PDA

View Full Version : Magi P Earth staff drop yet?

botrainer
11-09-2015, 02:40 AM
Magi P have yet to drop a earth staff? Our guild along with afew others havent seen this drop Im thinking maybe its broken anyone confirm its drop or lack of drop yet?

Tankdan
11-09-2015, 02:46 AM
dropped a fire staff when we killed him

bktroost
11-09-2015, 10:39 AM
confirmed fire staff drop, no earth. I'd say I've seen about 50% or more of the spawns since launch.

Man0warr
11-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Fire Staff was his more common drop in Hate 2.0 (or 1.5 depending how you term this version).

Daldaen
11-09-2015, 12:06 PM
I'm unsure he should drop the fire staff in our version.

Evidence suggests that Mistress of Scorn drops Fire staff in our version.

jadefoot
11-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Looks as though the staff should be dropping from 'a forsaken revenant' as well:

http://eq.magelo.com/item/11567/Staff-of-Elemental-Mastery-Earth

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=526

Erati
11-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Looks as though the staff should be dropping from 'a forsaken revenant' as well:

http://eq.magelo.com/item/11567/Staff-of-Elemental-Mastery-Earth

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=526

thats Hate 2.0 we are in 1.5

but Dald looks to have found a bug with our Magi here....he isnt suppose to drop Fire Staff at all and its 2.0 that they move that drop to him

hes suppose to only drop Earth Staff if hes got a staff #classicquest

Daldaen
11-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Only look at evidence between March 2001 and March 2003 for Hateplane.

The planar revamp is March 2001, and then in March 2003 they completely changed the zone.

In our version, there are only mentions of the earth staff from Magi P'tssa. The fire staff drops from Mistress of Scorn instead.

jadefoot
11-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Seems there was an increase in the drop rate but not for a while more:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020123.html (under Quests)

Daldaen
11-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Yea that's a Luclin patch.

Won't happen here until they decide Luclin is a great expansion ($$$).

Nuggie
11-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Not under nilbog's watch.

Oleris
11-09-2015, 09:56 PM
this is what I used for pulling the new floor. Think its correct.

http://eqdiary.tripod.com/quests/hate.htm

Man0warr
11-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Yeah it's correct - we could never find the key to go with the map though.

Dwadar2005
11-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Spawn time on magi is 3 days?

Man0warr
11-10-2015, 01:04 AM
60-84 hours, can spawn in any of the 10 mini spots, can be a PH.

Laphi
11-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Daldaen,

Have you submitted this in any bug forums or any evidence to go with it?

Ive been doing some research myself on this and Ive found the same thing.
Mistress should have the Fire elem staff, Magi should not have that one.

The Magi should only have the earth staff (as far as any mage elemental mastery staff goes) in this version of hate.

Daldaen
11-11-2015, 12:31 AM
Negative, be my guest to post the bug post with your evidence, if I have anything you didn't include Ill add to it.

Littlestgnome
11-12-2015, 04:04 AM
Seems to me if he was ever dropping the Fire staff during this period of time it would have been mentioned in the Alla/ZAM comments, yet every post within that 2001-2003 window says he only ever dropped Apothic gear and the Earth staff. One post goes as far as to say you'll know if he has the Earth staff because he'll be wielding it. Now, is it possible he also dropped the Fire staff as well? Anything's possible when you're trying to cobble together 15 year old information on a game that has been altered so frequently/severely that it's barely recognizable from one year to the next anymore. Still, it seems highly unlikely that NO ONE would mention the Fire staff dropping from him given how important the Earth staff was. Surely someone during that era would have been burned (pun intended) by a Fire staff drop off P'Tasa and gone full blast on Alla about it.

None of this speaks to the drop rate change which absolutely came in during the Luclin era and was addressed at length on the official forums. But again, the Alla/ZAM comments section is decidedly consistent on the matter during that 2001-2003 window being talked about here. Apothic gear (usually two pieces it seems) and an Earth staff (if he's wielding a staff at all). That's all anyone appears to have ever gotten off him back then.

Tankdan
11-12-2015, 04:17 AM
[Thu Nov 05 16:48:52 2015] --You have looted a Staff of Elemental Mastery: Fire.--

:rolleyes:

Ssouky
11-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Killed : no staff at all, just aphothic gloves and vambraces.

bktroost
11-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Killed him 6 times now and seen 2 fire staffs and 0 earth staffs. Can a Dev speak into this?

ronasch
11-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Yea that's a Luclin patch.

