PDA

View Full Version : ToV Dragons

Relbaic
11-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Can't post in the raid discussion but NToV mobs probably shouldn't be pulled on top of the zone in, the only place that is supposed to be 100% safe.

Ridiculous

indiscriminate_hater
11-23-2015, 02:30 PM
1st

Monty405
11-23-2015, 02:31 PM
I am a TOV DRAGON.

Pokesan
11-23-2015, 02:52 PM
1st

indiscriminate hater easily wins FTE on a bad thread

Gaunja
11-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Lawyerquest commence!

Relbaic
11-23-2015, 03:00 PM
About what I expected for replies. Disappointing but unfortunately not unexpected.

Daldaen
11-23-2015, 03:02 PM
It's a raid zone, it's not supposed to be safe. Enter at your own risk.

WToV exit and Entrance are the only 2 safe camps in the zone where you can kill a mob without clearing trash. Unsurprisingly, guilds pull to those two locations.

If we get a classic fix to remove the pathing flurry drakes in north hallways, that will open up two more locations for guilds to set up that would be far less disruptive, though also far less favorable (longest pull = longest time to log in neckbeards and form groups).

Feel free to bump it: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205328&

Just imagine the zone is like PoFear and PoHate. Don't zone in or AFK unless you're ready to take on some mobs.

Pokesan
11-23-2015, 03:03 PM
About what I expected for replies. Disappointing but unfortunately not unexpected.

you posted a rants thread in server chat. you got what you deserved.

t3kn34k
11-23-2015, 03:17 PM
RnF is that way >>

Relbaic
11-23-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm aware of where RnF, the hopes of this was to get some discussion about where pulling mobs is and isn't acceptable. While I don't necessarily agree with it Daldaen, since you can't actually go afk in those zones without mobs eventually aggroing you without assistance, if that's the way it is then fine.

isiah
11-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Remember that time when the guild that doesn't kill anything in TOV commented on how things should work.

Can we get the Rockies and Padres to comment on how the World Series can be played?

arsenalpow
11-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Remember that time when the guild that doesn't kill anything in TOV commented on how things should work.

Can we get the Rockies and Padres to comment on how the World Series can play?

Hey remember when your shaman trained us at Telk yesterday but since I couldn't prove it with academy award winning fraps you got off free and clear? Good times.

I'm fine with pulling to the entrance as long as it's going to be ruled the same across the board and no one is going to screech about it.

Tankdan
11-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Like 1 dragon has been killed at entrance in the last 200 ToV dragons, lets overreact.

dafier
11-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Even though there are previous posts about pulling raid mobs to entrance, I don't believe there was ever a "halt" notice.

As far as I know guilds are still doing it, but normally it's not an issue.

arsenalpow
11-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Like 1 dragon has been killed at entrance in the last 200 ToV dragons, lets overreact.

I don't think it's an overreaction, just a point of clarification. I don't think anyone has been pulling dragons to the entrance on the regular (as you're pointing out) but it could interfere with a guild trying to zone in.

Daldaen
11-23-2015, 03:50 PM
I bet helping Chest/BDA is extremely high on Unbrella's to do list...

Erati
11-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Hey remember when your shaman trained us at Telk yesterday but since I couldn't prove it with academy award winning fraps you got off free and clear? Good times.

I'm fine with pulling to the entrance as long as it's going to be ruled the same across the board and no one is going to screech about it.

out source some camera men - use former BDA on red to log in blue tagged toons with frap going

Erati
11-23-2015, 03:51 PM
I bet helping Chest/BDA is extremely high on Unbrella's to do list...

hah - he needs something to do while waiting for PVP on red tho

and I edited too fast

arsenalpow
11-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Even if you're recording you aren't guaranteed to get the angle you need, although Taken seemed pretty confident that the Rampage shaman dundidit.

Erati
11-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Even if you're recording you aren't guaranteed to get the angle you need, although Taken seemed pretty confident that the Rampage shaman dundidit.

several members shouted out that players names with vigor and we figured someone was going to concede

this after I also got word of our own train before logging in that was also murky hehe

ToV fraps lawyers are a thing someone could make alot of plat if they got good

Daldaen
11-23-2015, 03:59 PM

Red Wurm comes in, assist, confirm shaman target before rounding corner, shaman target is first victim of Wurm, Wurm wipes raid.

