PDA

View Full Version : Chardok PL and PnP

Malbolshia
12-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Hey all,

So, not sure if this has been addressed in the past, but Chardok AE PL sessions basically taking the whole zone of mobs; If I want to XP there with my group or solo, does this mean that I cant cause of some PL service for this zone?

I have no plans to pay such a retarded amount of money to simply sit there and let people make my xp for me. But I would like to at least xp in Chardok, maybe try my hand at charm soloing there.

How would this be possible with the whole zone being monopolized by a select few to make money hand over fist?

And with all that being said, do I have a case with the GM's for PnP policy breaking for monopolizing the whole zone? If I zone in, see them ae PLing people, per the PnP, can I ask them to stop taking all the zones mobs due to the rules?

Thanks.

Llandris
12-06-2015, 04:06 PM
If a group wants to exp in chardok and the AoEs don't respect it, petition in game and a csr member will respond.

And to answer your question, yes it is a violation of the PnP. Players who don't follow the PnP are subject to disciplinary action

Malbolshia
12-06-2015, 04:07 PM
If a group wants to exp in chardok and the AoEs don't respect it, petition in game and a csr member will respond.

Thank you, I plan to do just that!

Man0warr
12-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Pick a spot and they will pull around it, or try to at least.

Chardok is a pretty bad zone until revamp though, tons of better options.

Swish
12-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Not true... http://youtu.be/b6eaztnu5c4

Fun XP spot right there, if only you were allowed to go in there without some entitled neckbeards getting mad that they're losing 6k plat each per hour or so.

Add Chardok to your leveling itinerary today <3

blondeattk
12-07-2015, 01:48 AM
Hey all,

So, not sure if this has been addressed in the past, but Chardok AE PL sessions basically taking the whole zone of mobs; If I want to XP there with my group or solo, does this mean that I cant cause of some PL service for this zone?

I have no plans to pay such a retarded amount of money to simply sit there and let people make my xp for me. But I would like to at least xp in Chardok, maybe try my hand at charm soloing there.

How would this be possible with the whole zone being monopolized by a select few to make money hand over fist?

And with all that being said, do I have a case with the GM's for PnP policy breaking for monopolizing the whole zone? If I zone in, see them ae PLing people, per the PnP, can I ask them to stop taking all the zones mobs due to the rules?

Thanks.

YOU sir are an utter twat!

Plenty of people benefit from this setup in chardok, and i dont mean financially. The aoe thing is a good service for the server, get your head out of your ugly self absorbed ass!!

Madbad
12-07-2015, 02:14 AM
twat is an underused curse word in the US, we need to use it more

Pokesan
12-07-2015, 02:36 AM

Plenty of people benefit from this setup in chardok, and i dont mean financially. The aoe thing is a good service for the server, get your head out of your ugly self absorbed ass!!

Need chardok to afford rent?

Culkasi
12-07-2015, 03:55 AM

Of course its not a good thing for the server, how can you even suggest that? The biggest problem P99 has is that there are WAY to many max level characters, Chardok AE just creates more and more of them.

kined
12-07-2015, 08:41 AM
People keep saying that too many high levels is a problem on this server..... I think that's a completely fabricated problem. It doesn't matter what percent of players are high level. It's not a problem, you just want less people to be as high as you are so that you can get easier camps. If you don't like how many high levels there are just make a new character and suddenly it won't be an issue anymore.

Zyzzerzazz
12-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Zone Disruptions
Disrupting the gameplay for others in a zone is not allowed. This can include, but is not limited to:

* Monopolizing/Engaging/Occupying most or all of the mobs in a non-raid area. This can be with or without intent to kill.
* Deliberately using physics to block players' access through doorways or narrow areas.
* Refusal to cooperate/arbitrate with other players, particularly after the direction of a CSR.
* Abuse of public channels (Spamming, Language/Harrassment). This rule applies to OOC, Shout, Auction, Say, Emote, Spellcasting, or any action that displays a public message.
* Intentional lagging of any method (Exessive unnecessary actions, creation of numerous corpses, spamming spells and spell effects, etc).
* Causing deaths / experience loss for other players (Blocking players, intentional training, etc).

Swish
12-07-2015, 10:30 AM
People keep saying that too many high levels is a problem on this server..... I think that's a completely fabricated problem. It doesn't matter what percent of players are high level. It's not a problem, you just want less people to be as high as you are so that you can get easier camps. If you don't like how many high levels there are just make a new character and suddenly it won't be an issue anymore.

but what about MY dragon pixels??

