PDA

View Full Version : My bind wound in combat Macro, Merry Christmas.

Lemonhead
12-25-2015, 06:56 PM
So, you can click bind wound in combat, continue fighting, and have the bind wound land. It is very helpful to be in a corner, but it can work in the open if you don't get pushed back too much. Or heal your tank while you fight. Here it is. (You enter these lines in far right tab on your actions window, for those unfamiliar with in game macro's)

/pause 2, /target "yourname"
/pause 2, /doability 1 (note: this is the second tab on actions window)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 2, /target a (see note below)
/attack on

"/target a" will target mobs such as "a wolf". You can change it to the first letter of mobs you are fighting, or you have to manually hit F8 and attack on. If anyone knows a command for targeting closest mob, please let me know =). Also, there is a bug that sometimes adds a number of spaces after "/target a" when you log. You need to delete these for it to work.

You cannot cast or med during it, but it's like 2 fungi's at 200 skill!
Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

InfiniteCascade
12-25-2015, 09:55 PM
My macro is similar. Don't use combat abilities it cancels the Bind also. Such as Kick.

/target Name
/pause 1
/doability #
/stand
/assist Name

Lemonhead
12-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Oh ya, nice assist if you're in group. Hmm, I have no trouble (monk) kicking during it though.

captnamazing
12-26-2015, 12:12 AM
Great share :)

I also made a BW chain command during my days leveling as a warrior.

/doability #
/pause 50
/doability #
/pause 50
/doability #

Looking at OP's macro, it seems like you can condense the pause timer into one line, effectively giving you 5 BWs instead of 3 per macro click. The timing may be off, as well.. it's been over a year since I used it.

Hope this helps a leveling melee out there somewhere!

Lemonhead
12-26-2015, 12:38 AM
Hi Capt,

This is not a BW chain. It's a single bindwound you can use and keep fighting in the middle of combat. It's pretty powerful. On my monk, I was able to heal ~30% per solo fight while not missing a round of combat =)

Pokesan
12-26-2015, 12:55 AM
I took screenshots of this thread, for when Llandris deletes it.

#Censorship

Troxx
12-26-2015, 07:15 AM
As a monk who has epic bound to flying kick, I just learned that I have to manually just press kick while trying to bind as epic click will cancel it.

Great macro, will make soloing much easier.

captnamazing
12-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Just sharing another nice macro :)

nineonesix
12-26-2015, 10:16 AM
This is a great macro

Lemonhead
12-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Oops, sorry capt, misunderstood. =) And ya, you guys think this is classic? /pause is in now...or /pause is on timeline now I mean.

Naethyn
12-29-2015, 04:23 PM
A+

ClubnRed
12-29-2015, 09:40 PM
Looks hard on blue, guess that pve is really tough and you exploit stuff.
Word

Lemonhead
12-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Idk, I used my smarts to make xp go slightly faster. I mean not 2x-5x faster than classic or w/e, but a little somethin. Also, I partially posted this here to see if it was an exploit/non-classic.

Also, I am very sorry if this effects pvp. I thought it wouldn't, but I guess a melee could click it in a corner, go joust, run back to corner as timer goes off. That seems impractical to me, but I guess it could effect a very skilled player a bit.

Cecily
12-30-2015, 01:36 AM
Yeah got told how do this about 3 years ago. Used it for about an hour solo and decided it was an exploit and stopped. Congrats on getting in combat binds nerfed. I for one will miss gheto CHing noobs fighting stuff.

Legi0n
12-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Oh cool, more perks to being a monk doing 95% of content solo/duo. Great workaround for being "unable" to box. 10/10

InfiniteCascade
12-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Yeah got told how do this about 3 years ago. Used it for about an hour solo and decided it was an exploit and stopped. Congrats on getting in combat binds nerfed. I for one will miss gheto CHing noobs fighting stuff.

If you thought this was a exploit then why did you not report it? I don't feel as though this is a exploit of any type, at low levels you would bind wound for about 20, mid level range about 35 and 52 at maximum, not sure how you would be CHing noobs with a 52 point heal that caps to 70% but more power to you.

Javacup
12-30-2015, 03:38 PM
An old P99 Twitch streamer used to do this to level, and Rogean watched a lot. He talked about it being an exploit, but it appears he never did anything to fix it.

