PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to All the Veterans

arsenalpow
11-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Home of the free, because of the brave. Thank you for your service guys.

Here's a partial list of Veterans from BDA!

Anichek - United States Army
Anthrax - United States Army
Bathory - United States Air Force
Belshazzar - United States Marine Corps
Docvan - United States Marine Corps
Meatdawg - United States Army
Mechlingburger - United States Air Force
Pullyn - United States Coast Guard
Shefler - United States Air Force
Yendor - United States Air Force

Nuggie
11-10-2015, 11:37 PM
Home of the free, because of the brave. Thank you for your service guys.

+1

Efwan
11-11-2015, 01:39 AM
+1

+2

Aviann
11-11-2015, 01:44 AM
+3

Thank you, guys! You know who you are!

surf3001x
11-11-2015, 01:49 AM
American by birth, veteran by choice.

I refuse to work or do shit on my holiday every year.

Thanks to those who all those who came before and after.

Zampini
11-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Thank you for your sacrifices!

Valse
11-11-2015, 01:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l3IUTQ2.jpg

/Salute !

captnamazing
11-11-2015, 02:03 AM
Man I love all those dudes!!! You guys rock! Pras veterans!!

Pokesan
11-11-2015, 02:23 AM
you forgot the following veterans:

Eiyloren
Icecaller
Kltrem
Mjrlind
Skeldek
Surlren
Yllhaydm

pras all veterans!

Ambrotos
11-11-2015, 02:37 AM
Thank you all for keeping ISIS from taking my internet games from me!

slappytwotoes
11-11-2015, 02:40 AM
you forgot the following veterans:

Eiyloren
Icecaller
Kltrem
Mjrlind
Skeldek
Surlren
Yllhaydm

pras all veterans!

LOL!

Speedi
11-11-2015, 03:02 AM
Thanks guys!

Ivory
11-11-2015, 03:58 AM
Heehee, people thanking vets :3 As if they defended you :3 Because america totally only acts in self defense hahaha.

Hay, if there are any members of the private mercenaries Blackwater we paid TONS of money to here....thanks for "defending our freedom" too!! lol

Also, thanks to anyone else who does violence for money. It's a dirty job! Not a job that needs to be done...but still, awesome. Mercenaries are awesome.

Lune
11-11-2015, 04:02 AM
^

There it is

Champion_Standing
11-11-2015, 04:22 AM
Heehee, people thanking vets :3 As if they defended you :3 Because america totally only acts in self defense hahaha.

Hay, if there are any members of the private mercenaries Blackwater we paid TONS of money to here....thanks for "defending our freedom" too!! lol

Also, thanks to anyone else who does violence for money. It's a dirty job! Not a job that needs to be done...but still, awesome. Mercenaries are awesome.

What do you do for a living?

Ivory
11-11-2015, 04:46 AM
What do you do for a living?

I don't do violence against others for $$$ if that is what you are asking. When did being a mercenary become admirable?

I can see stepping up and being part of a force that stops actual bad things in the world as a positive (so the people who fought in ww2? awesome, good work! greatest generation!). Or some police men (though increasingly, that is questionable in our society).

But signing up to do casual violence for economic reasons? Terrorizing other countries?? Being a pawn in a geopolitical game of chess to make some people extremely rich? Is that worth the paycheck?

I don't admire or respect that. After 9/11, signing up to the military and going to "kill sand people" (in an unrelated country!!! for over a decade!!) isn't something I look up to. That is savage mercenary and terrorist behaviour. The excuse "well, I really needed money" doesn't make it better.

But, ok, if you want to thank them "for their service"...why aren't you thanking the people who work for all the for-profit private militaries we hire? Why aren't you thanking blackwater (and their own laundry list of really horrible stuff) for "protecting your freedom" (or whatever mindless patriotic bullshit you are told to think).

I know this is a subject with a lot of emotion behind it (largely from how strongly people have been conditioned to get behind their own country unquestioningly). But come on, this has been going on a longggg time. Trillions spent. We literally engage in war crimes even....and you are sitting there thanking them for doing it in your name lol.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 05:05 AM
Oh, and if you think the people / country care about your service.... you are delusional. It is lip service. Our country doesn't care about you or what you do lol.