Won't happen here until they decide Luclin is a great expansion ($$$).

Luclin is nerd speak for "Ass to Mouth"

SNIPERS
11-13-2015, 11:22 AM
it drops..i remember on live, but it was stupid rare. hate 1.5 makes it *possible now for mages to complete epic, but it doesn't mean the drop rate is high. It was as rare as Inny, maybe in rarer iirc. i would say it's less than 5%. On my guild on Xev server, we didn't get our first one for like 3 months and we were up there all the time.

Daldaen
11-13-2015, 11:24 AM
it drops..i remember on live, but it was stupid rare. hate 1.5 makes it *possible now for mages to complete epic, but it doesn't mean the drop rate is high. It was as rare as Inny, maybe in rarer iirc. i would say it's less than 5%

lol no.

It, like all other Inny loot, was uncommon from the minis. Not rare.

30-20% drop rate should be expected from almost all of the minis based on evidence from the era.

In hate 2.0, it became more rare but it was also pushed onto the forsaken revenant trash mobs so it actually became more accessible.

SNIPERS
11-13-2015, 11:27 AM
lol no.

It, like all other Inny loot, was uncommon from the minis. Not rare.

30-20% drop rate should be expected from almost all of the minis based on evidence from the era.

In hate 2.0, it became more rare but it was also pushed onto the forsaken revenant trash mobs so it actually became more accessible.

i'm just going by experience on my server, no need to sound pretentious.

bktroost
11-13-2015, 11:30 AM
it drops..i remember on live, but it was stupid rare. hate 1.5 makes it *possible now for mages to complete epic, but it doesn't mean the drop rate is high. It was as rare as Inny, maybe in rarer iirc. i would say it's less than 5%. On my guild on Xev server, we didn't get our first one for like 3 months and we were up there all the time.

Inny is easy to kill in 1.0 and even if it was rare it was accessible and 'easy' to get because you knew where to look once every week. If they moved it to a mini that can essentially spawn anytime (with so many guilds up there it's like playing whack-a-mole these days) and made it 5% drop rate then that would make it less accessible.

This isn't proof of anything, just logic.

Erati
11-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Killed him 6 times now and seen 2 fire staffs and 0 earth staffs. Can a Dev speak into this?

thats brutal sorry Nemce, no one on server deserves mage epic more than you do

SNIPERS
11-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Inny is easy to kill in 1.0 and even if it was rare it was accessible and 'easy' to get because you knew where to look once every week. If they moved it to a mini that can essentially spawn anytime (with so many guilds up there it's like playing whack-a-mole these days) and made it 5% drop rate then that would make it less accessible.

inny isn't accessible because he spawns 1x a week. magi can spawn multiple times per week so by definition, doesn't that that make it more accessible?

Nibblewitz
11-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Bump!

Botrainer needs an epic.

Erati
11-13-2015, 12:07 PM
inny isn't accessible because he spawns 1x a week. magi can spawn multiple times per week so by definition, doesn't that that make it more accessible?

Inny was being killed by maybe 3-4 guilds - after this change up to 10+ guilds have access to Earth staffs and thusly the competition is more fierce than previously where you had to beat only a handful of guilds to 1 mob

Now you have to watch Hate daily and compete versus basically any raid capable guild

dafier
11-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Even though this was said in other posts, I will concur.

Magi P'Tasa drops the Earth staff for sure in this version. He does NOT drop the Fire staff (not supposed to), also his chance of drop IS FOR A FACT better than Inny's previous drop rate. This is beyond evident with a bit of research.

Plain and simple Mages rejoiced on live when Hate 2.0 came out. EVERY mage I knew on Povar, including myself were waiting on that damn Earth staff to complete our epics.

When Hate 2.0 was released, I got my staff within the first 3 days on live.

EDIT:

Not every Mage. I had a mage friend in Triton that had his epic.

