PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen

Soaloam
01-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Hello all!

So I down loaded all of the project 99 files and did everything to the t" and registered my account with the eq emulator and all that. Didn't patch and just ran the titanium launcher. It all goes well until I click the server I want to play on then it goes to a black screen and hangs...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Soaloam

Daywolf
01-20-2016, 05:37 AM
Either 1. connection problems, or 2. the client isn't compatible with your system... or 3. something else.
1. Check your connection.
2. I'd recommend using WinEQ 2 lite edition. There is no client patch for the client, it's over 10yrs old (Titanium), WinEQ 2 resolves a lot of issues.
3. Look deeper and/or provide more info.

Pope Hat
01-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Post in the technical discussion forums, more likely to get more responses.

Varren
01-20-2016, 07:22 PM
I had an issue like this that was solved by fixing the resolution in some .ini file

Good luck

Yaskin
01-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Shift + enter I think will take you out of full screen mode.

That is likely the problem.

Either that or add
WindowedMode=true
In Eqclient.ini inside your eq directory

bloodmuffin
01-22-2016, 01:46 PM
I think WinEQ does it automaticallyfor you but make sure to use one core. You can do it manually through task manager as well, set affinity and make sure one core is selected. Fixed the blackscreen, video issues, and zone crashing for me.

mgellan
01-22-2016, 02:06 PM
I had an issue like this that was solved by fixing the resolution in some .ini file

Good luck

Normally having the wrong resolution in your eqclient.ini file will cause a memory exception error, not a blank screen, but it's the #1 error people run into, might be worth a try to check it and make sure the resolution settings match your screen ie

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
Width=1920
Height=1080

Regards,
Mg

Junebug99
01-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Alt Enter works for me usually but has a chance to crash your game. If you type /camp it zones you and should refresh the black screen, hope this helps.