PDA

View Full Version : Casual Player new to server, Looking for a character

Shadura
11-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone, I am new to the server, currently a casual player due to full time school/finals and such. I have a friend who plays on the server who is higher lvl, and was wondering if anyone had any characters that they were looking to get rid of. I was looking at the EC tunnel section, but being new I do not have any plat to trade with to get a character.

Just wondering if anyone out there is looking to give away, or maybe figure out something with a character that is 30+ish. Would be awesome if so, as I do not have time to level a character, but just want to play with friends in my off time.

Thank you all,
Shadura

RapidScotch
11-27-2010, 06:55 PM
You sound very genuine, but your going to be trolled/flamed. Just a pre-warning. Welcome to P99 forums :)

Curmudgen
11-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Casual player, so make a Mage. You should take no time at all to get into the thirties with really no gear needs. Same with necromancer, just a tad harder to figure out play for a total new person.

quellren
11-27-2010, 08:08 PM
If your friend is truly a friend, they will do one of two things:
1) re-roll a new character to compliment yours and help you level. (like a healer to your DPS)
or
2) play their character and overwatch you to make sure you don't get over your head.

Quite honestly, giving anyone; old-school returning player or first time newblet a mid-leveled character is a bad plan. You miss out on so much learning or re-learning in the first 15-20 levels.

Shadura
11-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Yea was just hoping to find a character, having only an hr here or there to play makes it really hard to level and keep up w/ friends. This weekend alone I could only get to lvl 4. So maybe a couple months I will be 30 ><

Just saying, if anyone is interested in getting rid of a character, or looking for trade/sale,(not RMT) I understand the rules, that would be awesome.

Crone
11-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Why can't your friends make a new character and play with you?

Shadura
11-27-2010, 09:43 PM
They have actually, just trying to avoid making my friend come across the continent or start a new character just to play w/ me for a few hrs a week. When I could hopefully play w/ his main character at his levels.

I am currently leveling a character in my time I have on, but after a week I am only lvl 6. So just looking for an opportunity if its out there.

jeffd
11-27-2010, 09:51 PM
They have actually, just trying to avoid making my friend come across the continent or start a new character just to play w/ me for a few hrs a week. When I could hopefully play w/ his main character at his levels.

so when he outlevels your level 30 handout, will you come to the forums begging for a 40?

Slathar
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
so when he outlevels your level 30 handout, will you come to the forums begging for a 40?

Good logic.

Shadura
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
For one, I am not begging for a handout. I am currently lvling in game, but was just looking to see if anyone was quitting or looking to get rid of a character. But no, If I can actually find a higher lvl character that I could put time into it would be better than just starting at lvl 1.

Haters gonna hate. And it's just a simple request, not begging. So if you know someone who is quitting, let me know, thx.