PDA

View Full Version : Normal Petition Speed or Lost for all Eternity?

Telados
12-17-2015, 04:44 PM
I have a petition i put in 8 weeks ago now that hasn't gotten a response. Is this normal or an outlier from people's experience?

I contacted Braknar about it during thanksgiving on the 27th of November in a PM. His response was along the lines of: oh cr*p thats really old - i'll do it asap...

got my hopes up...buta i haven't heard a word since then. Thought i might magically log in to find my missing item waiting for me - but nope! =)

Maybe people are on vacation for the holidays?

Do you think I should just leave the petition as it is or send more PMs to people at this point?

Erati
12-17-2015, 04:46 PM
what kind of petition is it - reimbursements are handled by only one man: Sirken.

Telados
12-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Yea - its a Reimbursement

My petition was amended to read attention Braknar - that seems wrong?

DeadlyReza
12-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Might mean you reimbursement is not going to be put through? Whatever you do don't bump it, 8 weeks is awhile, you could PM Braknar pr Sirken, but if you bump it you will go to the back of the line

jarshale
12-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Took me.. 2 months I think to get some items back? With all the petition quest going on you just have to wait it out.

Telados
12-17-2015, 05:17 PM
i did reply to my petition twice during this time - not knowing it would bump it to the back of the line.

captnamazing
12-17-2015, 05:30 PM
have patience. sirken may be taking a break. there are many pixels to reimburse in the world of pixels and pixels gonna pixel pixel

am0n
12-18-2015, 08:44 AM
i did reply to my petition twice during this time - not knowing it would bump it to the back of the line.

Number one rule of petitions is to not bump them. They work by Oldest to Newest and when you bump, it becomes the Newest.

heartbrand
12-18-2015, 09:00 AM
I have a petition from July 2014

DeadlyReza
12-18-2015, 05:22 PM

How many times do we have to tell you luclin isn't coming! They won't answer that petition :P

Tuljin
12-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Piksulz

Llandris
12-18-2015, 05:54 PM

0 active petitions, you were saying?

Swish
12-18-2015, 05:58 PM

He means the red server. That might have been made a hidden subforum to stop guides jumping ship :o

mropey
12-18-2015, 06:14 PM
in the world of pixels and pixels gonna pixel pixel

Couldn't have said it better.

Llandris
12-18-2015, 06:59 PM
He means the red server. That might have been made a hidden subforum to stop guides jumping ship :o

If you played swish, you would know I handle both :p

heartbrand
12-19-2015, 04:39 PM

There's an active petition there so I'm not sure why you would say there isn't? Maybe it's not moved to resolved or something despite it being shown that way to you? Either way I don't really play anymore so it's not a big deal, but the petition and the petition it was connected to date back to July of 2014.

Swish
12-19-2015, 05:15 PM
If you played swish, you would know I handle both :p

Aside from the occasional corpse rot I don't think I've bothered the staff too much. It's hard being a pillar of the community and setting a positive example for others to follow.

Efwan
12-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Aside from the occasional corpse rot I don't think I've bothered the staff too much. It's hard being a pillar of the community and setting a positive example for others to follow.

He's right though you don't hardly play at all. Especially on red

Mead
12-19-2015, 06:35 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/project1999uncut always available for unmoderated submissions. Got the inside scoop? Lets hear it.

Seems strange to stop a stream so soon after it started but we should be thankful for anything - I havent been able to tune in for months now but do plan to catch up with them :)

Yea, you're a real pillar of the community. You're a god damn attention starved drama queen. Who do you think you're fooling pal with that I'm so innocent feel sorry for me shit lol?

Swish
12-19-2015, 06:36 PM
He's right though you don't hardly play at all. Especially on red

For anyone who hasn't heard I have no internet other than phone data unless im in a public wifi spot so can't log in unless im in a public wifi area that allows it. The library is the best place for unlimited wifi but they block ports used for gaming so I'm out of luck til the new year.

If you're lining up to kill me on red you'll hopefully be able to in January, think of it as a late Christmas present to the server :)

Whiteberry
12-19-2015, 06:36 PM
Braknar checks logs an Sirken summons item(s) Its a double kill switch type of deal, so no one person holds all the power.

gildor
12-20-2015, 09:27 AM
hmm so if I get bumped to back of the line for bumping..braknar set me up for failure huh?

Originally Posted by Braknar

It varies. For me, I have a HUGE backlog right now that I'm slowly slogging through.

I would say feel free to bump any petitions with my name on them no more than once per week.

Swish
12-20-2015, 12:00 PM
The golden rule: there are no set rules...its GM preference.

Telados
12-22-2015, 02:20 PM
All i want for christmas is ...

Expediency
12-22-2015, 04:49 PM
When you play on live in 2001 with half a million or whatever subscribers, you are a paying customer and its not unrealistic to expect your petitions to be answered promptly. They could hire/fire GMs as needed and you could threaten to stop paying them.

Here on p99 you are not a paying customer. It will never be as quick because its volunteer based. They dont care if you play or dont play. Thats the tradeoff for it being free. When you make a petition I think you should just assume its not going to get answered for 2-3 days and be happy that this server is here at all.

Madbad
12-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Just keep bumping your petitions, you'll be fine.

Swish
12-22-2015, 07:54 PM
would be nice if they could squeeze out a batch of IP exemptions before Christmas so that loved ones can play together.