PDA

View Full Version : "Heretic" Evil Erudites

billycub
11-30-2010, 03:29 AM
So... when were evil Erudites introduced on the live servers? I see I can't create an erudite necromancer. What other combos showed up at the same time?

I vaguely remember The Warrens being new at one point. Was that zone added at the same time?

ChairmanMauzer
11-30-2010, 05:42 AM
I have an Erudite Necromancer saving the name for my future Iksar Necromancer and Paineel is already in the game. I don't know what your problem is.

macaaron
11-30-2010, 10:00 AM
I myself have a erudite necromancer char, and I see all kinds of erudite necromancers running around toxx while playing my erudite paladin so not sure what you mean by you cant create one.

Adair
11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
When did The Warrens get introduced on live anyway? I remember spending a lot of time there.

guineapig
11-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Google has all your answers...

But since you asked:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Release march 16, 1999

-open plane of fear
-remove lustrous russet , amygdalan warriors
-remove cryosilk robe , spinechiller spiders
-remove bladestorm

-open plane of hate

-remove Thex Dagger - original silent watch shield quest reward

-remove box of abu kar, return marfen binkdurple prekunark

SEPTEMBER 13, 1999
-High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage.

OCTOBER 13, 1999

-open temple of solusek ro
-open Plane of Sky
-remove rubicite from ct, replace with ravenscale
-remove guise of the deceiver from assassin, replace with mask of deception
-remove manastone, evil eye
-remove Scimitar of the Mistwalker, vox
-remove jboots from najena, readd hasten and AC

DECEMBER 1, 1999
-Summon Waterstone (Magician) has been added to the game.

DECEMBER 14, 1999
-The new Necromancer spell, Summon Corpse, is now live and functioning as intended.

FEBRUARY 3, 2000
-All spells that grant levitation will no longer function in the Plane of Sky.

FEBRUARY 17, 2000
-nerf mistwalker pet to dissipate after 1 round of combat
-open paineel (we starting with it open i think? )

APRIL 10, 2000
-The Terror Mask will now cast "Fear" instead of "Call of Bones" as previously announced. The "Call of Bones" effect was placed on this item by mistake.

-staff of forbidden rites - needs to be changed to ultra rare at some point

To Unlock Kunark:
-Lord Nagafen
-Lady Vox
-Phinigel Autropos
-Cazic Thule
-Innoruuk
-Noble Dojorn

Kunark april 24, 2000
-Reinstate Burning Rapier to updated stats. 7/20 effect:ignite
APRIL 28, 2000
-Due to a feature within the zone, players can no longer bind within Timorous Deep. This functionality was intended in the zone prior to launch, as binding presents a possible balance issue. Players who are already bound in this zone will retain their binding location until they bind someplace else.

MAY 7, 2000
-Gem Encrusted Ring removed from forest loop loottable

MAY 12, 2000
-increase gate guard stats, increase spawn time of city guards from 6 minutes to 20 minutes (nerf guard hunting)

MAY 16, 2000
Increased the number of frightfingers in the Plane of Fear. Previously only 3 frightfingers would pop per respawn. (haha, already done)

MAY 25, 2000
-The Runed Fighter's Staff, previously usable by Monks and Warriors, has been restricted to Monks only. The statistics on this staff are much more powerful than normally allowed for warriors. This change is retroactive and will be reflected on items currently in inventory. Though we strive to avoid negatively adjusting items after they have been earned, this item presented a balance issue, making the change necessary. We apologize to warriors that currently own this weapon. Runed Fighter's Staff replaced with imbued fighters staff

JUNE 15, 2000
-The Staff of Temperate Flux and the Rod of Insidious Glamour now have a short casting time associated with their activatable effect

JUNE 22, 2000
-hole opens
-Vox and Nagafen receive banishment ability

JULY 19, 2000
-nerf deepwater helm effect
-nerf donals vambraces effect
-You can no longer cast invisibility on any pet.

