PDA

View Full Version : Auto Patch system

Nilasbik
12-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Is something wrong with the auto patch system that was set up? We got February and March at the beginning of the months they were released in and no April, yet two server downs. Anything the devs can share with us about this?

Swish
12-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Not the answer you're looking for but it takes about 30 seconds to find the patch on the announcements forum and download/unzip it.

Bring back the old launcher, that was good.

Ele
12-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Not the answer you're looking for but it takes about 30 seconds to find the patch on the announcements forum and download/unzip it.

Bring back the old launcher, that was good.

He's talking about the hot patch era system.

Swish
12-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Is he? There was a patch program someone was working on to update without having to mess with finding the forum and downloading manually.

Nilasbik
12-21-2015, 12:59 PM
He's talking about the hot patch era system.

This

Swish
12-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Thanks for clearing that up OP...and the devs time is precious, I'm sure something will be on the way. Lots also waiting for discord and other things.

See if you can ask Sirken on his next stream.

Danth
12-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Is something wrong with the auto patch system that was set up? We got February and March at the beginning of the months they were released in and no April, yet two server downs. Anything the devs can share with us about this?

Not even all of those patches....hybrid skill caps are still glitched, paladins can't memorize Yaulp 4, etc. The automatic update system seems to have been something of a bust.

Danth

Nilasbik
12-21-2015, 01:11 PM
I thought the point of it was that all patching was already done so they wouldn't have to manually do it and not use up any more of their time.

Swish
12-21-2015, 01:22 PM
If they know they aren't going to have recycle 99 ready to go in time (at whatever point) then I too would slow down the release of the Velious patches... in terms of P99 a slow patch release is one of the most classic things here.

4 years of Velious anyone? ;)

Man0warr
12-21-2015, 01:53 PM
I thought the point of it was that all patching was already done so they wouldn't have to manually do it and not use up any more of their time.

Only the non-content related stuff.