You go to war and come back with medical problems....have fun dealing with a notoriously horrible vet care system. No net for you , and the only ones really thanking you are some paid patriotism PR stuff to get more kids thinking it is cool - http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/05/454834662/pentagon-paid-sports-teams-millions-for-paid-patriotism-events

Come home with ptsd? Our country doesn't care. Enjoy being homeless (rates of homeless service members are astounding).

It is all a scam. There is no honor, our society doesn't value it, you go to fight for corrupt reasons for corrupt people (like the banana wars), and to everyone involved (especially those using you) you are a throw-away.

But yea, won't stop all the recruiting tactics to get more young naive kids to sign up. Commercials making it seem like the military and war is cool like a video game? Check! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKF4ZcqW14

Sign away your life, sign away your freedoms, to go be a mercenary for people who think your life is worthless....fighting for causes you have no concept of (except for the vague "to protect FREEDOM!!").

It is all insanity. It isn't noble...it is just exploitation....

War should be a LAST RESORT...the thing we do when there are NO other options. But our society? Hah, lives are cheap, throw some commercials up and get kids signed into it....who cares what happens to them, war expedites our geopolitical interests. And just keep repeating what they taught you in 1st grade, that it is to protect freedom and is a brave sacrifice and something that everyone will honor (when, our society clearly doesn't...you get chewed up, spit out, and then left to deal with it on your own....suicide rates of service members are also extremely high).

Tis sick....it is all sick....and threads like this "thanking them for their service" are just more of that talk that helps perpetuate it.

Tycoon
11-11-2015, 05:25 AM
We found a crackpot

Champion_Standing
11-11-2015, 05:42 AM
I don't do violence against others for $$$ if that is what you are asking. When did being a mercenary become admirable?

I can see stepping up and being part of a force that stops actual bad things in the world as a positive (so the people who fought in ww2? awesome, good work! greatest generation!). Or some police men (though increasingly, that is questionable in our society).

But signing up to do casual violence for economic reasons? Terrorizing other countries?? Being a pawn in a geopolitical game of chess to make some people extremely rich? Is that worth the paycheck?

I don't admire or respect that. After 9/11, signing up to the military and going to "kill sand people" (in an unrelated country!!! for over a decade!!) isn't something I look up to. That is savage mercenary and terrorist behaviour. The excuse "well, I really needed money" doesn't make it better.

But, ok, if you want to thank them "for their service"...why aren't you thanking the people who work for all the for-profit private militaries we hire? Why aren't you thanking blackwater (and their own laundry list of really horrible stuff) for "protecting your freedom" (or whatever mindless patriotic bullshit you are told to think).

I know this is a subject with a lot of emotion behind it (largely from how strongly people have been conditioned to get behind their own country unquestioningly). But come on, this has been going on a longggg time. Trillions spent. We literally engage in war crimes even....and you are sitting there thanking them for doing it in your name lol.

Holy shit not reading any of that, i guess pizza delivery isn't rly that bad tho

Ivory
11-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Yup, status quo is pretty cool too.

Thanks for the service killing sand people for over a decade :D I enjoyed it. Makes awesome news entertainment.

Troxx
11-11-2015, 05:59 AM
We found a crackpot

Whirled
11-11-2015, 06:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BmRRhFW.jpg

uhm, there's a bunch of gents down @ the VFW that'd very much like to meet u

haytruck
11-11-2015, 06:09 AM
you're welcome Ivory. I served even for people like you.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Only Americans could go to war with a random country for over 14 years....kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people....engage in torture and various other war crimes....admit the war was a sham and based on lies....have it lead to mass destabilization of an area and rise of extremist group like ISIS....and then shrug saying those with a problem with our military are crazy haha.

Gotta love America.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BmRRhFW.jpg

uhm, there's a bunch of gents down @ the VFW that'd very much like to meet u

Yup, and this speaks volumes about the type of people who willingly go into this type of job.