JULY 20, 2000
-/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

AUGUST 9, 2000
-Rangers, Paladins, and SKs now have mana equivalent to that of a pure caster with the same stats. This will give those hybrids a good deal more mana, regardless of their stats

SEPTEMBER 19, 2000
-Mosscovered Twig nerfed into Mosscovered Branch
-Barbed Scale Whip nerfed to offhand only

-EPIC QUESTS - We are pleased to announce that we have implemented new "Fiery Avenger" style quests for every class in the game (including paladins). The ultimate reward for each quest boasts a custom model with unique particle effects. We think that you will be pleased.

NOVEMBER 15, 2000
-Repaired the Forager Bag. It was causing people to lose weight when placing items in the bag. It is supposed to have a weight reduction component, but was not supposed to cause weight loss.

NOVEMBER 29, 2000
-The Monk's hand-to-hand skill cap has been raised to a level equal to their one-handed blunt skill.

-remove locket of escape

-Rod of Annihilation - rare beyond belief then removed- caretaker, sebilis
-remove Blade of the Black Dragon Eye, replace on loot table as Blade of the Green Dragon Eye
-Circlet of Shadow nerfed to circlet of shadows
-Jade Chokidai Prod - was originally war/rng/shd/brd/rog/shm, nerfed to shmn only

To unlock Velious:
-Hoshkar
-Venril Sathir
-Talendor
-Gorenaire
-Severilous
--------------------------------------------------------

Warrens came after all that....
March of 2001 to be exact.

billycub
12-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Weird, last night I could have sworn it wouldn't let me create the erudite necromancer. Must have been me.

billycub
12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Nope, just tried again -- Titanium client will NOT let me create an Erudite Necromancer. It's greyed out. Nec is only available on character creation screen for:

Dark Elf, Froglok, Iksar, Gnome, Human.

zebin
12-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Just checked, and the server will let me make evil erudite.

That screenshot has a different look than my character creation screen. How did you get the window background to be transparent? Have you altered any files in your titanium client?

That looks like the velious UI background, but the UI shouldn't be loading until you log in with a character. If you've been making changes to your UI directly in the /default folder I'd try to reset the UI first. Rename your default folder to something else. The game should generate a new /default. See if that works. edit: You'll need to re-extract the uichanges files into the /default folder after this step.

If that doesn't work, I'd do a reinstall of the titanium client, and re-download the eqchanges and uichanges files from the p1999 site, just to make sure you have the current ones.

If you still have the problem after a reinstall, then the client isn't the issue. Make a thread in the petition & bug forums.

billycub
12-01-2010, 02:06 AM
I switched the skin back to Default, but it's still busted. I probably broke something; I'll reinstall Titanium and add the patches.

*sigh*

Lazortag
12-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Nope, just tried again -- Titanium client will NOT let me create an Erudite Necromancer. It's greyed out. Nec is only available on character creation screen for:

Dark Elf, Froglok, Iksar, Gnome, Human.

The problem is that you did the graphics update, which doesn't include zones for Paineel. You need the old zone files that have the word "paineel" in it that you hopefully backed up.

zebin
12-01-2010, 02:43 AM
The problem is that you did the graphics update, which doesn't include zones for Paineel. You need the old zone files that have the word "paineel" in it that you hopefully backed up.

I'm curious, what graphics update? Are you talking about the high resolution textures?

Bodeanicus
12-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Evil Erudites were always in. You started in Toxxulia, and your trainer was in one of the houses there.

billycub
12-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Bingo! That fixed it. Are any other zone files missing from the graphics update? Weird that *just* paineel is busted.

Pringles
12-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Bingo! That fixed it. Are any other zone files missing from the graphics update? Weird that *just* paineel is busted.

Copy your originals for backup, then copy the new ones in - overwrite existing, but your non updated ones will still be there. No sense in removing them if you dont have a replacement for it?