PDA

View Full Version : Report Zone Disruption Without Name?

davidkain
12-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Hi there,

My group and I (along with at least one other group) were being harassed tonight by someone pulling massive trains up and down the Karnor's Castle wall in Dreadlands. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to tell specifically who was doing the pulling in order to petition.

What recourse do we have (if any) in this sort of situation? Without a name to report, we can't petition, right? And I'd hate to report the wrong person, or especially list a name here and get it wrong. Still, I'd love to know if there's a way to protect ourselves from this sort of problem.

Here are the timestamps of two of the trains from my logs (if that helps):

[Sun Dec 13 20:39:13 2015]
[Sun Dec 13 21:13:13 2015]

Thanks,
Geas

P.S. Hopefully I hit the right tone here. Not trying to rant or flame, but genuinely ask what recourse we players have in this type of situation, and if there's anything to be done this time specifically.

Oleris
12-13-2015, 10:48 PM
prob some bard. #nerfbards

Thugnuts
12-13-2015, 11:28 PM
I was there as well, in the other group. The bard was purposely building swarms, training them through wall groups, and zoning them to KC.

JackFlash
12-13-2015, 11:35 PM
You could just petition the situation in game. Don't need a name necessarily. If you want to do a more detailed petition on forums after the fact then I would have more information then.

In game petition is for situations going on right then and there whereas forums are more for after the fact.

Swish
12-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Training is legal if bards are doing it apparently. Strange favoritism.

DarthMartigan
12-14-2015, 08:32 AM
/e grabs soapbox

If you are a bard kiting in DL and taking a train across KC, you are doing it wrong. If you are a hard kiting in DL you are doing it wrong. The zone crashes if you make a big pull, and there's much better options out there. If you are a bard kiting in a crowded zone like DL or LOIO during prime time, you are doing it wrong. It's possible to get to 60 without being a selfish and disruptive tool.

Thulack
12-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Next time target a mob thats chasing someone and type /assist. It should point you to who the bard is.

Monty405
12-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Best solution is to pull mobs away from bard kiters. reduces their workload.

They'll thank you for it.

Naethyn
12-14-2015, 10:56 AM
When bards drop trains at the burning woods zoneline in DL, the mobs path back through the middle of KC through the east wall and kill players every day.

JackFlash
12-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Stay classy bards. Get that PL money.

kined
12-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Training is legal if bards are doing it apparently. Strange favoritism.

yeah, because no one else ever does trains... its okay for everyone as long as your arent doing it intentionally and repeatedly. i see people train every zone pretty much every day.

Swish
12-14-2015, 11:20 AM
The worst was/is always when you're in DL and a bard either dies or zones into KC to zone off his failed kite.

Guess where those mobs are going from there? Towards everyone on the walls :s

Monty405
12-14-2015, 11:56 AM
The worst was/is always when you're in DL and a bard either dies or zones into KC to zone off his failed kite.

Guess where those mobs are going from there? Towards everyone on the walls :s

How good are you at playing frogger?

Troxx
12-14-2015, 12:29 PM
/e grabs soapbox

If you are a bard kiting in DL and taking a train across KC, you are doing it wrong. If you are a hard kiting in DL you are doing it wrong. The zone crashes if you make a big pull, and there's much better options out there. If you are a bard kiting in a crowded zone like DL or LOIO during prime time, you are doing it wrong. It's possible to get to 60 without being a selfish and disruptive tool.

Swish
12-14-2015, 12:30 PM
How good are you at playing frogger?

Not that good!

nyclin
12-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I was there as well, in the other group. The bard was purposely building swarms, training them through wall groups, and zoning them to KC.

more likely scenario is that the bard was bad and couldn't kill their pulls, and they were zoning to KC rather than FM/BW and thus everything was pathing back over your group

dunno why bards bother kiting in BW or DL, it takes forever to gather and kill a blob. probably more efficient to sell PL and then buy Chardok pulls if you're that set against levelling traditionally.

ECDubz
12-14-2015, 01:14 PM
probably more efficient to sell PL and then buy Chardok pulls if you're that set against levelling traditionally.

Bard PL is the best and fastest until you get to 54. Once 54 is hit Chardok then takes over in being the most efficient leveling service for the price being paid. Bards that swarm in populated areas need to realize that the zone is not all about them. I personally swarm in LOIO 12-25 and then move to FV until 46 where i then move to DL from 46-50. In LOIO you need to be wary of groups leveling in specific locations as well as courier spawns and such. I am sure some people have seen my PL awareness /ooc message that i do every time im in LOIO to let groups know what im doing and give them a chance to message me where they are so i can stay away from their leveling areas. DL you need to always take your kite around the long way and lead it pretty closely because you dont want to drag it over groups on the wall. If you should fail a kite, especially repeatedly, you should not be swarming in that zone until you are more comfortable with the mobs you are pulling. FV is a great starter zone, in fact the best, to get used to Drolvarg mob hitboxes for swarming further in DL after 46.

Personally i have found that most bards are completely full of themselves and dont care about others very much because in the end they can do what they want and all they have to deal with is a random /petition out of the day. I think GMs need to come down on bards a lot harder OR players need to step up and come up with a solution themselves like maybe a community rule or player agreement that GMs can agree is SERVER RULES like they do for raid mobs. But thats me.

Thugnuts
12-14-2015, 02:19 PM
more likely scenario is that the bard was bad and couldn't kill their pulls, and they were zoning to KC rather than FM/BW and thus everything was pathing back over your group

dunno why bards bother kiting in BW or DL, it takes forever to gather and kill a blob. probably more efficient to sell PL and then buy Chardok pulls if you're that set against levelling traditionally.

They'd have to be pretty terrible at barding! We got hit with multiple trains from this person, and the mobs were all full health. Whoever it was, they were literally rounding up everything in the zone for like twenty minutes tops, and then training them to KC. I saw it three times in a row. I wasn't in OP's group, so it might have continued after I camped out.

I didn't die, though. I'm too fabulous for that.

davidkain
12-15-2015, 09:09 AM
They'd have to be pretty terrible at barding! We got hit with multiple trains from this person, and the mobs were all full health. Whoever it was, they were literally rounding up everything in the zone for like twenty minutes tops, and then training them to KC. I saw it three times in a row. I wasn't in OP's group, so it might have continued after I camped out.

I didn't die, though. I'm too fabulous for that.

Yeah, this is about a troll, not bards in general.

I died twice :/