Lemonhead
12-30-2015, 05:59 PM
The mechanic worked in classic. I used it on my monk manually from beginning of Kunark through early Velious; that's what made me come up with this here. I knew nothing of macros back then.

Of course me saying so means nothing. Maybe I'll do some research, but I'm not that experienced in those things.

Jimjam
12-31-2015, 06:42 AM
I thought I was the only person who knew about this one :S.

Back when Eunomia was staff, I posted a petition about it asking if I could post about it in the bug forums, but I was advised to keep it in the petition forums and not share the knowledge.

I will miss this if it gets removed!

Personally I Tab, /do (bind wound), /stand, Tab, Autoattack. 5 key strokes, but I find it works well for me.

Axlrose
12-31-2015, 08:29 AM
I set this macro up with my newbie warrior exactly as the original poster lined it up. When I attempted it during combat, the moment I went back into battle and started swinging weapons, I had the notice that I moved and the bind wound failed (something similar). As if I did not allow enough time for the bind wound to take effect.

Did I do something wrong?

Feanol
12-31-2015, 01:45 PM
Very cool.

Kremit
01-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Great share :)

I also made a BW chain command during my days leveling as a warrior.

/doability #
/pause 50
/doability #
/pause 50
/doability #

Hope this helps a leveling melee out there somewhere!

/pause 50 was too short. /pause 100 worked right on the money

Lemonhead
01-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Ya, It actually speeds up slightly with level...at 46 its like 92 or 93. Also, you can go /pause 100, /doability 2, to get 5 binds in.

The /pause, something pauses after that command.

Kremit
01-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Ya, It actually speeds up slightly with level...at 46 its like 92 or 93. Also, you can go /pause 100, /doability 2, to get 5 binds in.

The /pause, something pauses after that command.

Oh yea? i'll look forward to that then! Great tip thanks.

Cecily
01-02-2016, 11:35 PM
If you thought this was a exploit then why did you not report it? I don't feel as though this is a exploit of any type, at low levels you would bind wound for about 20, mid level range about 35 and 52 at maximum, not sure how you would be CHing noobs with a 52 point heal that caps to 70% but more power to you.

Because if they fix it, I cant use it if I really need it. Duh. It's more like 100 points and I'm pretty sure I hate you. Yes it's an exploit though. Let me elaborate. You're healing yourself during combat on a pure melee solo. That's not how those classes work, the exception being mend and that's a very long cool down. 2 or 3 binds might allow you to solo content that would otherwise kill you. It's an unintended advantage for classes that should be working with others.

Lemonhead
01-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I don't disagree with Cecily, in that this is one of those "exploits" where we are pushing the classic mechanics to the limit with something not intended by the original devs. But, to me, this seems like a lot of what p99 is about right now.

There are many examples of this: Monks with 30 insta-click roots in a bag, Warriors slowing on the reg, everyone complete healing, and perhaps most glaringly using several tricks to make AE's hit 50+ mobs without getting hit back. These all have more impact than this I would think.

I don't know, I think it's kind of cool seeing all the tricks that could have been on live, but of course, this is purely an opinion. Maybe there should be a balance to keep the game classic in spirit, rather than classic in pure mechanics. It certainly messes up game play when one character or one group is consuming an entire zone.

Naethyn
01-03-2016, 02:18 PM
The /stand is the magic here. Instead of /target a (which fails often), I've cut the macro down to these lines:

/pause 2, /doability 1
/pause 2, /stand

I find it better to hit the "Toggle last two targets" key, which retargets my last mob, and then I return attack on manually.

InfiniteCascade
01-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Because if they fix it, I cant use it if I really need it. Duh. It's more like 100 points and I'm pretty sure I hate you. Yes it's an exploit though. Let me elaborate. You're healing yourself during combat on a pure melee solo. That's not how those classes work, the exception being mend and that's a very long cool down. 2 or 3 binds might allow you to solo content that would otherwise kill you. It's an unintended advantage for classes that should be working with others.

The formula is 1 HP per 4 points of Bind Wound with skill cap of 210. Anything you fight will hit for more then what you can Bind Wound. So when using this ability you will end up taking/losing 1 attack phase which will result in the Bind Wound then being pointless unless it misses you, but even then it takes roughly 8 seconds to get the health from this ability and if for any reason you get knocked back, pushed it cancels.