You can check your logs, I'm pretty sure I spam hailed before shaman even gets hit. That being said, my fraps weren't on; so on P99, no train fell in the woods that day because no Sirken was available to view it.

Man0warr
11-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Yeah being bound at WTOV exit makes it really easy to train a guild without much proof surfacing.

TMO so immersed
11-23-2015, 04:04 PM

Can we get the Rockies and Padres to comment on how the World Series can be played?

Remember that time, you missed a batphone? yeah me either

Fanguru
11-23-2015, 04:12 PM
So Rampage can post RNF stuff as long as it is in server chat? :)

Relbaic
11-23-2015, 04:18 PM

More looking for consistency. We got bitched at when we pulled Eashen and Ikatiar to west, a place with KoS mobs to everyone but when mobs get pulled to a place that is safe to sit afk at, we're suddenly the bad guys for bringing it up. If it's "pull to wherever you feel like" then so be it.

arsenalpow
11-23-2015, 04:23 PM
several members shouted out that players names with vigor and we figured someone was going to concede

this after I also got word of our own train before logging in that was also murky hehe

ToV fraps lawyers are a thing someone could make alot of plat if they got good

cameramen would make crazy bank. Someone could run it like TMZ with a bunch of freelance paparazzi selling the good shit for piles of plat. Yo man, I got that video of Forsaken dropping a bunch of adds on you, 50k for the rights to it.

Erati
11-23-2015, 04:42 PM
cameramen would make crazy bank. Someone could run it like TMZ with a bunch of freelance paparazzi selling the good shit for piles of plat. Yo man, I got that video of Forsaken dropping a bunch of adds on you, 50k for the rights to it.

sadly - 50K for video like that wouldnt be that outrageous

come on P99 server - ToV has no key, come make this place healthier! ToVmz.com

Juevento
11-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Seems like a natural extension of Dial A Port to me.

Along those lines, if they were really industrious, they could also power level a bunch of lvl 60 rogues and become a mercenary guild and sell dps services for plat. In order to maximize RP you can call them The Second Sons. It would be fun to see if people would try to outbid each other during fights to get the sell swords to switch sides and walk away from mobs that were being killed. It's a good opportunity for deeper levels of immersion.

Naxi
11-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Things people enjoy doing in p99;

Raiding
Tunnelquesting
Fashionquesting
Grouping
Questing
Farming
Tradeskilling
Etc.

I on the other hand, enjoy being a Cameraman for my guild. Look how I captured the guard train on those poor unsuspecting noobs.

http://i68.tinypic.com/33mlvfc.png

If anything, the OP should be happy to zone in and see dragons up close and personal. Its like going to Planet Hollywood and seeing Sylvester Stallone there even though you had no expectations of seeing him! That would be amazing! I am sure many of his fans would also die to see him too!

t3kn34k
11-23-2015, 07:03 PM
I am sure many of his fans would also die to see him too!

This is why you're the best

Kagey
11-23-2015, 07:20 PM
If peoples toons were killed and rez's did not happen, with a happy go f**k yourself then I can see people being a bit upset..

This is just a death of a tracker who was rezed within 5mins.

Plus toon was a ranger... get used to deaths.

Juevento
11-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Et tu Brute??

Sadre Spinegnawer
11-23-2015, 08:05 PM
The map on the wiki has the zone in room listed as, quote, "100% safe"

However, when I saw that map, I said to myself, is this a p99 thing? People often started clearing by pulling drakes to that room on live.

Maybe that map is from a later patch, where mobs could not enter that room?

In any event, I do not remember zone in being safe, and raids had to be careful zoning in. You didn't want to zone in early and get caught in the ae's from another guild's raid pulls.

Man0warr
11-23-2015, 08:21 PM
No that map is incorrect. They added roaming drakes later to get rid of safe spots - which shouldn't be on this server but are.

Zombiehasslehoff
11-24-2015, 04:38 PM
I also remember dying in ToV and being upset about it.