Swish
11-11-2015, 06:20 AM
pras to all the veterans who are scared of pixelated pvp combat. i'm sure your filing skills were well treasured in your service time.

Whirled
11-11-2015, 06:28 AM
Yup, and this speaks volumes about the type of people who willingly go into this type of job.

The one that acts in valor. Not belittles, argues & pontificates over pedantic things.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:30 AM
The one that acts in valor. Not belittles, argues & pontificates over pedantic things.

Really? Threatening people online is an "act of valor".

Welp, now I know why you guys think bombing civilians is "bringing them freedom".

Serious semantics problems happening.

Whirled
11-11-2015, 06:35 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/6c/6c2000787379114bd79221198262d2763e7adcec25ef7d255e 6309c470f968d3.jpg

Really? Threatening people online is an "act of valor".

Welp, now I know why you guys think bombing civilians is "bringing them freedom".

Serious semantics problems happening.

LOL, freedom dude. go outside or read a book, please!

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Also, I enjoy how you think a 14+ year long war that cost trillions of dollars and killing hundreds of thousands of people (while our countries social services and homelessness and even care for military were cut)....is a "pedantic thing". And you feel that being a part of that is an "act of valor" lol.

Military propaganda is powerful stuff! haha, they really make you guys believe you are heroes lol....no matter what you do, or what you are supporting.

Has there EVER been a military in history where the soldiers involved didn't feel they were heroes though? Haha. No matter how horrible the things they were doing, they all felt they were "fighting for their country".

It is so sad :*(

But, like I said, no no, it is awesome. I'm just crazy. It is a good thing the US military! It has made really entertaining TV. Those ISIS beheadings? Pure gold! Good work helping to create them! When they go around blowing up historic sites, I always get a good laugh. Totally worth it.

Troxx
11-11-2015, 06:41 AM
You can't have an intelligent conversation (let alone a rational one) with a narcissistic pseudointellectual like Ivory.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:43 AM
LOL, freedom dude. go outside or read a book, please!

Reading books is why I feel the way I do actually haha. There is a reason families above middle class don't send their kids to the military. Usually educated parents are against having their kids used as pawns, subject to having their lives thrown away at a whim.

Seriously, the place a soldier has in history isn't exactly flattering. Outside of a few examples where they were actually fighting for important causes.

Heck, ignore everything I think about military.

Just look at the US government and how they treat soldiers coming home.

Troxx
11-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Thread rated 1 star ... thanks entirely to Ivory's trolling.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:45 AM
You can't have an intelligent conversation (let alone a rational one) with a narcissistic pseudointellectual like Ivory.

Yup, pointing out "a 14+ year long war that cost trillions of dollars and killing hundreds of thousands of people (while our countries social services and homelessness and even care for military were cut)" is totally pseudointellegence.

Seriously, you guys have been making awesome counter points!

I liked the "say that to our faces so we can hurt you" argument.

And the "nuh uh! you are a poopy head!!" argument.

I also enjoyed the "IT'S FOR FREEDOM!!!" argument.

This "intellectual debate" has really put me in my place.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Thread rated 1 star ... thanks entirely to Ivory's trolling.

Nah, it is terrorism. Everything that a person doesn't agree with is terrorism trolling. Obviously.

Bruno
11-11-2015, 06:46 AM

There's always one unpatriotic pseudointellectual board warrrior that thinks anyone gives a shit about his board spam. These guys do nothing but complain. I would be interested in seeing how proactive he's been with his life to make a difference in the world instead of just protesting.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:50 AM
There's always one unpatriotic pseudointellectual board warrrior that thinks anyone gives a shit about his board spam..

Oh, I didn't realize we were still in the post 9-11 blind "patriotic" groupthink.

Sorry sorry, I thought we were far enough in history to actually examine the last 15 years.

I guess we are still in denial about how it was about freedom and it is "patriotic" to support a corrupt war and the exploitation / murder of our kids and kids in other countries.

