PDA

View Full Version : Tailoring Question

Kaffee
01-01-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm a blacksmith (180) looking to complete my mastery. What would be the best zone to farm low quality skins and pelts for the leather padding I need to continue my education? The Commonlands seem ok, but everyone seems to be there. Misty Thicket seems good too.

Are there better areas to farm?

Axlrose
01-01-2016, 01:44 PM
From my experiences, all my characters were drawn eventually to East Commonlands to gain the pelts and skins. The spidering silks will be a sticking point too, with numerous places to farm those in the quantities needed.

Or you can purchase them from someone selling the completed set in the tunnel.

Seredoc
01-01-2016, 01:51 PM
karanas

wolves, cats and bears all available(or lowbies killing that usually only loot HQ skins if anything) and tons of spiders.

General low pop except maybe a bard or a few druids every now and then

Rararboker
01-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Rathe mtns. So, so, sooooo many bears.

TheFaceless
01-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Everfrost Peaks is great. You can kill the low wolves/bears and spiderlings in newb area for LQ/MQ/HQ and even polar bear skins, and the spiderlings for spiderling silk. They go down so fast, and drop just as regularly as any other animal. I would run a circle through the newbie area and all the way through into the tundra where you can kill regular polar bears, snow leopards, and spiders (for regular silk this time). I just killed everything in the tundra to spawn other stuff. Can kill mammoths if you want for additional pp as well, or just go after tradeskill stuff. I found the newbie area respawned by the time you circled around the tundra. It's easier if you're a melee or pet class obviously, and there is a bank just a zone away that you will pass as you do the circle through newb area. Only problem is it sucks to get there. Either fire pots in timorous deep or gotta run from North Karana.

Other options as suggested are East Commonlands, but often there are other people there taking spawns. Easy to do if you have stuff to sell. Rathe Mountains is great, but only for bear pelts. You will fill up on grizzly bear pelts for the Raider skullcap quickly, but they're hard to sell I'd recommend just letting them rot.

Daywolf
01-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Southern parts of NK and northern parts of SK, pref with a ranger for tracking and fast melee killing. Or a higher level druid with a good weapon and DS. EK at where the HHK ramp starts for tons of silk, no tracking needed. Yeah my second pick would be everfrost peaks, though imo karanas are better especially if you have a ranger for just non-stop looting... though so fast EK silks will slow down, but still faster than the peaks due to multiple drops. If you are serious about tailoring, I'd suggest rolling a ranger and lvl him to ~20, though a drui in the 30's will work almost as well.