Dwadar2005
11-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Bastard Magi only spawns at really horrible times so far lol. 3am kinda times when no force is able to be gathered ( for me atleast)

Littlestgnome
11-13-2015, 12:21 PM

By that standard no item in the entire game is rare because information on where each item drops and who or what drops it is readily available. Likewise, "Inny is easy to kill" is a fine point to make in a setting where competition is not an issue, but we know this to be meaningless on p99 where competition at the guild level eliminates the vast majority of the server from being in on the kill let alone the loot.

The greater point of course is the idea that the drop rate has been altered at all or that it's known what the drop rate ever was to begin with. I'm quite sure there are many who would argue that a 5% drop rate constitutes a heavy uptick from where it's been these past five years or so. We do after all have a fairly robust sample size to draw from. We also have the ability to do math.

bktroost
11-13-2015, 12:35 PM
but we know this to be meaningless on p99 where competition at the guild level eliminates the vast majority of the server from being in on the kill let alone the loot.

There are few guilds on this server that could not have competitively gone for Inny after so many years in kunark.

BDA, Taken, Divinity, Rampage, Forsaken, Anonymous, Azure Guard, Omni, Europa, and What-was-one-Haggard-Krew all have scored or had a really good shot at an Inny 1.0 kill in and outside of Earthquakes.

They most definitely make up the majority of the server. Heck, BDA's roster alone makes up the majority of the server.

Anyway, now you are including Super Friends, Kittens, Clue, and any one or two PUB group that sits in Hate for a few hours to the competitive circle for a mob that is essentially untrackable and most certainly snipeable by the biggest of guilds from entrance. (I've had it happen to me twice, both times while he had a staff in hand...both fire staffs).

Bottom line here though is that since Hate 1.5 no earth staffs have dropped on record and I've been watching this very close. Since revamp, NO mages have completed their epic since Inny doesn't drop the earth staff and the Magi Pasta isn't dropping it either. Not cool Devs, not cool.

Merekai
11-13-2015, 12:52 PM
There are few guilds on this server that could not have competitively gone for Inny after so many years in kunark.

BDA, Taken, Divinity, Rampage, Forsaken, Anonymous, Azure Guard, Omni, Europa, and What-was-one-Haggard-Krew all have scored or had a really good shot at an Inny 1.0 kill in and outside of Earthquakes.

They most definitely make up the majority of the server. Heck, BDA's roster alone makes up the majority of the server.

Anyway, now you are including Super Friends, Kittens, Clue, and any one or two PUB group that sits in Hate for a few hours to the competitive circle for a mob that is essentially untrackable and most certainly snipeable by the biggest of guilds from entrance. (I've had it happen to me twice, both times while he had a staff in hand...both fire staffs).

Bottom line here though is that since Hate 1.5 no earth staffs have dropped on record and I've been watching this very close. Since revamp, NO mages have completed their epic since Inny doesn't drop the earth staff and the Magi Pasta isn't dropping it either. Not cool Devs, not cool.

Hope this is fixed soon, we killed yesterday and surprise! No staff..

Chev

Littlestgnome
11-13-2015, 06:14 PM

In many ways we're on the same side here. I still think you're confusing ability to kill with actual kills. As a former member of Clue I can assure you at no point in time prior to Velious were we ever at a point where we had the means, the manpower and/or the mobility needed to attempt an Inny kill. And unless they've made some major strides in the last two+ months I'd extend this to being the case even now.

The issue is not what a particular guild is capable of doing if left to their own devices. It's what they're capable of doing in comparison to similarly motivated guilds they are in direct competition with. A rotation can help to spread the wealth a bit but it still boils down to only one Inny kill a week (roughly) and for the most part only one guild in on that kill. So again, theoretically speaking lots of Mages had an opportunity each and every week to get their staff from Inny. In reality, few mains ever had a direct opportunity of getting their staff each week.

What I absolutely do agree with you on is that a) the Earth staff has always been the single biggest road block for Mages to complete their epic, and b) Magi P'tasa should be relieving that road block to some degree yet he is not. Personally I believe the loot table itself is wrong. As I said previously, I never once saw or heard of any Mage seeing the Fire staff drop off P'tasa in those years. I believe available comments from that era confirm this not only in terms of stating what did drop from a given P'tasa kill, but also by the conspicuous lack of mentions regarding the Fire staff ever dropping. It makes me curious why they believe the current loot table and drop rate is correct and what information they're basing it off of specifically.

