PDA

View Full Version : Raid Scene Suggestion

Fifield
12-23-2015, 11:57 PM
I know this post won't ever go anywhere but figured i'd speak my mind and see if anyone else agrees or disagrees.

What if all raid mobs spawned on sat or sun(I don't care which day) on a static 16hr window. All raid mobs in game so even the Faydedars of the world. Each week it resets to that same 4am-8pm window.

This would allow the smaller guilds to get targets and the higher up guilds to still compete yet keep the wives happy!

Thoughts? I think it would be a crazy 16hr ride every weekend.

Daldaen
12-24-2015, 12:11 AM
1. How does this handle 3-day spawns like Trak, (eventually VS), Golems, etc. and 5-day spawns like Statue.

2. What about non-American time-zone people. 4AM-8PM is a nice window for americans, not so nice for Aussies and Asian time zones.

I like the idea behind it, but really just getting more server resets that act as a hard reset of all raid timers will fix a majority of the issues. Window in ToV or VP being spread across 5 days is really annoying/unclassic. Servers went down at least twice a month on live, resetting all boss spawns.

Tasslehofp99
12-24-2015, 12:12 AM
I still think that all "raid mobs" should be on completely random/dynamic windows and respawn times that change each week. I feel like if you had every mob in game on a completely random respawn/window timer that changes every week I think that would be alot of fun and make poopsocking virtually useless.

Make it so that everything is in window all of the time. This would force guilds to pick and choose targets instead of just camping blanket forces in 2-3 spots and making it super easy for 2-3 guilds to get all of the raid content. You couldn't cover everything all hours of the day, everyday.

or something

Fifield
12-24-2015, 12:24 AM
1. How does this handle 3-day spawns like Trak, (eventually VS), Golems, etc. and 5-day spawns like Statue.

I have no idea maybe just keep them the way they are? /shrug

And yeah I guess it would screw over the euro's and such. Sorry Euro's, didn't think of that.

captnamazing
12-24-2015, 12:28 AM
suggesting raid scene improvements is like queefing in a field of scarlet begonias

Pokesan
12-24-2015, 12:37 AM
imo i suggest all raiders grow the fuck up and go outside

Erati
12-24-2015, 12:56 AM
is this the Fifield from the video???

Vianna
12-24-2015, 12:56 AM
not classic,(not saying the current situation is) but eh its close.

It's not even close. What he proposes would actually be closer with all the patches live had.

Swish
12-24-2015, 01:56 AM
I have no idea maybe just keep them the way they are? /shrug

And yeah I guess it would screw over the euro's and such. Sorry Euro's, didn't think of that.

We got used to it, most earthquakes happen either as the casuals are going to sleep or a few hours later. Probably the reason there isn't a strong euro Ramage-esque raiding guild on blue...its just not worth all the late nights.

Oleris
12-24-2015, 03:01 AM
quake it on saturday please.

Endonde
12-24-2015, 03:33 AM
I know this post won't ever go anywhere but figured i'd speak my mind and see if anyone else agrees or disagrees.

What if all raid mobs spawned on sat or sun(I don't care which day) on a static 16hr window. All raid mobs in game so even the Faydedars of the world. Each week it resets to that same 4am-8pm window.

This would allow the smaller guilds to get targets and the higher up guilds to still compete yet keep the wives happy!

Thoughts? I think it would be a crazy 16hr ride every weekend.

I think the fact the mobs have become so spread out is pretty annoying, but just as bad as this is the amount of tracking required in Velious.

With 16 hour windows you're looking at a potential 240 hours a week worth of tracking in NToV alone, plus the fact that you need multiple people to be "tracking" for each mob. Even if the Velious mobs spawn halfway into their window you're still looking at 200+ hours of tracking a week.

The amount of tracking required in Velious just feels like way too much to me but I doubt it changes any time in the near future, if it ever changes at all.

Man0warr
12-24-2015, 03:36 AM
Just make everything an Earthquake randomly at some point of the week.

Erati
12-24-2015, 04:59 AM
quake it on saturday please.

+1

khanable
12-24-2015, 05:02 AM
Just abolish raid mobs so I can go see what other zones look like

JurisDictum
12-24-2015, 06:53 AM

All these "not classic" arguments are going seem really stupid if they go through with their apparent plan to add custom content. Custom content = complete loss of the rationale behind a lot of decisions this server made.

Edit: instances would look more like classic than the current raid scene.

Scryll
12-24-2015, 06:53 AM

alot on this server is not classic. I remember our ToV raids started 12pm every saturday and everything was always up when we started. Also Klandicar should have the same respawn window as Zlandicar and Sontalak should spawn every 2 days or something. Remember killing him 3-4 times a week. Even LTK, Gozzrem and Telkorenar should be on a 3 day cycle. Dozekar should be around 5 days

Swish
12-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Would the population be higher if there were more repops? Or would people just burn out faster once they were geared?

hamsterz
12-24-2015, 07:45 AM
shorter spawn timers or more frequent earthquakes would be nice.

or just add pop expansion

Ravager
12-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Just abolish raid mobs so I can go see what other zones look like

Someone have a gun to your head? Raid or die?

Kixx
12-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Servers went down at least twice a month on live, resetting all boss spawns.

I wish this would happen more often. Just a full server reset twice a month would make things fantastic.

Daldaen
12-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Earthquakes are the solution. Specifically, earthquakes that actually reset respawn timers.

If they could have a system to automate that, that'd be huge.

I fully expect a neckbeard sim repop either Christmas Day, when many are with their families or New Years Eve at midnight, just like last year when many are out at bars or parties.

Oleris
12-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Earthquakes are the solution. Specifically, earthquakes that actually reset respawn timers.

I fully expect a neckbeard sim repop either Christmas Day, when many are with their families or New Years Eve at midnight, just like last year when many are out at bars or parties.

quakes hard reset velious timers. No idea if Rogean just wants to intentionally space out spawns by not giving us quakes or what.

Skew
12-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Just halve variance to 8 hours and do one weekend reset once a month. Problems mostly solved.

Loanarn
12-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Reduce all spawn timers for all Mobs to the timer of their corpse if it is greater than the timer of their corpse.

Increase all player re spawn timers to the timer of their corpse rot time and no longer offer GM corpse retrieval.

Problem Solved

Stormfists
12-24-2015, 02:27 PM
I wish this would happen more often. Just a full server reset twice a month would make things fantastic.

Hah, gaaaayyyy.

JurisDictum
12-24-2015, 02:52 PM

jcr4990
12-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Drastically reducing variance (4 hour windows would be nice) and having automated earthquakes on a 2x per month or so schedule would make the raid scene WAY better. Like WAY WAY better.

Troxx
12-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Or you could make it so that each guild can only raid prime targets 2 days of the week (unlimited targets during those days) ... the days can be chosen at random. This week if you decide to make Monday and Thursday your raid days, you're shit out of luck if nice crap spawns on other days. Would force guilds to potentially opt out of killing lesser targets and save their "days" for when the big stuff comes in window. This would leave more of the lesser targets up for longer periods of time.

Maybe then the no-lifers who are on call batphone style can go outside and get some Vitamin D.

Maybe then those with lives can actually schedule a raid time and get a chance to take down content.

Just a thought ...

NGHpnotiq
12-24-2015, 05:48 PM
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/06/sad_asian-56686.gif

khanable
12-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Someone have a gun to your head? Raid or die?

Yes, pixel lust drove me away from my friends, remember? :p

Swish
12-25-2015, 04:38 AM

Ever think about starting your own server? The Velious beta GM thing seems to have lit a fire in you.