PDA

View Full Version : How long does IP exemption take?

mister2034
11-23-2010, 07:23 PM
I put in the request about a week ago and no email no reply no nothing? I would imagine it's a simple thing to do. How long should I be expecting this wait to be? My roomate and I want to lvl together.

Ponden
11-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Use the search function that the forums provide.

Benebric
11-23-2010, 07:30 PM
From what I can gather, they do them in batches once they get enough or after x amount of time. I'm expecting it to happen at the beginning/end of the month or something.

Glaani
11-23-2010, 07:32 PM
It can take anywhere from 1 day to a few weeks.

A friendly word of advice -- please just be patient. Do not spam the forums with this question, and do not provoke the wrath of the IP_Exemptions_Gods with PMs. Doing so will not help your IP Exemption happen any faster.

Good luck and hope to see you both in game soon. :)

Nakara
11-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey guys how long until I can start 2 boxing like everyone else?

xshayla701
11-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey guys how long until I can start 2 boxing like everyone else?

I'm sorry but I hate when people say this... Not everyone with an exemption boxes..

Curmudgen
11-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes yes all these "wives" and "girlfriends" and "roommates" are for real!

toadi
11-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Depends if you just wait, a couple weeks...
If you post on the forums asking it gets complicated but here is the formula i've gathered, search for ip exemptions, take the number of results and multiply that by 7 days(a week) and that's around when you can expect an exemption.

Hope this helps

Nakara
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry but I hate when people say this... Not everyone with an exemption boxes..

For sure, just most people.

Spewys
11-24-2010, 01:00 AM
My Girlfriend geek put one in at her apt for me and it took about 1.5 weeks..Dude is right though it is done in batches. I put one in for my apt when she comes over also.

That 2 box comment was funny as hell though dude. Some of us do get laid.Dork

Spewys
11-24-2010, 01:01 AM
I can barely manage one box. Really 2 boxers need to get a life.

Daldaen
11-24-2010, 01:50 AM
My Girlfriend geek put one in at her apt for me and it took about 1.5 weeks..Dude is right though it is done in batches. I put one in for my apt when she comes over also.

That 2 box comment was funny as hell though dude. Some of us do get laid.Dork

http://www.funhunter.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/abstinence-programs-world-of-warcraft.jpg

But, as a rule of thumb. . . Its a pretty solid assumption!

Randy
11-24-2010, 03:58 AM
I can barely manage one box. Really 2 boxers need to get a life.

You'd get use to it. Boxing isn't tough (or hard to be efficient) until you get to 5+ without MQ2. Group play is more entertaining though. Plus if people want to box I don't get why they don't just play on The Grand Creation, that's a fun server too.

mister2034
11-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey thanks for the info guys. It's much appreciated.

Neolakis
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
A friendly word of advice -- please just be patient. Do not spam the forums with this question, and do not provoke the wrath of the IP_Exemptions_Gods with PMs. Doing so will not help your IP Exemption happen any faster.

Oh no, I take it using aim isn't a good idea either then. Doh. Hopefully, the guy will forgive me :(

Anywho, people who are waiting currently, let me know when your exemption goes through. Although with that hardware failure issue, they might be busy fighting that fire for awhile :(. I blame Cisco!

RocketMoose
12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I've been waiting 2 weeks, no response to either of my petitions yet. one for IP exemption other is for a lost emu password. No need to spam these guys, they're working hard to give us FREE EQ. They'll get to us when they can.

Abraxos
12-08-2010, 12:01 PM
So I'm not the most computer literate person but isn't an IP address unique for each computer? If me and my wife want to play together do we still need a petition even with two seperate computers?

Randy
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
So I'm not the most computer literate person but isn't an IP address unique for each computer? If me and my wife want to play together do we still need a petition even with two seperate computers?

You'll most likely need to petition. Most houses only have 1 IP address and you have router that splits it to the two computers.

Abraxos
12-08-2010, 05:36 PM
You'll most likely need to petition. Most houses only have 1 IP address and you have router that splits it to the two computers.

I went ahead and petitioned last week. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can both get in and level some before Kunark.

warrioman
12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
kunark won't launch for a while it's still in phase 1 beta. I give it 3-4 months, may be even this summer.