PDA

View Full Version : New to server- Rolling SK

Brawk
11-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Naked melee is not easy but I'm enjoying the challenge. I achieved level 7 over the weekend and attempted to tank Orc1 and have some questions.

I have several cloth pieces still and was taking a lot of damage from the higher orcs. For example, here is how the incoming damage looked.

Hit for 30
Hit for 30
Hit for 2
Hit for 30
Hit for 6

I assume 30 was max damage and it was happening a lot.

When a hit is taken does it calculate the ac from the armor piece that was hit?

For example, my breastplate has 17 ac and my cloth wristband only 1 ac. If hit on BP I received 5 damage and on wrist it would be max 30 damage?

I'm curious if the cloth pieces I have is THAT detrimental to my tanking success.

Thanks,

Brawt - 7 sk

Crone
11-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Does not determine incoming damage based on location. It takes into account your total AC, and figures it that way.

Estu
11-23-2010, 01:23 PM
What Crone said. I recommend getting a suit of banded or bronze once you get some plat saved up - they both sell for about 1pp/ac. Banded weighs less but has less AC. Should be easy to find either thing in EC given enough time. If you wanna make some plat fast, kill decaying skeletons in North Ro and sell stacks of bone chips 5-10pp each, kill bears and sell high quality bear pelts 10pp each, or kill spiderlings and sell their silks. That will bump up your AC a great deal.

Brawk
11-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I was doing exactly that. The hq skins have been lucrative.

The banded and bronze doesn't fit ogre I don't think.

hablabba
11-23-2010, 02:41 PM
My best advice is to get a mod rod from a 44+ mage (8/26 1hb magic weapon but no rent) and use it to farm a TON of willowisps in WC and turn in the greater lighstones to the gypsy in NRO for the concordance of research which sells for 10pp. You can even corpse the rod every time you log so you dont have to hunt one down every time you log in (get someone to kill you in a duel - no exp loss, free corpse, leave rod on corpse when you log)

Get full banded or full bronze, a decent weap (bone bladed claymore, silvery 2h axe, PGT, or some such) and you're good to go for the early levels

Crone
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I believe I have some large bronze / fine steel armor that I have in my bank that I can give to ya to help ya out if you like.

Bronze armor does fit Ogres, you just have to find the "large" stuff. :)

Brawk
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I would be interested in the bronze you have banked. I would prefer to pay for it though. ;)

I've been hunting primarily in ec and have made a lot of plat from hq bear skins, bone chips. I saved 200 plat and offered it to someone who was advertising a dark reaver. To my surprise he said 'sure'.
I only went for it because I saw it was sk only and had a neat proc effect. I think it should last me a long time.

I have since banked about 20 plat and will try to have more for the bronze purchase.

Thanks!

Dantes
11-23-2010, 03:54 PM
There's so much bronze on this server, lots of folks are just giving it away. Although some sell it for 1pp/AC. You could snag a full set for 80-100pp. As an Ogre you can wear large bronze or large banded. I'd suggest skipping banded and go strait to the bronze, you should have enough STR to wear it. And it's basically the same price.

hablabba
11-23-2010, 04:44 PM
I would be interested in the bronze you have banked. I would prefer to pay for it though. ;)

I've been hunting primarily in ec and have made a lot of plat from hq bear skins, bone chips. I saved 200 plat and offered it to someone who was advertising a dark reaver. To my surprise he said 'sure'.
I only went for it because I saw it was sk only and had a neat proc effect. I think it should last me a long time.

I have since banked about 20 plat and will try to have more for the bronze purchase.

Thanks!

Grats dude, you got a great deal. Those go for double what you paid at least. Now go farm those wisps and outfit yourself in some armor.

Crone
11-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Ya, I'm not worried about really getting money for it. It's just taking up room. How about I sell it to you for 5p, and then someday pass on the favor to another newbie! :)

Badmartigan
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Tip: If you want free large bronze armor go hang out @ Ogre's camp in WK and you might be able to get the high level farming the ogres to give you some bronze armor for keeping him company ? hehe

When im there i always give it away free..

And the stuff drops all day here too.

Brawk
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks all. Lots of great info!

Crone, I will take you up on that deal!