PDA

View Full Version : Whirl till you hurl -- usefulness question

Occam's Butter Knife
11-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I remember the rage over the nerfing of the ENC spell "Whirl till you hurl". I decided to try it out while in a bandit group this weekend and was pretty happy with the results. At higher levels stun locking with the color spells will be more efficient but so far "Whirl till you hurl" holds its own.

In my not-spreadsheet-worthy testing I got the full 12 second duration on every cast and was never resisted by blue, white or yellow cons. I did tash each time though. The recast timed out before the spell ended 100% of the time. I got better damage mitigation than using lvl 12 slows (30%) on the mob.

So is the spell better than I remember or is the spell out of line with classic WTYH?

guineapig
11-23-2010, 04:30 PM
I think that the fix originally implemented might have been broken at some point but not sure as I haven't cast that spell in eons.

Are you using a pet? Because melee is supposed to increase the chance of it breaking, kind of like a root spell.

Lickum
11-23-2010, 04:37 PM
delete this shit, OP is on drugs.

Occam's Butter Knife
11-23-2010, 04:57 PM
delete this shit, OP is on drugs.

Crap they told me it was aspirin! Thank you for your insightful commentary, I'll call the authorities immediately.

Are you using a pet? Because melee is supposed to increase the chance of it breaking, kind of like a root spell.

That might be it. I looked up the Caster Realms description in the Library after I posted The comments on the spell match yours. Seems the with every hit the mob gets a save, so Tash, low saves for mob (level 14) plus slower melee attack at this level means longer times. I'll look at my logs and see what the actual times were when I have the time.

Nedala
11-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I always have the same duration on whirl, at lvl 50. And its by far more efficient as color-stunlock. You can easily stunlock mobs like King in lguk or tactican, a whole fight. One of our best spells imo.