PDA

View Full Version : Faction ... faction vs fiction?

Troxx
01-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Word on the street is that general giants outside Kael in Wakening lands gives a larger faction hit. According to the wiki this is hit or miss. Compared to Live where faction is reported with a raw numerical value ... general giants in WL are the same as EW and GD with few exceptions.

What's the general consensus?

If faction hits for trash giants is the same per kill, it would make sense that the mindless slaughter of lower level giants in GD and Iceclad is the most efficient way for a solo person. If the faction hits are indeed greater for trash in WL ... perhaps thats the best.

Thoughts?

icedwards
01-20-2016, 01:43 PM
An hour or two clearing giants can take you from kos to amiable. Tack on another couple hours and you'll hit ally no problem. I can't comment on whether the giants are better in WL but clearing the three camps, plus named giants and random sentinels along the kael wall is super effecient when you have a large kill squad.

Keep an eye out while statue is in window, most guilds competing for that kill will be outside farming faction rather than simply camping out inside.

Monty405
01-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Yes, WL near Kael entrance is the place to be to faction.

Daldaen
01-20-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm guessing the NPCs Tomekeeper / Toxonomist currently have bugged values allowing you to grind it quickly.

There isn't any evidence this camp was ever useful for faction on live.

Monty405
01-20-2016, 02:05 PM
I feel like even the green cons have a great faction value.

Troxx
01-20-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm guessing the NPCs Tomekeeper / Toxonomist currently have bugged values allowing you to grind it quickly.

And that's the rub. I just checked on live and generic giant faction kills in WL give +1 coldain and -2 giant faction.

Some of the named give like +3/-7. I wouldn't be surprised if the values here are different - that's why i'm seeking input :)

Word of mouth thus far has been that WL grinding is more faction points per kill, but slower kill times (unless you've got 4-6 high level people keeping it all literally dead in either location).

Man0warr
01-20-2016, 04:26 PM

What are those NPCs even for? Can't find any info on them on Allakhazam.

nyclin
01-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Tomekeeper is for the dragonbane/Porlos' Fury quest, not sure about the Toxonomist

Pyrocat
01-20-2016, 07:01 PM

I don't think those have bugged values. I don't even think the giants outside of WL have bugged values. They're just lower level, have a quick respawn, and there are a lot of them near each other so they are exceptionally easy to grind. You kill giants MUCH faster than GD (where they're spread out and maybe[?] higher level). It's EASILY faster than Arena groups because those mobs have so much more HP and pulls take longer. It's even arguably faster than Plate cycle, as the higher level mobs in that take a while to kill unless you have a good DPS group.

I think 1-2 hours from kos to amiable is an exaggeration. It took me about 10 hours of WL grinding (sometimes with a group, sometimes solo) and a couple small arena groups to go from kos to ally with CoV. There is some evidence that Kromriff (bearded) giants give more +Coldain than +CoV though, so it might be quicker if you're trying to get ally Coldain.

Troxx
01-21-2016, 04:41 PM
It just dawned on me ... I should have titled this thread

"Faction ... Faction vs Fiction?"

H'yuck

Tameth
01-21-2016, 04:44 PM
I like the way this feels

Sirken
01-21-2016, 05:55 PM
It just dawned on me ... I should have titled this thread

"Faction ... Faction vs Fiction?"

H'yuck

FTFY ;)

mropey
01-21-2016, 06:17 PM
FTFY ;)

$

Monty405
01-22-2016, 08:47 AM
All i know is with a group of people doing the WL giant cycle fast enough to keep all spawns down I went from Indifferent to CoV to Ally in 90 minutes.