PDA

View Full Version : So are there PuG raids at all?

littlebobby3
01-14-2016, 08:00 PM
im just curious if there are any PuG grps for lets say PoFear or Sky trash stuff? or is all of it pretty much all locked down for the guilds?

Daldaen
01-14-2016, 08:06 PM
PoHate will occasionally have a raid to clear minis / Inny.

PoGrowth will occasionally have one during the clear before Tunare.

PoFear / Sky haven't really had open raids since Velious launched, very few reasons left to raid those zones, and those few reasons people generally prefer to keep them to their own guildmates.

Kael Arena used to be often an open raid sort of situation but people seem to mostly be done with that.

Generally speaking, most anything you'd want to raid is guild/alliance only territory.

littlebobby3
01-14-2016, 08:24 PM
well i dont necessarily want to raid but would like some Necro loot off the trash in Fear as i dont have the time to dedicate to a raid guild

Daldaen
01-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Very few guilds clear the zone anymore because of better gear available in Growth, Kael, and ToV.

Every week though, when Cazic spawns, guilds will AoE the zone of all the trash mobs and then proceed to kill CT. *If* you're lucky enough to be around when he spawns and you can get there before the zone is AE'd dead, I don't think any guild participating would mind if you looted the Boogeymen in the train while they're dealing with CT. Last week I know we had a Blighted Robe rot on us.

Unfortunately CT has a window of 16 hours and can spawn at any time during that window and within about 5-10min of spawning the zone has been rounded up and AE'd and the corpses rot within 7.5minutes. So basically you would have to constantly do a /who Fearplane, and be camped/bound nearby. Porting to Druid ring and running to Fear takes longer than 7minutes and corpses will have rotted by then.

Sorry I can't provide better news! You're likely better off aiming for Kael Quested Coldain gear rather than Blighted with low play time.

littlebobby3
01-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Kael Quested gear? is that the turn in gear? guess i should be working on my faction then

and i rarely have time to make plat too so i dont think that will help much pretty sure those MQs are expensive

maurilax
01-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately CT has a window of 16 hours and can spawn at any time during that window and within about 5-10min of spawning the zone has been rounded up and AE'd and the corpses rot within 7.5minutes. So basically you would have to constantly do a /who Fearplane, and be camped/bound nearby. Porting to Druid ring and running to Fear takes longer than 7minutes and corpses will have rotted by then.

haha, this is essentially the same as joining a raid guild

Lifebar
01-14-2016, 10:32 PM
i dont have the time to dedicate to a raid guild

Sure you do. You're just confusing the top end Rampage/Forsaken and associated partner guilds with smaller casual guilds that can and do enjoy a ton of content. There is a LOT of middle in Velious and things have really opened up in the raid scene.

Finding a guild with no attendance requirements where you can participate as a full member--even if you only play once a week--is not too difficult. Check out Guild Discussion (http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18), do some research and talk to some people. There is a great fit out there that will match your playstyle and schedule! =)

Tupakk
01-15-2016, 12:50 AM
Azure Guard, Blackheart Pirates, Kittens, Clue, and Fires are all good starter guilds. ( in no particular order ) to join the Lower Planar raids.

Alternatively if you join Dial a Port and learn what comes in window and when it makes it that much easier to have your necro parked at PoF ent and when you see an influx of people being ported to Feerrott just pop on your necro and hop on the loot train.

Bonus is you make money on ports and can get your necro gear. Its a win win.

littlebobby3
01-15-2016, 03:41 AM
well that makes me feel better, im still farming kunark stuff cuz i just figured all the velious things are locked down.

i remember raids take a long time but yeah i have kids and a job so i dont know when i get to play or for how long> but ill look into it ... and its not that i am bad, there are just things i have yet to learn. :D

Nuggie
01-15-2016, 05:14 AM
Yea man, I wouldn't worry too much. there are guilds of all sorts raiding all levels of content right now.

Like Lifebar said, talk to some people.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Find a guild. Explain you have playtime limits, and I guarantee you more than a few good guilds will say, sure np, as long as you can play your class and follow instructions during any raids you might attend and be a team player.

Don't be shy. Get in a guild and have some fun, even if it is only a couple nights a week.

Gimp
01-15-2016, 10:18 AM
im just curious if there are any PuG grps for lets say PoFear or Sky trash stuff? or is all of it pretty much all locked down for the guilds?

PoG is usually announced on this forum. Not too many necros around, so shouldn't be too much competition for drops. That's your best bet imo

Lifebar
01-15-2016, 03:58 PM
i have kids and a job so i dont know when i get to play or for how long

Don't sweat it. I know a lot of people in this exact situation who are in guilds that are 100% okay with both limited attendance and needing to leave raids/planar clears sddenly due to RL. Just let them know what's up in advance. GL!

azeth
01-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Just a PSA - you don't have to be a neckbeard to raid with Rampage.

Our neckbeards ARE our MVPs, let's make that clear. But you don't have to play 40 hours a week to be part of the best guild to ever play classic EverQuest.

Tupakk
01-15-2016, 05:14 PM

Our neckbeards ARE our MVPs, let's make that clear. But you don't have to play 40 hours a week to be part of the best guild to ever play classic EverQuest.