USA number 1! We need to "enhance interrogate" the crap out of them for FREEEDOOOOMMM.

Bruno
11-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Oh, I didn't realize we were still in the post 9-11 blind "patriotic" groupthink.

Sorry sorry, I thought we were far enough in history to actually examine the last 15 years.

I guess we are still in denial about how it was about freedom and it is "patriotic" to support a corrupt war and the exploitation / murder of our kids and kids in other countries.

USA number 1! We need to "enhance interrogate" the crap out of them for FREEEDOOOOMMM.

You missed half of my quote, calling you out on what you actually do for this world instead of just bitch and complain.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 06:57 AM
You missed half of my quote, calling you out on what you actually do for this world instead of just bitch and complain.

Yup, that is how it works. When you call out someone for murdering someone else....the murderer gets to turn around and go "well, what have you done for this world?!".

"Uh...I haven't murdered someone....".

When you engage in some really bad stuff, I don't need to engage in really good stuff to be able to criticize it. I just need to have not engaged in that bad stuff (and even then, heck, if you have engaged in bad stuff...you can still call out others doing bad stuff).

What has happened in the last 14+ years is fairly "bad stuff". You know, like our actual freedoms at home being stripped away under the guise of "protection". Or the war crimes? Or the trillions thrown out to enrich our former vice president? Or ....well...there is a long list of bad stuff that has happened in the last 14+ years.

It is unpatriotic to defend this shit. It means you care nothing for America and its people. You just care about your own ego and the pockets of those who have used you.

Troxx
11-11-2015, 07:00 AM
Ivory is cranky and rustled.

Ivory
11-11-2015, 07:05 AM

Another astounding counter point to my arguments.

So far, no one has questioned any of the stuff I'm saying (since, well, at this point it is documented history).

Everyone seems to just be upset that I would dare question what has happened (even though our society generally agrees what happened wasn't good).

Like I said, it is the epitome of being unpatriotic to stand and defend abuses against the american people and others in the world under the american banner. Even if you engaged in those abuses yourself, the PATRIOTIC thing to do is to accept mistakes or responsibility....not try to hide from it and blame anyone for calling out the crimes of the last 14+ years.

You want to sit there and try to defend what america has done over the last 14+ years? Then you get to take your place as those fighting to tear america down. Those who defend stuff like the mass surveillance programs and the corruption and all the other abuses that have happened under your watch and with your help.

Troxx
11-11-2015, 07:08 AM
We could make bingo boards with all of Ivory's catch phrases and parroted talking points.

The center square would have to say "14+ years".

Ivory
11-11-2015, 07:09 AM

See? That is what really strikes me as odd. You find the things I'm criticizing as just "ohhh someone is cranky". You have no anger about it yourself.

Mass murder against a country under false pretenses under the american banner...and you have no emotion about it (well, other than to defend those things against criticism, that you can muster a little bit of offense to...sadly, that is the wrong side to be on).

This stuff should have everyone EXTREMELY ANGRY. That our president LIED to take us to war with a country that had done nothing....that KILLED american troops.....killed hundreds of thousands of civilians....that drained huge amounts of money from the american people.....

You can't seem to get it up at all for that. And those who are angry about it are just "cranky and rustled".

Lol the american people....are amazing. You are more worried about your ego and circle jerking fake patriotism than you are about actual crimes...actual abuses...actual corruption ...and actual stripping of our rights. lol

Ivory
11-11-2015, 07:10 AM
We could make bingo boards with all of Ivory's catch phrases and parroted talking points.

The center square would have to say "14+ years".

You seem to be confusing "catch phrases" and "parroted talking points" with historic fact.............

This is like an episode of the twilight zone lol. Stating a historic fact isn't a "talking point".

Troxx
11-11-2015, 07:12 AM
I CAPSLOCK WHEN I R ANGRY!

Ivory
11-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Oh but by all means, sorry to rain on everyone parade. Go back to the "patriotic circle jerk" of CELEBRATING the military and those who served in it through all of this lol.

