PDA

View Full Version : Autosplit: Yay or Nay?

Estu
11-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Simple question - do you prefer that everyone autosplit in an EXP group or no one autosplit? Ignoring the case where you have a monk. I'm usually all for autosplitting since it'll even up unfair loot patterns somewhat, even if the looter still gets most of the cash, and I thought that it was standard etiquette, until a groupmate today said he thought it was standard to have it off. Now I'm just confused.

audacity
11-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Autosplit is nice to have IMO as a caster. Since we spend a lot of time on our asses.

Quick side note, there is a Wood Elf Warrior, named Monte (Forgot the guild he was in) but we were doing SolB one day and after he looted FS weps, he would hand them out to the casters. Pretty classy move IMO.

oldhead
11-21-2010, 02:24 AM
no I dont... I hate it.

but without it you always get them greedy mofo ninja looters snatching up 5 out of 6 corpses.

Itchybottom
11-21-2010, 02:52 AM
When I actually do play (and it's rare!) and I actually group (EVEN MORE RARE) I mostly prefer to autosplit after the group breaks up, or as people leave. That way, you get that nice big number shock to get you amped up enough to go bank it instead of just passing out on your keyboard.

karsten
11-21-2010, 03:01 PM
oh man, someone get vonyor's attention, this thread is RIGHT up that faggot's alley!

Deezie
11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
I voted no because most of the time it looks like the autosplit is 0, 0, 0, 0. I prefer people just loot as they go and try to keep it fair.

Zigfreed
11-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Because EQ doesn't make change I always preferred master looting since I play casters and having me get up all the time screws my group. Of course this only works if your group is gonna be there for a while.. In terms of FS items and the like I like folks to be relatively evenish with em but that shits hard to remember.

Folks who loot everything all the time don't get grouped with pretty quickly.

I keep the auto on even though it's largely meaningless but it's the right gesture to make.

Darklake
11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
It doesn't bother me as I make my money independently. I group for XP rather than loot.

Quineloe
11-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Problem with autosplit is that it doesn't really split fair anyways. if a mob drops 3 plat, 5 gold and 6 copper, the looter in a full group gets 3 plat 5 gold and 1 copper, everyone else gets 1 copper.

Point of autosplit is what?

I just loot 5-6 corpses at once every half an hour or something, given enough pile up.

Fourthmeal
11-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Think outside the bun

Ploppy
11-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Noone wants all that extra change. Turn that off if you are over level 20

Estu
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Noone wants all that extra change. Turn that off if you are over level 20

There's no extra change, though, they changed it a while ago so it doesn't convert coins into lower denominations anymore.

eqravenprince
11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
As a Monk, I would prefer having split off. I destroy my coppers and silvers often to keep below the weight limit, I wish money didn't have weight.

Yak
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/toys/images/products/074985183X.gif

Occam's Butter Knife
11-22-2010, 04:32 PM
One master looter who does a /split at the end after selling the items is fairest.
Hard to do with people jumping in and out of the group so one guy cleaning the cash and splitting that every time someone leaves.