PDA

View Full Version : duo fungi king in water at ledge? exploit or no?

syztem
12-30-2015, 01:39 AM
So I remember months back pre velious, Sirken was death touching people doing this and telling them it was off limits because its not allowed due to the way you can single pull ph/king always with no adds. People are still doing this to date, and for weeks at a time with no interference or GM show up. Is this one GMs personal rule, or are people free to do it whenever they want now?

Just curious, people are cranking out fungi's nonstop this way again.

ManuelThePopStar
12-30-2015, 01:54 AM
The guys doing this have been doin it for about 8-12 hrs a day several days a weeks for the last 2 months.

I wouldn't try it yourself unless you're personal friends with the staff though

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-30-2015, 02:14 AM
It's a scummy camp loc, and no way was it ever meant, one could farm the mob in such a fashion.

But I highly doubt CSR at this stage in the life of p99 gives a single fuck. The only ameliorating consideration is, it is not like fungi's drop like candy and 65k is maybe even easier to just go out and grindfarm anyway.

Still, if I was a younger man, I would move a full group further in and claim the camp, because really, fuck that weak camp spot bullshit.

BeautBabeC
12-30-2015, 02:14 AM
This is legal fwiw

georgie
12-30-2015, 02:21 AM
legal, seen "illegal" documentation proving so.

sorry you had to bail

The real question is why hasn't haynar fixed this?

Raev
12-30-2015, 03:01 AM
So I remember months back pre velious, Sirken was death touching people doing this and telling them it was off limits because its not allowed due to the way you can single pull ph/king always with no adds. People are still doing this to date, and for weeks at a time with no interference or GM show up. Is this one GMs personal rule, or are people free to do it whenever they want now?

Just curious, people are cranking out fungi's nonstop this way again.

People have been cranking out fungis nonstop for 6 years now. Back in the day any two knuckledraggers could invis pull the king to the tube room. Probably thousands have dropped by now (would be pretty funny to see the SQL query on who has farmed the most). I had a thread about how people should be allowed to move into the spore king's area even if some farmers were in the tube room, and god some people just blew their minds.

Tankdan
12-30-2015, 03:32 AM
I've seen differing rulings on it depending on who you ask, but generally you wont get a ruling at all if you were to petition. And lets be honest, 9 times out of 10, the people petitioning just want the camp to themselves and I think Guides/GMs are aware of that.

If they have the camp, leave them be.

syztem
12-30-2015, 05:11 AM
I wasn't saying anything about the camp, more to the fact it was deemed an exploit by sirken and he was death touching people he found doing it and telling them to properly fight it or don't do it at all. Yes I realize back in the old days you could invis/calm pull him solo up through the wall. I only posted because for 2-3 weeks a GM made this public knowledge it was off limits, and everyone backed off and had to resort to groups to farm it. Now that hes been a bit mia, people are using it to abuse this again kill 1 mob/king, camp out afk log back in.

ManuelThePopStar
12-30-2015, 09:06 AM
People have been cranking out fungis nonstop for 6 years now. Back in the day any two knuckledraggers could invis pull the king to the tube room. Probably thousands have dropped by now (would be pretty funny to see the SQL query on who has farmed the most). I had a thread about how people should be allowed to move into the spore king's area even if some farmers were in the tube room, and god some people just blew their minds.

Ahhh yes. Another great example of the entitled P99 endgame raider.

Blitzers
12-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Make the Fungi no drop, problem solved. EVIL MIND muhahahahaha

syztem
12-30-2015, 11:01 AM
no drop fungi sounds good to me, easy enough to key and park a level 1-60 alt down there to loot it. just curious if anything will be done about it, so far been able to run these guys off with a few rogues since duoing the PH let alone the spore king is hard enough as it is. But on red if no one is watching they can easily farm fungi's for 8hrs+ uninterrupted. Just really want an official wording on it if its allowed now, or these people are just getting lucky by doing it when no GMs are around.

georgie
12-30-2015, 03:57 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150637&highlight=Pulling+king+water

Move to resolved.

C u in seb

Keep in mind the exploit they are speaking on is " not being hit by King or ph"

Ele
12-30-2015, 04:08 PM
I had a thread about how people should be allowed to move into the spore king's area even if some farmers were in the tube room, and god some people just blew their minds.

+1

people willing to camp the shroom room should get priority over tube room or pond campers

Colgate
12-30-2015, 04:59 PM
have personally been confronted by sirken, instructing me to tell my guild members not to pull anything to that safe island because "it's an exploit" (even though it's not) or he would start suspending people

this was after deathtouching an entire group there and removing the fungi tunic from the spore king that was up

pulling into the water where it won't cast/attack/flee is different tho i guess

georgie
12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
it attacks, flees, and casts.

oh and gets healed by the outer mobs 8-)

Colgate
12-30-2015, 05:32 PM
yea idk i never tried pulling it into the water, just heard rumors of people doing it because it wouldn't do some number of the listed things

regardless staff thinks that entire area should be off limits due to considering it an exploit

even tho there isn't any exploit involved in pulling and fighting mobs on that island

Ragnaros
12-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Yeah, its not an exploit and whoever argues that it is clearly is knowledgeable about game mechanics or hasn't done any testing on live.
Haynar has confirmed that he tested on live and when he pulled it into the water it,
A) Casted, Attacked, Enraged, and Fled when it was low on health - WORKING AS INTENDED ON P99
B) Got healed by other mobs, most specifically the adept- WORKING AS INTENDED ON P99
C) Did not aggro any mobs that were roaming outside of the water - WORKING AS INTENDED ON P99

Also ive borrowed accounts and spectated the fungi camps on blue, and even when they clear the zone out and pull it there, they still pull it the same way over the water, to get it single.