PDA

View Full Version : Druid solo leveling guide?

Crone
12-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Did a few forum searches, and wasn't able to find anything. Anyone have any suggestions from say.. 20ish al the way to 50?

Thanks.

Plurr
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Did a few forum searches, and wasn't able to find anything. Anyone have any suggestions from say.. 20ish al the way to 50?

Thanks.

go to Everfrost kill mammoths and make your way to spec's or dwarf quads when u can, stay until 50

Taluvill
12-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Thats not a bad list that he had above. specs, hill giants, or dwarves will take you all the way to 50 from 34.

From 20-34 I would group, only because soloing isn't really the best catch because of the dots you have available to you. You can go solo Craig spiders in EK for awhile at 20, although they may be greening out to you. SAme thing with kiting orcs at orc highway in oasis.
Im almost positive KFC in SK would be good for you post 24, when you get your new dot. Later in your 20's, closer to 29, the giant skeletons in Rathe mountains are excellent experience. Post 34, its giants, specs, or dwarves through 50. good money camps too.

Zapatos
12-03-2010, 02:04 PM
How crowded is High Keep goblins/nobles here? If it's empty, or even if you would be open to grouping, you can fly from 20-50 in that same zone.

Crone
12-03-2010, 02:05 PM
My experience from other toons is that the goblin are always camped. That might be a good grouping experience there until get a few better spells to solo. But can a Druid solo there? I know shamans do really well because they root rot.. I guess Druids can do the same thing. Hmm.. nice!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Taluvill
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I would suggest not root rotting in a place like the high keep dungeon because you have no where to go really if root breaks, although its doable if you don't get adds, druids have a horrible mana efficiency. I'd suggest trying something like this when you get your new dot at 24, it will make all the difference.

Kassel
12-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Mama's in EF till 32, Gnolls and others in SK till 35. Gnome or dwarf gaurds till 48

Specs/HGs/Ice giants/SF's can get you to 50, but you may want to get into a group at this point

Adair
12-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't want to detract from the OP but this seems like the best place to ask - could an underequipped (first character :D) level 10 druid take the lower level siren camp in OOT? I remember it being great exp and a very relaxing solo camp 9-14ish on live but I want to check before I venture out there and get slaughtered.

quellren
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Adair, Probably not at 10. Maybe, but it'd be rough. If you do the goblins on the same isle until 12, then you could move to sirens til 15-16.
I did this with my shaman who wore banded/rawhide and a fine steel spear with no problems.

Pikle
12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
There are a ton of places to solo as a druid from 20-50. I would suggest SK for sure because you have so many options. Aviaks, Centaurs, random wanderers, then mid 20's you can hit up outside paw and the higher lvl mobs in SK. Also a great place is rathe mountains, the giant skele's, cyclops, hill giants and other mobs there are great around the 30's. I would look for places where there isn't as much competition for mobs too. Like undead in Kith at night, EK/NK griffs, mammoths are great in Everfrost too. You can always root/rot in a lot of places, and I believe in HH the guards will help you if you get in trouble. Contact Pikle/Pikler in game and I will help send you in the right direction if you have any questions :)

Crone
12-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm so used to grouping as a Warrior, thinking about soloing is blowing my mind. Blowing it. Srsly.

Adair
12-03-2010, 05:07 PM
All right, I'll do just that. Thanks Quellren!

AexDestroy
12-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Make friends and group to 34. You still wont be able to quad dwarf-level mobs until you have a 100% complete twink suit, which I still dont know if it allows you enough mana to kill them, or get a manastone.

Daldaen
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
1-9 Original zone start + Dungeon
10-30 Unrest Group
34-50 Kedge Keep solo charming

/win.

20-24 I did Griffenne in North Karana iirc. There were 2 bugged spawns at that were static and 1 was 100% a Griffenne the other was like 50/50 with a Griffawn. They may roam now not too sure, but yea I would kill those by kiting with rain nuke and circling them around in the small blast radius (You do take acouple melee hits but buff with DS and its worth it :P) If both were Griffenne I'd charm 1 sic on the other wait for a break and kill the lower then root the other and med and kill that one. Sometimes I got lucky and had to break invis myself then a single root finished them both off or 1 root / 1 nuke.
24-29 as said earlier KFC in SK is pretty solid. Or this Griffenne camp is solid too if it still works like that, if they roam not worth all the tracking and shit.
24-29 mammoths in Everfrost are solid also
29-34 root rotting at the entrance of LGuk isn't too bad, but most people hate people who do that in dungeons :/
34-50 Kedge Keep charm soloing ftw.

Gorroth
12-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Unrest solo L20-35~. The ZEM just can't be beat and since it's an outdoor zone, you can use harmony, wolf form, SoW and tree form all you want.

smoflow
08-11-2013, 04:25 AM
I tried quad kiting the Bloodgill Goblins (in LOIO) 45(or 44)-47 and the Spectres for 47-48 (in Oasis). The goblins are really easy killing, and the zone is safe. I've heard the Spectres were easy kiting but I found that it was less efficient than the goblins. I even went back to the goblins after dinging 48, the exp is still great.

