PDA

View Full Version : EQOA Revival

Dimmestsalmon
12-03-2015, 09:43 AM
I don't know if this applies to anyone else but I actually got my start in the Everquest world playing EQOA on the ps2. I used to go to my buddies house and play on his ps2 because my parents wouldn't pay the monthly fee for me to play lol. I met a guy on blue server who used to play as well and I thought everyone was already tracking but seeing as how he was not I was wrong so here goes. There is a Facebook group called EQOA revival putting in some good work trying to revive EQOA so if you remember the game and wish you could play again there is still hope go check it out.

Swish
12-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Never played it but I remember Kelethin was extremely not classic :p

Hopefully if theres something in the works it'll be as well done and nostalgic as p99.

khanable
12-03-2015, 10:10 AM
EQOA was great.

Was in Neversleep on castle lightwolf. Still the best guild name ever.

kined
12-03-2015, 11:17 AM
i never got to play EQOA, but i did play champions of norrath on Co-op mode with my brother and its one of my most memorable gaming experiences from when i was young. i keep looking for it but have yet to find a copy that worked. i bought one copy from gamestop, and it was 20$ compared to all the other games which were 2-3$ in the bin. got it home and it didnt work despite there being hardly a scratch. bought another copy online and that one came scratched to hell and froze up every time. cant even get it to play on any emulators either. its really frustrating but i think that game has become lost to time for me :(

Xadion
12-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Do I get bro-points if I post a picture of my EQOA beta CD's that I had to prove to Sony that I had a ps2 modem for?

Daelun
12-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Just posting to be the envy of Kined....
I've got a working copy of Champions of Norrath and Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms (the second was as good as the first!) :)

Dimmestsalmon
12-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Lol kelethin did not exist yet in EQOA it was set 500 years before Classic eq it had tethelin instead........I may have spelt that wrong lol

Arclyte
12-03-2015, 02:13 PM
only good thing about EQOA was the commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CHG_To7Ag

Swish
12-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Lol kelethin did not exist yet in EQOA it was set 500 years before Classic eq it had tethelin instead........I may have spelt that wrong lol

The screenshots of the tree city looked awful.

Telethin? Nice to see the creative department putting in a good day's work.