Truly, what they helped accomplished is worthy of great celebration lol.

Troxx
11-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Do you realize that you've basically posted the same exact thing a dozen or more times?

Broken record much?

But please, do continue. At this point it's just entertaining.

Bruno
Oh but by all means, sorry to rain on everyone parade. Go back to the "patriotic circle jerk" of CELEBRATING the military and those who served in it through all of this lol.

I would love to get back to it, but I'm afraid you're a liar and won't allow us to without having to see 10 more pages of your spam. For the sake of the community and not having to read another one of your whiney posts, we'll just wait until you're truly finished and promise not to post again.

Whirled
See? That is what really strikes me as odd. You find the things I'm criticizing as just "ohhh someone is cranky". You have no anger about it yourself.

Mass murder against a country under false pretenses under the american banner...and you have no emotion about it (well, other than to defend those things against criticism, that you can muster a little bit of offense to...sadly, that is the wrong side to be on).

This stuff should have everyone EXTREMELY ANGRY. That our president LIED to take us to war with a country that had done nothing....that KILLED american troops.....killed hundreds of thousands of civilians....that drained huge amounts of money from the american people.....

You can't seem to get it up at all for that. And those who are angry about it are just "cranky and rustled".

Lol the american people....are amazing. You are more worried about your ego and circle jerking fake patriotism than you are about actual crimes...actual abuses...actual corruption ...and actual stripping of our rights. lol

What will you do with this anger? How will it serve you? Wouldn't your interests be better invested in seeking more of your dreams to come true & fulfill your passions to making the world a better place, as you so have demonstrated here?

I apologize for questioning your questions, but perhaps it is not the right question that is being asked. I further await your question about my question that was questioned about these questions.

am0n
11-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Thanks to all the Vets, past, present and future. Your service is appreciated.

mropey
11-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Happy Veteran's Day - /wave from Pentagon basement. I have to work today =(.

maskedmelon
11-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Many thanks to all who have served and kudos to Chest for starting this thread ^^

maskedmelon
11-11-2015, 10:57 AM

Was trying to avoid feeding the trolls, but this is fucking disgusting. Veterans Day is not a celebration of the military, it is an appreciation of the sacrifices of the individuals who have served. If you disagree with American foreign policy that's fine, but attacking and belittling the sacrifices of those who have served whether by choice or not is fucking shameful. Have some dignity ffs.

Seltius
11-11-2015, 11:15 AM

You are pretty young aren't you? The Iraq war and the wars since 2001 aren't the only conflicts the US military has been involved in. You have spent 6 pages talking about how bad that war was. Soldiers from the last 14 yrs aren't the only soldiers today is in honor of. War isn't meant to be glorious or sensationalized our media tries to do that sometimes. The soldiers don't do it for a paycheck you are obviously extremely misinformed. Some soldiers actually probably most of them make less than someone working at Target. They do it because they are hoping to keep family and friends safe or out of love for a country that has people like you. I am sure a few do it for the chance of violence or a chance to use equipment they couldn't use at home but you have to hope the tests and training they have to go through to get to that point will weed those out.

We can only hope your posts here and behavior are out of ignorance. Because if you really believe what you posted here it is a very sad sad thing.

Was trying to avoid feeding the trolls, but this is fucking disgusting. Veterans Day is not a celebration of the military, it is an appreciation of the sacrifices of the individuals who have served. If you disagree with American foreign policy that's fine, but attacking and belittling the sacrifices of those who have served whether by choice or not is fucking shameful. Have some dignity ffs.

I agree with you 100% but sometimes you just cant help but feed the trolls.

Now that that's done with.

Thank you all that served in the military and have fought and sacrificed life or limb to protect me, my family, my friends, and my freedoms that I have come to expect and feel I'm entitled to. As someone from a military family I respect and honor your commitment and those sacrifices you made and make everyday.

