PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Tel Wants You! Server wide Parser testing

Telados
11-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi All,

I have a considerable bit of skill in stats/probability and thought it would be fun use it on something I care about.

I'd like to do some pretty careful testing on major game mechanic issues. I am open to testing several theories people want tested but although i can analyze i need data.

Hence this server-wide appeal: Send me your data.

There is more crowd-sourced data available here than i could hope to get myself in any reasonable amount of time.

Please send your data to captnpepsi@gmail.com.

Please follow the following guidelines:

1.) Your data must have been drawn to test a specific purpose. Only send me data where you tested one scenario versus its benchmark. I.e killing crushbone orcs at lvl 9 without an agi buff and killing crushbone orcs at lvl 9 with an agi buff.

2.) identify the purpose / test that your database aimed to track

3.) give me a credibility rating on your dataset. On a scale of 1-10 how well do you think your data isolated the effect you were investigating. This is important bc i need to rely on the integrity of submitted data. Do not send me data that you do not think is credible.

4.) let me know any data specific things i need to know to be able to use your data.

Things I thought would be interesting to look into but am open to others as well:

1.) Location of AC caps, if any
2.) Impact of AGI on damage taken
3.) impact of cha on either mez or charm duration
4.) Damage reduction due to AC

am sure there are more that the community would liek to see.

Post what you want seen - get me the data - and i will test it!

-Tel

PS - if anyone can share any previous testsdone that would be useful as well

Swish
11-10-2015, 12:30 PM
+1 for maths nerds, I hope you find what you're looking for.

captnamazing
11-10-2015, 02:08 PM
cool stuff. i won't help you because it sounds like a hassle. but good luck

iruinedyourday
11-10-2015, 03:03 PM
anyone every try to clear out those 'low randoms' that seem to follow a 96 or a 92 roll?

Never seemed to actually do me any favors but I tried hard once for like a week heh.