PDA

View Full Version : A plea to the Gods

Goobles
01-21-2010, 03:08 AM
http://common.allakhazam.com/images/b/2/b257ff7a337400feea0350fd7ca2bc93.png

Please make this thing NO DROP, for the sake of the server. It is way OP, and since Mayong is NEVER going to spawn again after the two guilds milked him.

That way it will be obsolete once Rogue epic is released, and not sold for umpteen thousands of plat, or traded around to level 1 characters so they can carry their parties through levels or as PL fodder. I feel this is absolutely necessary.

Deanob
01-21-2010, 03:12 AM
cool story bro

Hasbinbad
01-21-2010, 03:43 AM
u mad bro?

Goobles
01-21-2010, 03:54 AM
u mad bro?

What? That someone was guilded with Divinity on a Transcendence raid, at level 33, got it, and guilded up with IB, and in turn will eventually turn around and sell it for upwards of 100k plat once he gets his epic? Sure. I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty upset that they did not have the chance to encounter Mayong for themselves.

And why do you even bother calling me 'bro'? We don't like eachother, I'm not your 'bro'. Head therapy and identity reconciliation for you if you have some other thought that conflicts with that.

drplump
01-21-2010, 06:30 AM
What? That someone was guilded with Divinity on a Transcendence raid, at level 33, got it, and guilded up with IB, and in turn will eventually turn around and sell it for upwards of 100k plat once he gets his epic? Sure. I'm sure a lot of people would be pretty upset that they did not have the chance to encounter Mayong for themselves.

And why do you even bother calling me 'bro'? We don't like eachother, I'm not your 'bro'. Head therapy and identity reconciliation for you if you have some other thought that conflicts with that.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/QQ.jpg

Goobles
01-21-2010, 06:53 AM
It's nice to see that someone has finally made a use of my gallery. To respond:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/shitting.jpg

Dabamf
01-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Your "gallery" is completely uninspired and about as funny as carrot top. I've recently discovered I involuntarily yawn in real life every time I see one of your pictures.

guineapig
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I've seen a rogue with this thing in solb with this dagger soloing like 3 mobs at a time without needing heals... Of course the stacked poison helps too.

drplump
01-21-2010, 11:05 AM
I've seen a rogue with this thing in lguk with this dagger soloing like 3 mobs at a time without needing heals... Of course the stacked poison helps too. I think his last name was even "iamstackingpoisonbanme".

guineapig
01-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I've seen a rogue with this thing in lguk with this dagger soloing like 3 mobs at a time without needing heals... Of course the stacked poison helps too. I think his last name was even "iamstackingpoisonbanme".

Dude you are stealing my lines!!! :p

Pyrocat
01-21-2010, 11:50 AM
turn around and sell it for upwards of 100k plat once he gets his epic?

You're crazy if you think that thing is not immediately going in the offhand and staying there until late-late-late Kunark or Velious.

Trimm
01-21-2010, 01:35 PM
I've seen a rogue with this thing in solb with this dagger soloing like 3 mobs at a time without needing heals... Of course the stacked poison helps too.

Seeing as how there are only 2 on the server, its pretty easy to figure out who's doing it. It's a moot point anyway, since any rogue stacking and exploiting poisons can solo solb mobs. I know of certain rogues who are gearing themselves just for the purpose of getting more poison procs. Sigh. :(

Tryfaen
01-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Every other rogue will offhand a blood point which isn't a whole lot worse.

And there are many weapons in VP that are better.

so I don't see it really being an issue.

Hasbinbad
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Every other rogue will offhand a blood point which isn't a whole lot worse.
Except me, 'coz I'm gonna win an Edge of the Nightwalker. :D

Otto
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=56442

Thornstinger Item Glossary
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 19
DMG: 12 Dmg Bonus: 20
Backstab DMG: 12
STR: +5 DEX: +5 AGI: +5 HP: +50
Effect: Rampage (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 45
WT: 2.0 Size: SMALL
Class: ROG
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

Available in classic and early kunark.

QFT

Oh, and if you really want to pick at hairs, it gave out http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=50334 for a very short while before it was buffed.

Ebonsting Item Glossary
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 11 Dmg Bonus: 20
Backstab DMG: 11
DEX: +5 AGI: +5 HP: +5
Effect: Project Lightning (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 45
WT: 2.0 Size: SMALL
Class: ROG
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

Ektar
01-21-2010, 04:29 PM
http://common.allakhazam.com/images/b/2/b257ff7a337400feea0350fd7ca2bc93.png

Please make this thing NO DROP, for the sake of the server. It is way OP, and since Mayong is NEVER going to spawn again after the two guilds milked him.