Swish
12-07-2015, 10:31 AM
<Chardok County Police> needs to be made...with grouping options available. Liaise with a CCP representative today. Damn that's tempting.

Could they be paid off?

blondeattk
12-07-2015, 10:40 AM
I dont see any problem with chardok as it works atmo, until the revamp.

then the aoe thing will be curtailed for a while. revamped chardok is worth raiding (i dont mean the royals) for small/medium guilds.

Ive had 2 pulls in chardok, one free. DOnt have the right toons to get in on the action there.(earn dosh)

Gorillas
12-07-2015, 10:54 AM
AoE'ing an entire zone is definitely classic

Man0warr
12-07-2015, 11:18 AM
I don't think it will even work after revamp. Too many named that spawn throughout the current pull path that will be camped.

Right now the best items are random drops (outside of Royals), so there's not much point trying to camp them.

Pan
12-07-2015, 12:21 PM
You can exp in chardok with an AoE going on pretty easily.

The slave pits are a great place for a single group. Plenty to pull across the way and even the Betrayer is open to you there. Just pull the pather when it repops - as well as many static spawns as you can. Take them out of AoE synch and you'll have plenty enough to charm or exp. on.

It's been my experience, too, that the AoE-ers (the pullers, specifically) respect a group in Slaves. I've had no issue getting pipes or exp with the AoE going on.

(After an AoE pull, go thru the fort and the doors, and drop off the left side of the bridge. You'll land in the slaves room. From there, there are 2-3 mobs in a small tunnel that connects to a larger tunnel from which they pull. The betrayer paths in that larger tunnel, back and forth past the entrance of the smaller one (your tunnel)).

Necabo
12-07-2015, 12:27 PM
I've served as the DPS roles for Chardok AE, and when there have been other groups in Chardok, we've found ways to work around them, so everyone can play.

nhdjoseywales
12-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Of course its not a good thing for the server, how can you even suggest that? The biggest problem P99 has is that there are WAY to many max level characters, Chardok AE just creates more and more of them.

you dont think the fact the server has been at a fixed max level for 6 years has anything to do with that? Even without chardok ae the server is not healthy due to top end stagnation for years. ae is just giving people options to play other toons since their main has BiS or as close as they are ever going to come.

Speedi
12-07-2015, 12:39 PM

Might wanna add it creates more and more bad players as well. You can't know all there is to know about your class being PL'd. Especially casters. Leveling your toon normally, after a while it's like muscle memory. You don't even think, you just react. You won't get that from Chardok AE for sure.

Man0warr
12-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Might wanna add it creates more and more bad players as well. You can't know all there is to know about your class being PL'd. Especially casters. Leveling your toon normally, after a while it's like muscle memory. You don't even think, you just react. You won't get that from Chardok AE for sure.

Most of the people leveling through Chardok are alts of level 60s with tons of plat who know how to play the game.

Sure there are a few exceptions, namely friends of people with large amounts of plat, but I don't consider anyone who seriously plays P99 as a casual player who has no experience with EQ classes.

whitebandit
12-07-2015, 01:22 PM

Amen Speedi! RIP skilled players..

Jabaniz
12-07-2015, 01:38 PM
twat is an underused curse word in the US, we need to use it more

Twat are you talking about?

RedXIII
12-07-2015, 01:44 PM
God bless Chardok. God bless AE'ing. God bless Nilbog for knowing its classic.

You all should be happy that people dont AE Sebilis. In Morell-thule that was a thing, far better drops/gems then chardok.

Daldaen
12-07-2015, 02:44 PM

Depends.

If you RMTed and paid for it sure. But to get the plat to afford the proxies you generally have to have some understanding for the game's mechanics.

There are an obscene number of monks who couldn't split without sneak and wizards who never quested concussion on this server though. That does make me a bit sad.

I can't blame Chardok AE entirely for this. 5 year Kunark and broken/unclassic mechanics persist for so long, people are bound to be bad after standing on those crutches so long.

Decad
12-07-2015, 08:36 PM
wizards who never quested concussion on this server though. That does make me a bit sad.

At least concussion is a quested spell, you have not seen worse. I have so far met 3 wizards who tells me Wizards cannot port to south ro and among them, the level 59 wiz, called me a noob when I insisted wizards can.

When I asked him how fast can a wiz level he said with chardok it is easy and fast. I wonder how many more such players who are 60 that do not know even their class yet think they are good players exist on this server.