Everyone Knows Dial a Port is the best guild ever you know this maaaaannnnn.

littlebobby3
01-21-2016, 12:14 AM
PoG is usually announced on this forum. Not too many necros around, so shouldn't be too much competition for drops. That's your best bet imo

who normally runs PoG and when?

heartbrand
01-21-2016, 01:01 AM

only 1 guild on p99 gets 100% of all the raid mobs every single week and it aint rampage

Expediency
01-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Dial a Port, Blackheart Pirates, Kittens, Clue, and Fires are all good starter guilds.

Fixed it for you

Tupakk
01-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Fixed it for you

Lol we are no starter raiding guild. We are in the money making busniess.

Gimp
01-21-2016, 11:46 AM
who normally runs PoG and when?

Rampage/Taken and it used to be every other weekend, but with most of ToV happening in that timeframe now, I honestly couldn't tell you when the next one will happen. Would just keep an eye on forums during the weekend. Its always announced slightly ahead of time.

Spyder73
01-21-2016, 12:05 PM

There is a DEEZ raid this weekend if you are interested

azeth
01-21-2016, 01:12 PM
only 1 guild on p99 gets 100% of all the raid mobs every single week and it aint rampage

i have no idea why you're posting in the blue section

Malbolshia
01-21-2016, 01:30 PM

But you do require level 60 minimum right? You do also require a minimum amount of resists across all schools too right? That would require quite a bit of coin to buy up all the +resist gear needed to be able to even have a slot in your raid right?

Both of which take a pretty large investment of time and coin to be able to join.

Expediency
01-21-2016, 02:29 PM
But you do require level 60 minimum right? You do also require a minimum amount of resists across all schools too right? That would require quite a bit of coin to buy up all the +resist gear needed to be able to even have a slot in your raid right?

Both of which take a pretty large investment of time and coin to be able to join.

I cant speak for Rampage but I know there are plenty of guilds that can do the majority of kunark/velious content that have no gear requirements and a 46+ level requirement.

Some content in velious requires most classes be 55+ to join the raid but not the guild.

Raev
01-21-2016, 02:41 PM

Pretty easy when your guild includes 100% of all players on the server. I always laugh when Red players come over to the Blue forums to flaunt their insecurity. Also I skimmed Cyren's Life Story and it really seems like you have quite some number of toxic players in your guild.

The idea that in order to be in a high end guild you need to be jobless and have 80%+ attendance to make it is wrong and stupid.

Velious raiding has basically reverted to Kunark style: get batphone, log on for 10 minutes, log off. So you don't need to PLAY a huge number of hours per week, but you do need to be AVAILABLE for a large number of hours per week. For example, I work from home so it's pretty easy for me to AFK in the tunnel or periodically kill Sirens while waiting for a batphone, then hop on and off.

Also, at this point I think it's becoming tracking uber alles. Pretty much everything needs a bind sight tracker now, so the amount of tracking hours needed is getting pretty sick. If you join Rampage and don't track at all and show up 20% of the time, you aren't going to get much in the way of pixels.

If I were you I'd talk to one of Azure Guard / Omni / Europa. They do most Kunark content (outside of VP) plus Vindi and Halls of Testing IIRC. The Dragon Quest gear in particular is quite nice and not that hard to acquire.

Troxx
01-21-2016, 03:49 PM
True pickup raids are fewer and farther between these days. The most consistent one I've seen are PoG trash clears for a larger guild that wants to down Tunare but not spend 8-12 dedicated guild raid hours to clear all the nonsense prior to the goddess herself. In p99s recent history, Omni has also hosted other raids. I've seen more than a few Kael arena and plate house open (ish) raids in the last few months, but you generally have to seek those out and be in the Velious area.

There are several guilds on p99 at the lower end that have very relaxed everything. Their names have already been mentioned. It all depends on what you want. If you have your eye set on competitive content, there are guilds for that as well.

Blackheart Pirates was mentioned by name. I'm an officer so feel free to shoot me a tell (I play euro hours) if you're interested in finding a more relaxed home that still provides opportunity to raid and progress here and there. Alternately, the majority of our playerbase and officers are more active during US hours and primetime. We focus on epic fights, kael arena and platehouse, planes, and ... well ... really any viable target that happens to be up that is within the scope of whatever we and our partner guilds are capable of downing.

Regarding guilds and raid attendance, even the higher tier guilds can be accommodating with lower attendance percentiles. The most important thing for most guilds I'd wager isn't your overall raid attendance, but your willingness to drop what you're doing and mobilize should a guild event be called while you're online.

-If you know how to play your character and you're the type of person willing to help out when you can and real life allows, you'd probably we welcomed with open arms to most guilds.
-If you're the type of person that would prefer to stay on an alt or prefer to stay in a random xp group when the guild needs your assistance ... well ... not so much.

Daldaen
01-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Just imagine if bind spots are removed in ToV and CotHing is banned from raid zones, a la VP.

A Yelinak engage with no CotH, would be absolutely HILARIOUS.

ToV pulls without bind spots would be extremely fun for the first few weeks.

But honestly... I just wish all spawn Windows would go away and be replaced by sim repops.

Erati
01-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Can they be programmed in to do sim repops so that a person wouldn't have to pull the plug to make a repop?

this would make P99 way too popular - cant have that much fun happening each couple of weeks !