Jimjam
01-04-2016, 01:06 PM
The /stand is the magic here. Instead of /target a (which fails often), I've cut the macro down to these lines:

/pause 2, /doability 1
/pause 2, /stand

I find it better to hit the "Toggle last two targets" key, which retargets my last mob, and then I return attack on manually.

if /stand gets nerfed you can also open and close a corpse window to stand up without breaking bind wound. Being hit, or hitting the sit button while it says 'stand' also works. Don't press that button when it says 'sit' though!

Naethyn
01-04-2016, 01:31 PM
The formula is 1 HP per 4 points of Bind Wound with skill cap of 210. Anything you fight will hit for more then what you can Bind Wound. So when using this ability you will end up taking/losing 1 attack phase which will result in the Bind Wound then being pointless unless it misses you, but even then it takes roughly 8 seconds to get the health from this ability and if for any reason you get knocked back, pushed it cancels.

While the numbers may seem insignificant, lets put it into perspective. A Fungi heals about 150 hp per minute. Max Bind Wound heals 52 hp every 10 seconds or 520 health per minute.

Malik_Gynax
01-04-2016, 05:09 PM
While the numbers may seem insignificant, lets put it into perspective. A Fungi heals about 150 hp per minute. Max Bind Wound heals 52 hp every 10 seconds or 520 health per minute.

It's cool that there are now 100 seconds in every minute.

Naethyn
01-04-2016, 05:13 PM
It's cool that there are now 100 seconds in every minute.

Haha math ok

InfiniteCascade
01-04-2016, 07:57 PM

A better perspective would be looking at how much you could expect to actually heal during a fight using it in comparison to what you could heal.

blondeattk
01-05-2016, 04:09 AM
If you have an item with a bind wound skill modifier that takes your skill over 200

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5950#m108013808032058

anything in classic, or those items added later on?

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
03-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Anyone having trouble with this macro? It's bugging like crazy for me that started today.

Jimjam
03-02-2016, 12:59 AM
Have you tried doing it manually by tab targeting using a bind wound hot button and /stand social hot key?

There was a lot of server lag yesterday for me, which always messes everything up.

Lemonhead
03-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Check if some spaces were added after /target a. That's the consistent bug with this. I have to delete them everytime I log in.

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
03-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll try those out when I get on today.

razrparasyte
03-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Does anyone else get hammered between the /pause 2 and /stand? During that /pause 2 while I'm still technically sitting, the mob always powerhouses me for double max hit.

Malik_Gynax
03-02-2016, 12:04 PM
You can time your bind between the mob's attack cycles to avoid this.

Lemonhead
03-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Hmm, intersting with mobs max hitting you. That's new with a recent patch (poor druids). You might also try lowering that pause to 1, or even the other pauses. I created this on a pretty poor computer. I'm not even sure you need all of the pauses.

vincenthg
03-03-2016, 08:48 AM
/pause xx,/another command

seems doesn't work on p99?

Jimjam
03-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Works fine for me. The pause begins just before the /anothercommand is activated, but does not delay /anothercommand.

So
/pause 60,/cast 1
/pause 60,/cast 1
/pause 60,/cast 1
/pause 60,/cast 1
/cast 1
(where 1 is healing spell)

would cast your heal every 6 seconds (allowing you to sit/stand manually between casts to catch each meditate tick).

I don't recall taking max hits while bandaging. Perhaps the person with this problem is getting their character to sit instead of getting their character to stand?

Whirled
03-03-2016, 10:36 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227019

Haynar: Clients will be hit for max when sitting (again).

Jimjam
03-03-2016, 12:12 PM
but bandaging isn't sitting? is it? med and improved regen don't trigger while bandaging.

Whirled
03-03-2016, 12:15 PM
^I read that as it was, since I also got hit harder when bandaging mid combat.
Maybe I just have bad RNG luck /shrug

razrparasyte
03-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Based on the fact that the OP's macro has /stand in it, I'd guess that you are considered to be sitting while bandaging

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Anyone use this macro and been trying it in last day or so? Did it get "fixed"? I see my self and see the text say "you begin to bandage yourself" but then there is no completion text or if it failed...It works when I'm out of combat and try it but if I'm fighting I'm not getting that text. Can anyone confirm it's still working while engaged with a mob?

Jimjam
04-13-2016, 02:03 AM
Casting while bandaging will cause the bandaging to fail with no message.

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
04-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Good copy! thanks.