Nerf plz:

Enchanters
Mages
fuckit I ain't thinking of anymore you get the point. Classic is classic, and they've made it clear it will remain that way. Besides, there are worse things than that dagger (like enchanters =p).

What does it matter if he joined IB or is still in Divinity as far as selling it goes? Jealousy is fuckin ugly dude, especially when it fogs your mind and makes you sound like an idiot.

Oh yeah and also you're right, since MM is not a respawning mob, we should leave him for a pickup raid of random lower level people.. makes perfect sense =p.

Wrei
01-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Nerf plz:

Enchanters
Mages
fuckit I ain't thinking of anymore you get the point. Classic is classic, and they've made it clear it will remain that way. Besides, there are worse things than that dagger (like enchanters =p).

What does it matter if he joined IB or is still in Divinity as far as selling it goes? Jealousy is fuckin ugly dude, especially when it fogs your mind and makes you sound like an idiot.

Oh yeah and also you're right, since MM is not a respawning mob, we should leave him for a pickup raid of random lower level people.. makes perfect sense =p.

Nerf enchanters? WTF!!! We are the most underpowered class in Classic! Have you seen our nukes? They take 9 sec to cast has a bizzilion resist check which insures it pisses off the mob and gets resisted all the time, we got the shittiest dots zomg QQ we suck at soloing~ ;)

Stop sweating jealousy like Goobles and go wack things with your flaming sword~

Goobles
01-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Why do mages need to be nerfed? Mages are a solo class, as well as necromancers. I could understand if we got root how we could be overpowered, but our pets are our vital operating utility. A wizard gets snare, a druid gets snare + dots.

Are you suggesting that Paladins should be able to solo red cons at level 50? I sure as hell can't. I have difficulty with yellow cons, and it takes up most of my mana to kill them.

Finawin
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure if this thread is serious or just here to stir the pot.

Yellow
01-21-2010, 06:06 PM
damn goobles this is the most pathetic forum thread i have ever read....
EVER

Scrooge
01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
More importantly would be the question of WHY should MM be taken out after a kill or two? Same with Lustrous in Fear and Cryosilk Robe....what's the point of removing them from the game after they've been looted a certain amount of times?

Hasbinbad
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
More importantly would be the question of WHY should MM be taken out after a kill or two? Same with Lustrous in Fear and Cryosilk Robe....what's the point of removing them from the game after they've been looted a certain amount of times?
To emulate classic.

Goobles
01-21-2010, 09:54 PM
And to preserve the 'elite' status for the guilds that do have it. I would be interested in seeing the timeline. I recall that when I was in IB, Xzerion said that the Cryosilk Robe would be taken out after the first one dropped. But that was postponed because it wouldn't be 'fair' to only have one artifact of it's type on the server.

Ektar
01-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Why do mages need to be nerfed? Mages are a solo class, as well as necromancers. I could understand if we got root how we could be overpowered, but our pets are our vital operating utility. A wizard gets snare, a druid gets snare + dots.

Dude, honestly? Now I see why people just gave up arguing with you. You say "solo class" like it's totally normal. Classes should be somewhat balanced, and a mage soloing the ghoul lord versus a paladin soloing a giant rat is not balanced. I'm not say they should be changed, cuz this is the way it was.

Are you suggesting that Paladins should be able to solo red cons at level 50? I sure as hell can't. I have difficulty with yellow cons, and it takes up most of my mana to kill them.

...where are you? who am I talking to? or rather, who are YOU talking to? did I say ANYTHING about soloing red cons? jesus. and I love the fact you said you have difficulty soloing yellow cons.. cuz I have difficulty soloing blue cons. and that's if they're on the verge of light blue; if they're not on the verge of light blue then they'll kill me =p

Wrei
01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
So how many shoulders have you farmed Goobles before the Hole got shutdown?

Goobles
01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm not answering any questions related to that nature because what is done is between the GMs and myself. None of the shit is for sale. I'm not opening this up to speculation.

Ripcord
01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
then stop linking it in ooc and taunting us hah

Hasbinbad
01-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm not opening this up to speculation.
That's funny, because I could have sworn you already did. (http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2247)

Goobles
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Did I once mention how many of what I got? Reading Comprehension classes for you.

Hasbinbad
01-22-2010, 12:22 AM
You brought the subject out in the open, which created speculation on how many items you obtained. You opened this can of worms, you shouldn't be butt-hurt when one crawls out and bites you.