You can easily write up a list on every class which lacks the basics they should know. And this people are level 60

jarshale
12-07-2015, 09:39 PM
How dare you try to interrupt Chardok AE. These elite people have paid a lot of money to not play the game.

revolt
12-07-2015, 11:18 PM
I've done a lot of chardok AE and every single time a group has come in to xp, the group and AE puller have worked it out where both parties are happy.

Non issue.

Swish
12-08-2015, 12:05 AM
I've done a lot of chardok AE and every single time a group has come in to xp, the group and AE puller have worked it out where both parties are happy.

Non issue.

What are they allowed to do? Exit mobs? The mobs on the ledge near the zone out?

Or is it more of a "be aware when we're pulling, its your risk if mobs path back and wipe you" ?

Juevento
12-08-2015, 12:16 AM
How dare you try to interrupt Chardok AE. These elite people have paid a lot of money to not play the game.

That and you are messing with people's rent checks...

Swish
12-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Are AE groups still charging for monk pipes? Always hated that.

Trajor
12-08-2015, 01:07 AM
You can exp in chardok with an AoE going on pretty easily.

The slave pits are a great place for a single group. Plenty to pull across the way and even the Betrayer is open to you there. Just pull the pather when it repops - as well as many static spawns as you can. Take them out of AoE synch and you'll have plenty enough to charm or exp. on.

It's been my experience, too, that the AoE-ers (the pullers, specifically) respect a group in Slaves. I've had no issue getting pipes or exp with the AoE going on.

(After an AoE pull, go thru the fort and the doors, and drop off the left side of the bridge. You'll land in the slaves room. From there, there are 2-3 mobs in a small tunnel that connects to a larger tunnel from which they pull. The betrayer paths in that larger tunnel, back and forth past the entrance of the smaller one (your tunnel)).

This is how my wife (monk) got her Chardok pipe. The only issue we had was the AoE group continued to pull the tunnel, but since we had them out of the AoE synch we got the betrayer when it spawned. The only hiccup is when we had a mob in the slave pit and it warped up on top of the bridge and proceeded to summon both me and the AoE puller (dead). Caused them 5 minutes of lost time and caused us an hour CR.

Swish
12-08-2015, 07:51 AM
If they were giving it to you that's really sad :(

If they were selling it to you for 5k or something, that's really funny :)

ManuelThePopStar
12-09-2015, 05:12 PM
The only people defending Chardok AOEing are

1) The people making piles of plat doing it
2) The raiding guilds who use(d) that method to PL two dozen rogue and cleric accounts in the months before Velious released.

Chardok AEing artificially inflated the servers endgame population 100 fold; there's no denying that. I know people with 13 level 60 toons, only one of which they "legitimately" levelled. People with SEVERAL lvl 60s of the same class, paid for by their raiding guild, so they can have a rogue or monk parked in every possible raid zone at all times.

It's complete fucking nonsense

nyclin
12-09-2015, 05:21 PM
the only people railing against chardok aoe are

1) not able to afford it
2) too stuck up to see the value in it

it's classic mechanics and the people who supposedly have "SEVERAL level 60s of the same class, paid for by their raiding guild" would likely have these alts anyway, obtained through other means

still not sure why there aren't any sebilis AOE groups on this server, step it up pls

Juevento
12-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Alternatively, the only people who are for Chardok aoe are RMters.

nyclin
12-09-2015, 05:36 PM
there's plenty of people who don't give a shit either way, they just aren't posting in the thread

Malbolshia
12-09-2015, 06:38 PM

1) not able to afford it

it's classic mechanics and the people who supposedly have "SEVERAL level 60s of the same class, paid for by their raiding guild" would likely have these alts anyway, obtained through other means

still not sure why there aren't any sebilis AOE groups on this server, step it up pls

Why would I waste thousands of plat to sit, and not experience the game?

Why would anyone want to login to play...to only not play?

its not being stuck up, its understanding that playing a video game is more fun when you actually play it.

You say its classic; Ok. I see it as borderline exploiting. No different than boxing or RMT. Chardok was not meant to be ae swarmed anyway.

Its not my intention to ruin whatever people on this server want to pay for, I just don't want my experience ruined by a bunch of RMT jerks blatantly breaking the PnP policy on this server. I SHOULD be able to xp in Chardok without paying thousands to do it or come to some sort of accord with exploiters.

