PDA

View Full Version : Greater Faydark newb mobs

Drem
11-29-2010, 03:49 PM
maybe this is wrong (and maybe this is the wrong place to post it) but this is how i remember it because i played so many damn chars thru this zone. it's basically right but not varied enough

there should be another level of bee, a level 3-5. a giant wasp worker

"a widow spider" around level 5, and the model was a larger size spider than the hatchling

"a giant bat" around lv 5 again, just like the ones in butcherblock, should be roaming around gfay

"a forest drakeling" was a tiny green drake model and was lv 3 - 5. believe they turned him into an armor quest drop and introduced fae drakes as time went on, but forest drakelings were always there iirc

and willowisps should be far less common in the newb area directly down the eastern lift at kelethin. as a bard they were a pain because they'd inevitably sneak into my chords of dissonance. i don't remember ever having to deal with willowisps every five mobs amongst the level 1 ~ 5 stuff

anyway nice work tho, it's really brilliant to play these zones and see 40 people in them again. just feels stale at level 3 ~ 4 because you're forced to fight orcs on the hill as all the other mid-level stuff doesn't exist besides a few types of pixies and the odd roaming centurion

Glorfinrod
11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Agreed, except I think drakelings were added around the time of the newbie armor quests. But I definitely remember higher level bees, bats, and spiders.

Darklake
11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Don't remember higher level WASPS in GFay, there are some in LFay though, which I do remember.

Drem
11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
its just one. there are a lot more in lfay, but gfay had a level 3 to 5 wasp worker that spawned with the newbie mobs by the lifts (and everywhere else)

Zephys
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Drem nailed it, if I recall correctly. They should hire a developer to work on the little things like this.

guineapig
11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
The various other wasp types in Gfay were also added with the newbi armor quests in Luclin.

Chanus
11-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I definitely remember the wasp and the spider, though I'm worthless when it comes to researching this stuff.

Drem
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
nah, there was a worker in gfay. iirc there was even a wasp warrior at level 7 or so. all of the wasps were later turned into armor mobs and started dropping sternites and stuff.... and the forest drakeling was definitely there. i played right before kunark was released and quit in 2001. armor quests didn't exist yet and i remember forest drakelings in gfay, ash drakelings in nektulos, and emerald drakelings in butcherblock

also i almost completely forgot another mob that needs to be in gfay:

basilisk hatchlings. lvl 7 or 8 or somethin. they were massive underconning stun-locking assholes

Drem
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
The various other wasp types in Gfay were also added with the newbi armor quests in Luclin.

they weren't added. they were always there. they had loot added to them to associate them with quests. even the wasp drone had loot added to its table in 2002

you can't just look at the first post on allakhazam and assume that's when a mob was introduced

that's just when they suddenly become important enough to ask questions about

guineapig
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
I respectfully disagree:

http://web.archive.org/web/20001213180200/eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=56

Then look at this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101129204734/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=56&mid=97124865017967

They were added later. I concede that I might be wrong about when they were added but if I recall correctly they started adding these various mobs shortly before Luclin in preparation for said newbi quests. This would explain why you remember the quest items being added later. Mobs came in one patch, quest items came in a later patch.

Pico
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
basilisk hatchlings. lvl 7 or 8 or somethin. they were massive underconning stun-locking assholes

These, along with the drakes were added with the newbie armor quests or right before. They definitely weren't in classic.

Chanus
11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Basilisk hatchlings were most definitely in Butcherblock from the beginning. That's one of my earliest memories, getting my arse handed to me by one of those.

I don't recall them in GFay in the beginning, though.

guineapig
11-29-2010, 05:18 PM
By the way Drem, you should probably mention that you didn't start playing till Kunark.
We're still on vanilla.

classic era Gfay mob list: http://web.archive.org/web/200012131....shtml?zone=56

Drem
shadowknight from the nameless

i started feb 2000. i played with crimson tempest thru parts of velious but quit whenever gamecube/xbox/ps2 were released in about nov 2001 i guess

came back and played a necromancer named Lytus in Ascentia during plane of power

My guess is you remember these mobs from when you started playing your second time aroun during PoP. It's okay man, these memory lapses happen to all of us.

Drem
11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
fair enough

it just seems extremely unvaried and stale after you're forced to fight orcs at level 4 because they're the only things in the zone higher than level 2 except a few random pixies

and, as per your webarchive post, there is a fae drake, tho it's low lv, and i've yet to see one in p99. maybe i'm just unlucky

PS that webarchive is neat, didn't know that sort of thing existed

guineapig
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Word, it's very useful for researching all sorts of things. it's tricky at times but you will get the hang of it.

I want to say that I have seen fae drake on this server in gfay... but again, memory is a funny thing, so I can't be sure.

Bubbles
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
fair enough

it just seems extremely unvaried and stale after you're forced to fight orcs at level 4 because they're the only things in the zone higher than level 2 except a few random pixies

Yup, welcome to classic.

Guineapig's right on all counts here.