Seriously Goobles, I am not the one you want to engage in a test of wits regarding our relative comprehension of the English language. Instead of trying to attack me by feebly grasping at the random electrical activity which passes for wit deep within the dismalest recesses of the shadowy void encapsulated by your skull, introspect; since you did bring this out into the open, consider that disclosure would settle a lot of nerves and win you friends instead of the ridicule you are so used to.

..and when you're done comprehending that little gem, make sure and mark the date, because hell will have frozen over.

Taluvill
01-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Damn.
Hasbinbad - 1
Goobles - -2

Goobles
01-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Wrong thread. Go back to Sky and Hate and not delete your items from there either.

Ektar
01-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Insolent FOOL!

Hasbinbad
01-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Insolent FOOL!
Yes, young Skywalker! Feeel the anger! Allow the hate to flow through you!

Goobles
01-22-2010, 03:21 AM
I am your father. It's time for bed. Both of you to your rooms, now!

Hasbinbad
01-22-2010, 03:26 AM
Ektar, I think Goobles wants you to call him "Daddy."

Goobles
01-22-2010, 03:28 AM
Reading comprehension fail again, Hasbinbad. I said both of you, indicating that I was speaking to multiple peoples - Ektar, and you.

Stonewall
01-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Smallz doesn't even play anymore

Finawin
01-22-2010, 05:33 AM
I still think this is a joke thread. I don't get it.

Yellow
01-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I still think this is a joke thread. I don't get it.

I still think its utter bull shit waste of time for random goobles gargling anus up in a tree house with a monkey...

^that is the logic of this thread^

Allizia
01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Seriously Goobles, I am not the one you want to engage in a test of wits regarding our relative comprehension of the English language. Instead of trying to attack me by feebly grasping at the random electrical activity which passes for wit deep within the dismalest recesses of the shadowy void encapsulated by your skull, introspect; since you did bring this out into the open, consider that disclosure would settle a lot of nerves and win you friends instead of the ridicule you are so used to.

I understood it! I doubt disclosure would settle anything though, and I doubt he gets to keep them. The main difference being that there are now very clear sticky posts telling us exactly what is and what is not open. You can't really play the oops, I didn't know card.

As far as the dagger, Smallz didn't even win the roll. He lost to Supreme but it was decided to pass the dagger to Divinity out of respect. He's a tool for actually thinking he did anything to personally win or earn it.

I personally have no idea what half this thread is about, and don't care about the other half =P

Trimm
01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
This thread is about Goobles being an idiot. You bitch and moan that IB has items they shouldn't have, and then go and do the exact same thing. No one cares about your little vendetta against IB and the more you speak the more you shit up these forums. Christ.

Hasbinbad
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Reading comprehension fail again, Hasbinbad. I said both of you, indicating that I was speaking to multiple peoples - Ektar, and you.
You said "I am your father," which doesn't - by itself - indicate who you were talking to. Since I called Ektar "Young Skywalker," however, the obvious target (since you were replying to OUR conversation) for your quote is Ektar. You do go on from there and indicate two people in later sentences, but that's not at all what I was referring to.

You should seriously go take English 1a before you start trying to throw around big words that you don't comprehend, like: "comprehension."

Goobles
01-22-2010, 04:14 PM
"ru mad bro"

Hasbinbad
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
"ru mad bro"
No, I'm just saying dude.. You don't seem to comprehend the words you're using, but you get upset at people when they respond to those words in ways that you don't expect. I understand how people responding in ways that you don't expect them to could be fightening and confusing for you, because of what I know about you and how you see the world, but please try and recognize that normal people do in fact know the meanings of the words that you use. While nobody is going to try and stop you from using words however you feel they should be used (hey man, to each his own, and whatever makes you happy in your world), you shouldn't get so frustrated when people respond to the actual meanings of the words you used. Goobles, we cannot all read your mind, we don't know what definition you've created for a given word on a given day. All I can say is maybe stick to 1 or 2 syllable words? Words like "comprehension" might be a little advanced for your comprehension level.

Anyway, I hope you're having a good day Goobles, I know that being you can suck sometimes, and all of my positive thoughts are with you!

Goobles
01-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Are you going to blow up like you did in vent that one time that I passively called you a jackass? Please spare us.

Hasbinbad
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Are you going to blow up like you did in vent that one time that I passively called you a jackass? Please spare us.
Say abstinence please.

Allizia
01-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah, yall lost me.

This should have been in rants and flames from the start, nothing constructive or informative about this thread at all =P