Arthros
11-13-2015, 08:02 PM
I thought I had heard Anonymous got an Earth Staff from Magi a week ago but based upon what I'm reading in this thread, that information is likely incorrect. It would be nice if someone could confirm that an Earth Staff has dropped off Magi (seems like Taken & Azure Guard have been farming him the most) then at least we know it's in his loot table and the drop rate would be the only remaining issue.

If it truly isn't in his loot table then I feel badly for the mages since who knows when this will be fixed and they can continue to pursue their epics. I wouldn't think it would take long to fix, hopefully Nilbog is reading this and/or the post made in the "Bugs" section regarding this issue.

Laphi
11-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Nilbog posted Magi can drop earth staff now and Fire staff moved to mistress loot table. This is all pending update.

botrainer
11-15-2015, 09:43 AM
This one item is the major hold up for all mages. Everything else should be decently easy to grab as plane of sky was farmed for years. This earth staff I feel has only gotten harder as any number of guilds with 2 grouped sized 50 plus in it can now kill this mob. Also they can be in zone and or on top of spawn points too.

bktroost
11-15-2015, 10:59 AM
This one item is the major hold up for all mages. Everything else should be decently easy to grab as plane of sky was farmed for years. This earth staff I feel has only gotten harder as any number of guilds with 2 grouped sized 50 plus in it can now kill this mob. Also they can be in zone and or on top of spawn points too.

This.

bktroost
11-15-2015, 11:04 AM
So again, theoretically speaking lots of Mages had an opportunity each and every week to get their staff from Inny. In reality, few mains ever had a direct opportunity of getting their staff each week.

Here's what you are not taking into consideration. In Kunark mages were useless outside of Call of Heroing players to poop mountain for Trakanon. They were often joked about as Call bots. There is 0 place for a mage in any 32k hp raid mob because it's a dps race and most of them aoe feared. Since devs took away player shared resists it was pointless. No one needed mod rods because mobs had too low life to worry about mana efficiency.

That being said, every single MAIN mage on the server made a secondary character they used for raids. Most of them made rogues or monks because its the same dps wheelhouse. There are still MAIN mages in high end raiding guilds who have killed Inny 10+ times and never gotten their earth staff.

Are there players with mage bots that never get played and have epics? Sure, some. But just because you are in a low-mid tier raid guild does not mean that those in high end raiding guilds arn't in the same situation. The mage epic is now both easier and harder to achieve.

mropey
11-15-2015, 01:38 PM
There are still MAIN mages in high end raiding guilds who have killed Inny 10+ times and never gotten their earth staff.

/raises hand (used to Main a Magician)

Not sure how many times I killed Inny while I was in TMO...countless? Never got a Earth Staff. Changed mains to Warrior a few years back.

MrHooker
11-15-2015, 02:06 PM
"I thought I had heard Anonymous got an Earth Staff from Magi a week ago but based upon what I'm reading in this thread, that information is likely incorrect. It would be nice if someone could confirm that an Earth Staff has dropped off Magi (seems like Taken & Azure Guard have been farming him the most) then at least we know it's in his loot table and the drop rate would be the only remaining issue."

I can with 100% certainty say earth staff did not drop for Anonymous last week. He dropped nothing. I was there waiting for it to drop.

Azyke 60 Arch Mage <Anonymous>

J. Jones
11-19-2015, 12:51 AM
I was fortunate enough to be one of those mages who obtained his epic within a month after epic release. Being one of the few for so long and envied by hundreds of mages sure did rustle my jimmy's. I knew the end would come and mages foaming at the mouth for a earth staff who waited for 2 years to finally get their share is coming soon. So I am glad I am squeezing the final few weeks left before the precious mage epic becomes a dime a dozen. Hate 1.5 got released way too fast btw.

JayDee
11-19-2015, 01:19 AM
Hate 1.5 got released way too fast btw.

I agree. Velious took half a decade and now they're rushing through content?

Man0warr
11-19-2015, 12:05 PM
It got released exactly on timeline.

dafier
11-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Magi should be fixed soon. When he is, you will see the earth staff drop more often, but don't count on him dropping a lot more. The chances are increased from the original Inny drop mostly by the Magi's ability to spawn more often.

SNIPERS
11-19-2015, 12:27 PM
It got released exactly on timeline.

did velious? lol