And, according to the GM who posted after my OP, I don't have to.

thufir
12-09-2015, 07:00 PM

1) not able to afford it

Callin BS here. 2) in particular rankles; it is the explicit PoV of the high end raiding scene, and only them. Thanks for dismissing the rest of us, big fella. But 1) is a crock too. I'd say most people who start on p99 aren't starting just so they can make enough cash to powerlevel other toons. They're playing to play, because the game is enjoyable to them in a way it no longer is to those who express this viewpoint.

Whatever, as long as GMs/guides will support the PnP and side with people XPing in Chardok instead of proxy pulls that's fine with me. Hopefully, the revamp will make the whole proxy thing either greatly more difficult or impossible. (Just make one out of every ten mobs immune to stun. Problem solved. Not classic, I know.)

nyclin
12-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Why would I waste thousands of plat to sit, and not experience the game?

because that's how some people want to spend their plat? if you've got the plat and want to level up an alt quickly, why not save some effort? for 2k per pull you can go do chores, spend time with your familiy, talk to friends, etc. while progressing your character.

You say its classic; Ok. I see it as borderline exploiting. No different than boxing or RMT.

https://i.imgur.com/m5T4JYKh.jpg

I SHOULD be able to xp in Chardok without paying thousands to do it or come to some sort of accord with exploiters. And, according to the GM who posted after my OP, I don't have to.

yes you should, and you can

nyclin
12-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Callin BS here. 2) in particular rankles; it is the explicit PoV of the high end raiding scene, and only them. Thanks for dismissing the rest of us, big fella. But 1) is a crock too. I'd say most people who start on p99 aren't starting just so they can make enough cash to powerlevel other toons. They're playing to play, because the game is enjoyable to them in a way it no longer is to those who express this viewpoint.

Whatever, as long as GMs/guides will support the PnP and side with people XPing in Chardok instead of proxy pulls that's fine with me. Hopefully, the revamp will make the whole proxy thing either greatly more difficult or impossible. (Just make one out of every ten mobs immune to stun. Problem solved. Not classic, I know.)

i'm not a high end raider and my main was only in a guild for about 2 months

i doubt that most people start here with the intention of making cash to powerlevel alts, but i'd wager that it becomes a goal for at least some of them

my admittedly acerbic post was meant to illustrate the point that people will play in a way that they find enjoyable. if someone wants to farm cash to pay for chardok proxies, who are you to say that they are less of a player or worse of a player than someone who doesn't?

Malbolshia
12-09-2015, 07:21 PM
because that's how some people want to spend their plat?

I solo charmed levels from 33 to about 48 in Nurga/Droga.

Usually about 1-4 pp per mob, goblin forged chain that sells for about 15pp-35pp per piece. I probably spent about a month in a half grinding plat and levels there.

You know how much plat I made minus spells? About 800pp.

My point is, unless all these people 'spending their plat' farmed non stop fungi tunics or CoF's, they still wouldn't have enough plat to go from low 40's to level 60 at 2k per pull.....

Unless they RMT'd

Great way for the GM's to find people RMTing. Investigate those buying PL's in Chardok.

Here, let me quote this part for you, as it seems you left it out of yours.

Its not my intention to ruin whatever people on this server want to pay for, I just don't want my experience ruined by a bunch of RMT jerks blatantly breaking the PnP policy on this server

nyclin
12-09-2015, 07:44 PM
there are lots of ways to make money without RMT

also i'd wager most people who are buying chardok pulls are buying them for alts or friends, not first mains

Juevento
12-09-2015, 07:47 PM
there are lots of ways to make money without RMT

also i'd wager most people who are buying chardok pulls are buying them for alts or friends, not first mains

I feel like you are incredibly naive about RMT on this server. If you don't really think people are grinding out rent checks via Chardok aoe, you are smoking something. It's crazy town to think this is still permitted here.

Spyder73
12-09-2015, 07:58 PM
I absolutely want to vomit anytime I agree with Juevento, but unfortunately he is 100% correct. Chardok single handedly ruined the server in my opinion, if there is ever a Green 99 - please remove Chardok, its not classic no matter what Calias wants to believe.

I challenge ANYONE to go there for an afternoon and witness the madness that is Chardok AoE and tell me its classic. Its a warp from 50-60 in 1-2 days, its bull sh!t

indiscriminate_hater
12-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I solo charmed levels from 33 to about 48 in Nurga/Droga.

