PDA

View Full Version : Ultra widescreen monitor

Bones13
12-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Waiting for my discs to arrive. (eBay purchase) I'm excited to give this a go.

What is the maximum resolution for the client? I have the Dell 34 inch ultra wide monitor.

Going through all this, I remember having my computer box open, with a box fan blowing on it to keep my computer from freezing up.

I played EQ beta thru Luclin.

Razl Daxl (FV server)

Bordar
12-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Currently playing on a 40" crossover 404k @ 3840x2160 without issue. You can play at the 3440x1440 but everything will appear stretched....

Ele
12-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Waiting for my discs to arrive. (eBay purchase)

Welcome, but you didn't have to do that. There are unscrupulous people selling the titanium discs for ridiculous mark up without any of that money going to support SOE/DBG or this server.

khanable
12-16-2015, 07:48 PM
The EQ client doesn't handle widescreen resolutions properly. The game was built around the 4:3 aspect ratio, as you deviate from this things start to get.. odd.

16:10 appears to be optimal, 16:9 starts to get a little eh.. and anything beyond 16:9 you start to lose a tremendous amount of vertical view.

So to answer your question - there is no "max" resolution. It will max out on whatever your display(s) max out at. The real question is 'at what point does it become shitty', and that point is anything beyond 16:9 IMO.

So run EQ in a window, try to work out a 16:10 or 16:9 resolution (basically anything that fits your vertical pixel amount), and have some space on the sides for vent/ts/whatever.

Good luck

Bones13
12-16-2015, 08:16 PM
So that windowing program might be real helpful.

Thanks for the advice. I got my disks for ~$30, which I did not think was bad. I really did not want to do the pirate bay thing. Disks arrived today. Probably be the weekend before I can put time together for the install. Lotsa Christmas going around. I'd rather not have a buzz going when I get things together for the install.

DeadlyReza
12-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Ultra wide for EQ are aboit as useful as an armless tennis player

2 screen do the job better.

But I do love an ultra wide, and you will get SOME use out of it.

Load up eq as normal like the rest are saying and have the wiki and maps up on the other side, also another thing I used to do was have p99 and live up :)