Tasslehofp99
08-11-2013, 04:58 AM
I tried quad kiting the Bloodgill Goblins (in LOIO) 45(or 44)-47 and the Spectres for 47-48 (in Oasis). The goblins are really easy killing, and the zone is safe. I've heard the Spectres were easy kiting but I found that it was less efficient than the goblins. I even went back to the goblins after dinging 48, the exp is still great.

Spirocs in timorous deep 47 to 52 hands down. Did those levels in one sitting with ease.

Charming is also a very viable and efficient way to level your druid and there are tons of places to do it. The hardest part of leveling a druid was always 1 to 46...after that it doesn't get any easier than on a druid compared to most classes.

Laugher
08-11-2013, 05:08 AM
heres a guide to what I did (this took place in spates over a few years but you could probably pull it off in a couple months or less if you spend the time at it)

attached hotkeys 8 and 9 to my forward movement key for forage and sense heading

1-10 solod with my club, killed decaying skeles with staffs when I saw them for the 1p staff haha, got an orc grp when possible
10-13: more difficult levels because its not exactly easy to kite or find many groups in my experience so I ran around nro and killed big bugs
13-20:Oasis
20-33:a mix of Mistmoore and highkeep, wherever the group was
34:got ensnare which was awesome, singled kited in my downtime, looked for OT/FM groups (took me a good while to do 34-38)
38: decided to use my DL port and try out yetis, single kited for a little but by then had the mana pool to begin quadding Tundra Yetis
39-47 Quadding tundra yetis, taking lguk/mm groups with friends
47-51 (current lvl): like Tass said *edit* spirocs (they look like red aviaks) in TD, great quad spot.. gets a lot easier at 49 with the new quad nuke

leveling forage in such a way gives you enough supplies as well to mess around with tradeskills such as brewing and baking and is also used in the epic (not that for brewing you need foraged for 1-180 in my experience but with baking I assume it helps) half of my bank is food atm from leveling forage haha alot of times you end up with stacks of the same things over time

good luck :D

smoflow
08-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Spirocs in timorous deep 47 to 52 hands down. Did those levels in one sitting with ease.

Charming is also a very viable and efficient way to level your druid and there are tons of places to do it. The hardest part of leveling a druid was always 1 to 46...after that it doesn't get any easier than on a druid compared to most classes.

Great, I was thinking about doing those. BW has been a pain in the ass- the mobs seem to have high health and there are so many potential adds. Thank you for the tip.

smoflow
08-11-2013, 05:12 AM
heres a guide to what I did (this took place in spates over a few years but you could probably pull it off in a couple months or less if you spend the time at it)

attached hotkeys 8 and 9 to my forward movement key for forage and sense heading

1-10 solod with my club, killed decaying skeles with staffs when I saw them for the 1p staff haha, got an orc grp when possible
10-13: more difficult levels because its not exactly easy to kite or find many groups in my experience so I ran around nro and killed big bugs
13-20:Oasis
20-33:a mix of Mistmoore and highkeep, wherever the group was
34:got ensnare which was awesome, singled kited in my downtime, looked for OT/FM groups (took me a good while to do 34-38)
38: decided to use my DL port and try out yetis, single kited for a little but by then had the mana pool to begin quadding Tundra Yetis
39-47 Quadding tundra yetis, taking lguk/mm groups with friends
47-51 (current lvl): like Tass said aviaks in TD, great quad spot.. gets a lot easier at 49 with the new quad nuke

leveling forage in such a way gives you enough supplies as well to mess around with tradeskills such as brewing and baking and is also used in the epic (not that for brewing you need foraged for 1-180 in my experience but with baking I assume it helps) half of my bank is food atm from leveling forage haha alot of times you end up with stacks of the same things over time

good luck :D

I'm too lazy for the tradeskills atm ^^ Maybe I'll see you around the birds.

Langrisser
08-11-2013, 05:43 AM
1 - 16 power level in unrest with a druid in a few minutes
16 - 24 charm east karana mobs off guards at 1%, rinse repeat
25 - 40 kill guards in high keep with a monk
41 - 50 City of Mist . Have your ES gloves, bracer, vambraces and lumi staff at proc levels.
50 - 52 quad spirocs in TD
52 - 55 City of Mist
55 + grind it baby

winning .. should take about three weeks of bearding it up. keep eq open in window mode at home and work.

wingelefoot
10-01-2013, 04:56 PM
1 - 16 power level in unrest with a druid in a few minutes
16 - 24 charm east karana mobs off guards at 1%, rinse repeat
25 - 40 kill guards in high keep with a monk
41 - 50 City of Mist . Have your ES gloves, bracer, vambraces and lumi staff at proc levels.
50 - 52 quad spirocs in TD
52 - 55 City of Mist
55 + grind it baby

winning .. should take about three weeks of bearding it up. keep eq open in window mode at home and work.

where to grind it /cry???

also, any decent solo spots OTHER THAN perma pits?