Usually about 1-4 pp per mob, goblin forged chain that sells for about 15pp-35pp per piece. I probably spent about a month in a half grinding plat and levels there.

You know how much plat I made minus spells? About 800pp.

My point is, unless all these people 'spending their plat' farmed non stop fungi tunics or CoF's, they still wouldn't have enough plat to go from low 40's to level 60 at 2k per pull.....

Unless they RMT'd

Great way for the GM's to find people RMTing. Investigate those buying PL's in Chardok.

Here, let me quote this part for you, as it seems you left it out of yours.

that's hard to believe you only made 800pp, even accounting for spell purchases. i think i made on the order of 3k from centaurs in SK from levels 22-30. although i suppose this was with a 40% exp penalty in a no-zem-boost outdoor zone.

indiscriminate_hater
12-09-2015, 08:14 PM
I feel like you are incredibly naive about RMT on this server. If you don't really think people are grinding out rent checks via Chardok aoe, you are smoking something. It's crazy town to think this is still permitted here.

i think you're the naive one here. with the going pp rate of proxy pulls, a quick google search would show that selling a single chardok proxy pull yields about 4 bucks worth of pp, which makes a hypothetical rate of $8/hr. and this is assuming no wipes or other slowdowns.

nyclin
12-09-2015, 08:14 PM

i don't doubt that there are people using the money they make from chardok AOE to RMT, or people using RMT'd plat to pay for proxies

however, framing it exclusively as the realm of players who RMT is overgeneralizing

I challenge ANYONE to go there for an afternoon and witness the madness that is Chardok AoE and tell me its classic. Its a warp from 50-60 in 1-2 days, its bull sh!t

it's classic and it happened on live, and chardok was not the only zone that people would AOE in.

Malbolshia
12-09-2015, 08:49 PM
that's hard to believe you only made 800pp, even accounting for spell purchases. i think i made on the order of 3k from centaurs in SK from levels 22-30. although i suppose this was with a 40% exp penalty in a no-zem-boost outdoor zone.

The majority of my coin went to spells.

Spells like Reoccurring Amnesia, Allure, Shifting Deeds, Blanket of Forgetfulness.

Each cost me anywhere from 100-200 pp per spell.

Due to the rarity of them, the seller had me by the balls.

Peridots also have a significant cost for Rune IV. 200pp a stack, and usually go through a rune for each pull for charm breaks.

The rest went to vendor bought spells, food/drink and mostly paying for ports too Kunark from EC or ports to WC from OT. 60pp a pop there as well. and pretty frequent due to the overwhelming amount of weight in my bags from loot.

Also, from your sig looks like you play a bard, must be nice only having to buy one song per level.

Malbolshia
12-09-2015, 08:53 PM
i think you're the naive one here. with the going pp rate of proxy pulls, a quick google search would show that selling a single chardok proxy pull yields about 4 bucks worth of pp, which makes a hypothetical rate of $8/hr. and this is assuming no wipes or other slowdowns.

$8 per hour - 8 hour session = $64 per day
$64 per day - 7 days a week = $448 per week
$448 per week - 4 weeks in a month = $1792 per month

Seems like a pretty nice revenue stream for playing a video game to me.

Depending where you live, $1792 can yield a real nice apartment or house.

I can see why those who are displeased with this thread want to validate what they do.

Also, the simple fact that searching google actually gives results on the going rate of P99 plat is pretty much the smoking gun.

indiscriminate_hater
12-09-2015, 09:03 PM
You're assuming people do chardok 7 days a week, and that you can always grab a spot when they are, and that you can always find a buyer when you're in on it. Also taking into account losses from selling in bulk (you can't realistically sell single batches of pp) the non-trivial risk of getting busted, and the time spent actually finding a buyer, it's really not that attractive of a money making operation.

Cecily
12-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Please find a like minded group of anti-chardok freedom fighters to perma camp the fort entrance 24/7. Name the guild <Avalanche> b/c Chardok AE is draining the lifeforce from the server and nothing short of terrorist activism is gonna stop it.

arsenalpow
12-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Skyfire AE was the thing before Chardok. Can we blame that too for the downfall of p99?

indiscriminate_hater
12-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Low hp kiting was way worse than chardok. Imagine chardok aoe but a single person (or two) getting all of the exp

Cecily
12-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Skyfire AE was the thing before Chardok. Can we blame that too for the downfall of p99?

If TMO was the main guild doing it, probably.