In closing I would like to point out that in every generation there is conflict of some sort and there are always those like Ivory who think the soldiers are to blame for it. My parents coming back from war and conflict were spit on by people like Ivory. Its sad to see or hear about. But they chose to ignore it or at least got over it instead of pushing people like Ivory's face in. So in honor of them and that I will chose to ignore anything further Ivory says instead of engaging him in the kind of conflict he is looking for.

ronasch
11-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Only Americans could go to war with a random country for over 14 years....kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people....engage in torture and various other war crimes....admit the war was a sham and based on lies....have it lead to mass destabilization of an area and rise of extremist group like ISIS....and then shrug saying those with a problem with our military are crazy haha.

Gotta love America.

Without America you wouldn't be able to voice your disgusting, ignorant view. Our soldiers don't make policy, they carry out orders and God Bless them all.

For you to act like such an infantile fool on a day like today shows you are low class and are a disgrace to your family and anyone who knows you.

Peatree
11-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Amen. Thanks to all that served. Today is a day to remember what they did and went through - NOT what it was all about.

To understand simply read this letter that was sent from my grandfather who served as a Marine during WWII and survived Iwo Jima.

ronasch
11-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Ivory what's your in game characters name so I know to put u on ignore. You pathetic twat

Peatree
11-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Here's pics of him for proof btw too. He is on the left and top left.

Guttzs
11-11-2015, 11:31 AM

So again, what do you do for a living?

Pringles
11-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Happy Veterans day! Thank you for your service.

Ignore the trolls.

Peatree
11-11-2015, 11:34 AM
My guess, Ivory either works as a "sandwich artist" at Subway or the cosmetics counter @ Sears.

Greengrocer 2.0
11-11-2015, 11:37 AM
You talk as if sandwich artist is a bad thing

cmd594
11-11-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm a veteran and grateful not only for our great country, but great citizens like you. You are what makes our sacrifices worth it.

And to the troll, your military is an extension of the will of the American people, as was mentioned before. The bravery of our military is in their moral fortitude to write a blank check to the American people, redeemable at any time during their service, for any amount up to and including their life, for a cause or policy for which they may not personally agree. Money is not their motivation. As for your disagreements with our nation's foreign policy, it is set by our elected officials. You are represented as well as you deserve, voter.

Phat_Paul
11-11-2015, 11:58 AM
If you wanna thank someone, thank my wife. Being there when I got back from deployment. Thank my daughters for understanding that daddy has to work long days and be gone for months at a time. Thank the family behind the Soldier, Marine, Airman and Sailor.

Thurgrim
11-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Here's pics of him for proof btw too. He is on the left and top left.

Thanks for sharing Peatree.
Your grandfathers letter and photo are fantastic.

ridiculousmoose
11-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Thanks for sharing Peatree.
Your grandfathers letter and photo are fantastic.

+1

Thanks for posting it!

Lifebar
11-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Thank you for your time, your blood, your sweat, and far too often-your sacrifices.

Axlrose
11-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks to all those that have served...

...and thank you for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice. :(

Wargasm
11-11-2015, 01:01 PM

I joined the Marine Corps so I could go to college when I got out and not have 100k in student loan debt. You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. But please don't bash the choices I and my fellow service members made. I don't appreciate being called a mercenary OR a terrorist, as I am neither.

drktmplr12
11-11-2015, 01:06 PM
what commies aren't voting 5/5?

Kyff
11-11-2015, 01:07 PM
It's funny how all the criticism and facts posted by ivory are drowned by sheep blaring their thank yous.

Currently there are probably as many people alive who have reason to hate the american military as those who should be thankful. The forums don't seem to reflect this properly.

And even though they picked the right side in two the major conflicts of the last century the American military remains the only armed force to ever drop atomic bombs killing hundreds of thousands of civilians to spare "more valuable" American lives.

Just accept that not everything the US armed forces do is praiseworthy.

Swish
11-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Think how high unemployment would be if the US Military was disbanded.

(sidenote: the regular British Army {not including reservists} is down to about 80k from 105k ten years ago...sad to see it happening)

Pokesan
11-11-2015, 01:20 PM
It's funny how all the criticism and facts posted by ivory are drowned by sheep blaring their thank yous.

