PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see Stamina?

astuce999
11-09-2015, 12:31 AM
I know at some point during kunark beta uthgaard had some sort of attempt at getting stamina to work, but it didn't work well enough and was scratched.

Is there any current work being done on this? It might be late for p99, but would be super awesome if it was done in time for green99.

Astuce

fastboy21
11-09-2015, 01:33 AM
I'm pretty sure its a limitation of the client...and so can't really be implemented.

Zaela
11-09-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm pretty sure its a limitation of the client...and so can't really be implemented.

The server can move the yellow bar whenever it wants and tie plenty of things to it if it wants to (not runspeed, though I don't think that was a thing).

The hard part would be getting all the values right. As far as I know the calculation for the numeric total of stamina "points" in the yellow bar is completely different than it was in classic, which would make it tricky to graft classic-style decreases and increases onto it (particularly as it depends on all your melee stats like STR, the effects of which I believe would have to be factored out)... not that the classic values are known, except on zing spells?

tl;dr it's probably just really complicated to get right.

Monty405
11-09-2015, 08:55 AM
At what point was stamina no longer a thing for melee classes?

Swish
11-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Still is a thing for rogues, though somewhere there's a debate about agility being better :)

Sadre Spinegnawer
11-09-2015, 12:47 PM
implementing stamina and race/item vision mechanics would easily be my top two priorities to figure out how to bring back.

zing!

Ele
11-09-2015, 02:45 PM
At what point was stamina no longer a thing for melee classes?

Do you mean the stat or when endurance was implemented?

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20031218.html

DECEMBER 18, 2003

Melee Enhancements:

We have been building an enhancement to the melee system, and the first part of it is now Live.

The yellow bar now represents endurance rather than stamina.

All Disciplines now require an expenditure of endurance to use. They still have a re-use timer, and they can't be used more often than the timer allows.

Disciplines have now been divided into a few different timers.

We have also added a few of the new melee skills to the game. These are the skills that do not use the new "opening" system, but can be used without an opening present. The "reactionary" skills and the opening system will remain on Test for further tuning.

Warriors have been given a mitigation boost. This affects all warriors at all levels.

Monks have been given the ability to dodge blows from attackers behind them. This affects all monks with the Dodge ability.

All existing disciplines can be purchased as tomes in either East Commons or the Plane of Knowledge. To learn a discipline, the Tome must be turned into your guildmaster.

Several new disciplines have been added for warriors, monks and rogues who are above level 60.

Xaanka
11-10-2015, 03:55 AM

nope /thread

astuce999
11-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Yes I really meant stamina, classic stamina, the one that made you ask clerics and bards to "zing" you.

And yes, in 2003 it was changed to endurance, but that's not what i'm looking for.

We already have swimming and jumping that are tied to it. So really wondering if there's any hope or any work done to get the weapon swinging component put into it.

cheers,

Astuce