Swish
12-10-2015, 01:48 AM
I absolutely want to vomit anytime I agree with Juevento

Quote of the day imo :o

Llodd
12-10-2015, 03:46 AM
it's classic and it happened on live, and chardok was not the only zone that people would AOE in.

Aoe may have been classic on live, but it was absolutely nowhere near the numbers of mobs per pull we see here.

Troxx
12-10-2015, 05:57 AM
The only people defending Chardok AOEing are

1) The people making piles of plat doing it
2) The raiding guilds who use(d) that method to PL two dozen rogue and cleric accounts in the months before Velious released.

Chardok AEing artificially inflated the servers endgame population 100 fold; there's no denying that. I know people with 13 level 60 toons, only one of which they "legitimately" levelled. People with SEVERAL lvl 60s of the same class, paid for by their raiding guild, so they can have a rogue or monk parked in every possible raid zone at all times.

It's complete fucking nonsense

JurisDictum
12-10-2015, 06:23 AM
One of the main reasons people AoE in Chardok to begin with, is the zone basically sucks for grouping compared to other Kunark dungeons. The only reason to go in there is for a handful of drops that the AoE groups do a fine job of flooding EC with anyway. Think about how easier it is to get a Sarnak Battle Shield on p99 than it was on live.

As for all this fight the system talk about shutting down Chardok PLing...The cat is out of the bag, don't you think? Players don't play this sim anything like players on live played. There is way more emphasis on efficiency and min/maxing. Also players make multiple raid-geared alts, which I doubt more than a handful of people per server on live had. I also seriously doubt anyone played on a server with 2 or more guilds that utilized half a dozen factioned mage alts...

Bruno
12-10-2015, 07:13 AM
This thread again lolz.

I've done Chardok AOE probably more times than any person in here talking out of their ass. None of those times has a group come in to exp. Do you know why? Because it's difficult to get people together and travel all the way to Chardok for 2-3 hours of exp, which is about as long as most people have the time for these days. And if you wipe you're going to be praying that group of AOEers with the non-KOS puller and cleric are still hanging out at the entrance waiting for it to end. This entire thread is nonsense. The next one will be also.

Juevento
12-10-2015, 07:24 AM
This thread again lolz.

I've done Chardok AOE probably more times than any person in here talking out of their ass. None of those times has a group come in to exp. Do you know why? Because it's difficult to get people together and travel all the way to Chardok for 2-3 hours of exp, which is about as long as most people have the time for these days. And if you wipe you're going to be praying that group of AOEers with the non-KOS puller and cleric are still hanging out at the entrance waiting for it to end. This entire thread is nonsense. The next one will be also.

No one cares that legit people are forming AoE groups and using an unpopular zone to exp in. That's fine, hell I leveled my enchanter from 57-60 as a legitimate member of the Chardok group. Its the alt machine that is the issue and the RMT/boxing underbelly that exists as a result.

Casino (which were way classic) are banned because they were a funnel for RMT, why is Chardok any different? Its unhealthy for the server.

Swish
12-10-2015, 07:44 AM
This thread again lolz.

Hate to break it to you but lots of people have a non-kos character at this point (or a rogue) if it got real dicey and CRs were needed.

One thing I do remember about the AOE folks is they get real mad when you try to interfere with the zone, pulling things they usually pull or whatever :o

Enjoy your online economy sim grind game.

Bruno
12-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Hate to break it to you but lots of people have a non-kos character at this point (or a rogue) if it got real dicey and CRs were needed.

One thing I do remember about the AOE folks is they get real mad when you try to interfere with the zone, pulling things they usually pull or whatever :o

Enjoy your online economy sim grind game.

Hate to break it to you but I know you're not one of them. You don't even play this game. I'm glad your memories come from forum posts.

Swish
12-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Hate to break it to you but I know you're not one of them. You don't even play this game. I'm glad your memories come from forum posts.

http://images.topix.com/gallery/up-ICRD516S86GLBMIN.jpg

Sure I play, and sure I've rustled some aoe groups before - took some groups in to do the zone out and the pit under the bridge a couple of times. The bridge pit idea didn't go down too well with AOE folks.

Also I spent hours in Droga factioning my necro... sorry to break it to you

Swish
12-10-2015, 08:05 AM

:o

Gorillas
12-10-2015, 08:48 AM
This thread again lolz.

Your circular argument is hilarious

NO ONE GOES TO CHARDOK TO EXP
Why?
BECAUSE YOURE FUCKING UP THE ZONE
Why do you think that's okay?
BECAUSE NO ONE GOES TO CHARDOK TO EXP
Why?

