PDA

View Full Version : Large Warp Detection

McSkippy
01-20-2010, 01:19 AM
I didn't see anything else in the forums (I didn't dig too deep honestly) and people in game have had suggestions to fix it, but I can't get it to work.

I'm having an issue with the lag, I was told I needed to set my affinity, but can't. When I go to task manager I can't set affinity to begin with, and cntrl-alt-dlt messed up EQ. What can I do?

Brut
01-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Are you admin on your comp? Need that to set the affinity. Also, alt enter should fix your EQ if it gets messed up... If it doesn't, try to do ctrl alt del before you start EQ, and then just quickly choose eqgame from the task manager soon as you start EQ and set the affinity before the game window shows up (that's how I do it at least =p).

McSkippy
01-20-2010, 01:40 AM
I am the Admin, yes. I can set affinity for everything but EQ while I'm in game, or even getting ready to get into the game. I've tried the alt+enter trick, and that didn't work as well.

Jify
01-20-2010, 01:57 AM
My modem routinely drops my connection, sometimes when I'm running across zones with bard speed. When I regain my connection, "Large Warp Detected".

Obviously some sort of "catch the hacker" thingy. But it doesn't work too well with us suffering from shitting connections and improperly set up EQ/computers. :(