmers, this was me staring at a blank screen then thinking "shit, we need a halloween event".

Anywhos, if you have more constructive criticism please keep it coming, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Pras to you for keeping a level head. God knows if I were you, I would have nuked the entire server.

Braknar
11-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Pras to you for keeping a level head. God knows if I were you, I would have nuked the entire server.

Hah, well I've been around long enough to know this community. I was prepared for the inevitable reactions.

Jfertal
11-01-2015, 04:12 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/images/2618366.jpg

you a wolf or a sheep homie.

doeda
11-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Braknar this event was awesome, the best part was picking up random strays in Gfay started as 2 people, then slowly ended up with a full group with a bard/druid. the best part was having lowbies tag along the whole way and watching the melee get punted across the map! but we slowly rounded them back up and set forth again felt like a giant LOTR run which was cool.

just the ending was kind of shady which most people can relate too, we kept going with the event knowing that the "reward" wasn't the greatest. Our druid was qutie upset though because she wanted Gnome Cookies!!

Braknar
11-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Our druid was qutie upset though because she wanted Gnome Cookies!!

Ya that was something that occured to me about half way through. I should have had the acolytes giving out candies or cookies.

Hitachi
11-01-2015, 05:31 PM
"You're spending real life money on shit we're just going to take away from you" - Sirken

Well, you're living life that's just going to end.

There has to be some nuance in the middle u immature power hungry lisper.

James_Joyce
11-01-2015, 09:03 PM
just don't bother advertising for an event that literally exists to waste players' time and troll them.

i'd complain if a 100% FREE CHARITY haunted house trapped me in a maze with no scares for 6 hours and then the staff knocked all the walls down and told me to get the fuck out and fuck my halloween, too