Gaunja
12-10-2015, 08:57 AM

Why?
Why?

This

Bruno
12-10-2015, 08:58 AM

Why?
Why?

So people are supposed to stop AOEing so that 2 groups a year can venture into Chardok? I'm not arguing anything, I'm just stating facts. I more than welcome anyone who wants to exp in Chardok, and would gladly allow them to do so. The last thing I want to do is ruin someone else's playing experience. Most people there are pretty reasonable and probably feel the same. Good try though. And less caps, pal.

What it comes down to is everyone knows it's well within the rules to go into Chardok and be able to exp without being griefed and trained. If you're going to do so, don't come on the forums and make some ridiculous drama up about chardok AOE not allowing you to do that, because it's pretty clear by the GM post in the beginning of the thread it will be enforced. Just go and do it.

Gorillas
12-10-2015, 09:11 AM
So people are supposed to stop AOEing so that 2 groups a year can venture into Chardok? I'm not arguing anything, I'm just stating facts. I more than welcome anyone who wants to exp in Chardok, and would gladly allow them to do so. The last thing I want to do is ruin someone else's playing experience. Most people there are pretty reasonable and probably feel the same. Good try though. And less caps, pal.

Oh mighty Chardok group please ALLOW me to expie in the zone.

Bruno
12-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Oh mighty Chardok group please ALLOW me to expie in the zone.

I expected you to take that the wrong way. You don't seem like a very reasonable person.

Gorillas
12-10-2015, 09:19 AM
I expected you to take that the wrong way. You don't seem like a very reasonable person.

How you talk about a zone like you have ownership, says a lot

Bruno
12-10-2015, 09:22 AM
How you talk about a zone like you have ownership, says a lot

I was merely implying that I wouldn't do anything to disrupt their fun. It says a lot that you couldn't grasp that, or probably don't want to because it doesn't suit your argument.

Anyways, I've wasted enough time on this ridiculousness.

Swish
12-10-2015, 09:24 AM

What it comes down to is everyone knows it's well within the rules to go into Chardok and be able to exp without being griefed and trained. If you're going to do so, don't come on the forums and make some ridiculous drama up about chardok AOE not allowing you to do that, because it's pretty clear by the GM post in the beginning of the thread it will be enforced. Just go and do it.

You seem to be pedaling backwards there :o

Gaunja
12-10-2015, 09:25 AM

It does kind of sound like you own the zone. ALLOW them to do so? How noble.

Spyder73
12-10-2015, 10:28 AM

No, the real downfall happend when guild community and cooperation was shattered by the fall of the rotation, but that's a differnt story for a differnt time

nhdjoseywales
12-10-2015, 10:48 AM
If someone is pulling a lot of mobs and you come and start pulling some of them it can either be described as they allowed you to take those mobs or it can be described as you took them away from the other group. Or it could be described as you shared stuff. Who really gives a fuck about the semantics?

ronasch
12-10-2015, 11:41 AM
If u want to XP in Chardok just extort the AE crew, tell them we have a group that wants to level here. Either u can give us 3 free pulls or we can petition a GM to end your AE monopoly. Damn that's sweet.

Man0warr
12-10-2015, 12:17 PM
No, the real downfall happend when guild community and cooperation was shattered by the fall of the rotation, but that's a differnt story for a differnt time

The rotation wasn't going to extend into Velious, nothing would be different.

thufir
12-10-2015, 12:20 PM
You're assuming people do chardok 7 days a week, and that you can always grab a spot when they are, and that you can always find a buyer when you're in on it. Also taking into account losses from selling in bulk (you can't realistically sell single batches of pp) the non-trivial risk of getting busted, and the time spent actually finding a buyer, it's really not that attractive of a money making operation.

I work in the gaming industry. I know for a fact that many, many people will take minimum wage and crappy, irregular hours to work at a job where they sometimes get to play games.

It doesn't matter really *how* much money it is. The fact that you *can* make money playing video games, even if you live like a pauper, is a huge draw for many.

Bruno
12-10-2015, 12:30 PM
If u want to XP in Chardok just extort the AE crew, tell them we have a group that wants to level here. Either u can give us 3 free pulls or we can petition a GM to end your AE monopoly. Damn that's sweet.

It actually hurt my brain to read that. This post is one of the reasons why I usually don't even bother responding to the stupidity posted here. This dude clearly has no idea what's happening, and he's not the only one.