Currently there are probably as many people alive who have reason to hate the american military as those who should be thankful. The forums don't seem to reflect this properly.

And even though they picked the right side in two the major conflicts of the last century the American military remains the only armed force to ever drop atomic bombs killing hundreds of thousands of civilians to spare "more valuable" American lives.

Pick a different day for your crusade. Nothing will be solved on elf message boards either way, shitting on them for the holiday is bad optics for your side.

There's being right and there's being nice. Be nice today!

Ivory
11-11-2015, 01:36 PM
I joined the Marine Corps so I could go to college when I got out and not have 100k in student loan debt. You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. But please don't bash the choices I and my fellow service members made. I don't appreciate being called a mercenary OR a terrorist, as I am neither.

So you joined a fighting organization for financial reasons....and you don't consider yourself a mercenary? Cool story, I enjoyed it.

mer·ce·nar·y

adjective-derogatory
(of a person or their behavior) primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

2. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.

Whirled
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM

for a glimpse of what was (well in Hollywood):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l1PQUe2yY-M/UlYw9HPppMI/AAAAAAAAED4/IowBw10MscI/s1600/ThePatriot-%27Hawk-09-400-sg.gif

Aeaolena
11-11-2015, 02:38 PM
you're welcome Ivory. I served even for people like you.

Thank you Veterans for your service.

86753o9
11-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Nobody volunteers for a combat arms MOS for the pay. If they do they're an idiot considering all the other military positions that are available to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTABdSlue9Y

Swish
11-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Nobody volunteers for a combat arms MOS for the pay. If they do they're an idiot considering all the other military positions that are available to them.

Some people play CoD and want that experience, plus telling the grandkids about the great filing system you invented isnt much of a story to tell

Pik
11-11-2015, 03:10 PM
I support the Troops only. I wish "School Guard" was the highest position someone could hope to obtain after the military, one that only lets in decorated vets (who also train ROTC/Natl Guard to be guarding schools in the hopes of one day being like the venerated School Guard).

Like a crossing guard, but with an assault rifle, the training and discipline, and track record to deserve the honor of directly guarding our nation's youth and showing what dedication and service mean.

Or go fight in the desert again ... shrug. dont listen to me.

Raev
11-11-2015, 03:11 PM
+1 for veterans

-1000 for politicians who misuse them

86753o9
11-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Considering that the military pays less than minimum wage and the entrance requirements for employment at Macdonalds are damn sight less stringent, yeah, I'd say anybody dumb enough to join the military for a source of income likely wouldn't score well enough on the aptitude tests anyway.

By the way you guys know this forum has an ignore feature?

Lune
11-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Considering that the military pays less than minimum wage and the entrance requirements for employment at Macdonalds are damn sight less stringent, yeah, I'd say anybody dumb enough to join the military for a source of income likely wouldn't score well enough on the aptitude tests anyway.

By the way you guys know this forum has an ignore feature?

This link should let you ignore Ivory. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=115411)

Click their name, view public profile, click the arrow by User Lists, add to ignore.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2015, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CRYisiD.png

B4EQWASCOOL
11-11-2015, 03:56 PM
+1 for veterans

-1000 for politicians who misuse them

maestrom
11-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Yut.

Kyff
11-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Pick a different day for your crusade. Nothing will be solved on elf message boards either way, shitting on them for the holiday is bad optics for your side.

There's being right and there's being nice. Be nice today!

That's part of what I meant. In Norrath there is no veterans day today. Nor is it in 99% of the countries in the world. Before coming here I had no idea that there was such a day. Veterans aren't better than a lot of other professions. I'm just wondering if for example Singhalese housewifes get the same respect as American soldiers.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2015, 05:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGKqv3xJDBw&feature=youtu.be

Fraps of some soldiers raiding and of course just like during your raids, some nub is hot miking.

B4EQWASCOOL
11-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Yikes: IRL version. I don't miss that. Glad I'm watching that on video and not living it any more. Fuck politicians. Fuck war. <3 people. Fat.