Raev
12-10-2015, 01:02 PM

It helps when you box.

It makes me physically sick to agree with Juevento, but he's right here. Chardok AOE has had a massive negative impact on the server, both through RMT and giving everyone 10 alts to park at raid mobs, who then buy rogue/cleric epic mqs and other stuff.

Limiting PBAOE spells to 30 targets + some sort of automatic simulated repop would be two huge steps for this server.

maskedmelon
12-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Chardok sucks ass. The zone is terribad. If you want hunt there, go for it. If you want strike a blow to the man, set up camp at the bridge.

Troxx
12-10-2015, 01:09 PM
I work in the gaming industry. I know for a fact that many, many people will take minimum wage and crappy, irregular hours to work at a job where they sometimes get to play games.

It doesn't matter really *how* much money it is. The fact that you *can* make money playing video games, even if you live like a pauper, is a huge draw for many.

Which is really quite sad, because if you consider that with some time and effort you can make 10x the minimum wage while still having some time to "game" .... and then retire 20-30 years before the gamer that got paid shit to 'game' some of the time ...

/facepalm

But what you describe is why RMT is such a HUGE deal to any venue that allows (or turns a blind eye) to it. There are idiots out there willing to sell themselves out for relative crap. I could moonlight an extra hour and buy ridiculous amounts of plat on this server ... waaaaaaaaaay more than if I was trying to farm it legit. Like a fungi an hour.

Thankfully, p99 doesn't allow RMT.

Chardok sucks ass. The zone is terribad. If you want hunt there, go for it. If you want strike a blow to the man, set up camp at the bridge.

Having hunted the zone with an xp group, i'll disagree. From an xp standpoint alone, it's better than seb with a good group.

thufir
12-10-2015, 01:10 PM
It helps when you box.

It makes me physically sick to agree with Juevento, but he's right here. Chardok AOE has had a massive negative impact on the server, both through RMT and giving everyone 10 alts to park at raid mobs, who then buy rogue/cleric epic mqs and other stuff.

Limiting PBAOE spells to 30 targets + some sort of automatic simulated repop would be two huge steps for this server.
It also hurts the top end grouping game. Sebilis is way less occupied here than it was on Live. As is Chardok for that matter; I know people who found very good xp spots there back in the day (even pre-revamp).

All those guys grinding up cleric/rogue alts would be doing it in groups if they weren't getting Chardok proxies, and improving the health of these dungeons thereby. Or they just wouldn't level them up at all, perhaps, but either way I think things would be better.

People have been pointing out that these PBAoE groups were possible on live, and that's absolutely right. I was in them, on Live. The difference was that GMs on Live strictly enforced the PnP. If even one other person was in the zone we had to share the mobs with them or we were out. And if we trained them it was on our heads.

That isn't the case here, because the staff works on a voluntary basis and can't be around to enforce this 24/7. Which I totally get. But because of this people won't even bother going to Chardok to try and XP normally. Why would you when the customer service resolution might not happen in the playtime allotted to you?

The best solution would be an "un-classic" one - I still like making every tenth mob immune to stun, but you could also limit PBAoE targets and such - and I know people are reluctant to implement non-classic solutions, but it's certainly been done in the past. In the end, the current state of Chardok isn't classic, though.

ronasch
12-10-2015, 01:43 PM
It actually hurt my brain to read that. This post is one of the reasons why I usually don't even bother responding to the stupidity posted here. This dude clearly has no idea what's happening, and he's not the only one.

I guess u lack sarcastic awareness.

Bruno
12-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I guess u lack sarcastic awareness.

Either that or you're just really good at sounding stupid.

Troxx
12-10-2015, 02:02 PM
The best solution would be an "un-classic" one - I still like making every tenth mob immune to stun, but you could also limit PBAoE targets and such - and I know people are reluctant to implement non-classic solutions, but it's certainly been done in the past. In the end, the current state of Chardok isn't classic, though.

Would fix the issue.

Lord knows there are already more glaringly "UNCLASSIC" mechanics on p99 there for the sake of relative balance etc.

The sad thing is the damage is already done. People already have their nth level 60 player. The upper end is already bloated (overbloated) with too many high level folks (many of them having multiple high level toons they wouldn't otherwise have).

But ... if they did make this change, you'd have more available groupers in the 40-59 range and fewer PL'd goons contributing further to the already bloated end-game pool of players.

ronasch
12-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Extortion is the only answer, DO IT.