PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

One Tin Soldier
12-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Hopefully I'll be joining you all soon. I've ordered a copy of titanium and I almost feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting for it to arrive.

Reading through these forums is like a blast from the past and the level of activity here is fantastic. I've thought about joining one of these emulators in the past but always thought the population would be too low to make it a fun experience. Not so with this one it seems!

I've even read some comments that it might be overcrowded which almost makes me giddy with excitement. Better an overcrowded server than an underpopulated one. I remember when the old zones on the live servers where dying out and how depressing that was for me.

Anyway, I'm getting myself so hyped up for this I just had to post something.

God I miss old EQ. I know it won't be exactly like it was but I know I'll have fun. I plan to take my time and not worry about rushing through it. I doubt if I'll ever do much raiding anyway so I won't be in a hurry to get to max level.

So, I guess that's it. I just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll be grouping up with some of you in the not to distant future.

Dr4z3r
12-03-2010, 05:11 PM
If you didn't pay for express shipping on your new copy of the Titanium client, you should check around To see if yOuR Room might havE a digital backup copy lyiNg around There somewhere to InsTall. ;)

Shannacore
12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Hahahahahahaha ^

korrowan
12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
If you didn't pay for express shipping on your new copy of the Titanium client, you should check around To see if yOuR Room havE a digital backup copy lyiNg around There somewhere to InsTall. ;)

EPIC!

xshayla701
12-03-2010, 06:30 PM
haha that's silly

Cruise
12-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I remember when the old zones on the live servers where dying out and how depressing that was for me.

You're going to love seeing 30+ people in Gfay.

One Tin Soldier
12-04-2010, 10:31 AM
If you didn't pay for express shipping on your new copy of the Titanium client, you should check around To see if yOuR Room might havE a digital backup copy lyiNg around There somewhere to InsTall. ;)

Ah, I'm such a boy scout I could never do that. Actually I tried that already and couldn't get the download to install with windows 7 so just ordered a copy.

I'm not terribly competent with computers I have to admit. Hope you can cut me a little slack there, when I was in high school digital watches were the lastest in high tech gadgetry and the jury was still out on whether vhs or beta max would win.

One way or another I'll get this to work but there is a good chance I'll be back here begging for help. I hope not and I've been reading through some of the support threads already to try to avoid it but, uh, we'll see.

RapidScotch
12-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Welcome!~

Glaani
12-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Glad to have you with us! :)

Tudana
12-04-2010, 11:10 AM
as long as you follow the "GET STARTED" thread by the letter you should have no prob logging in soon.:)

welcome to Project 1999!

y2sky2003
12-04-2010, 12:01 PM
You're going to love seeing 30+ people in Gfay.

I have no shame in admitting that I literally shed a tear when I saw 100+ in EC, then walked into the tunnel.

Kavanah
12-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Hopefully I'll be joining you all soon. I've ordered a copy of titanium and I almost feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting for it to arrive.

Welcome! I ordered my Titanium edition and then went and downloaded the torrent file so I could play while waiting on mine to arrive =)

I just started a few weeks ago and people are much friendlier in game than on forums. Hope you enjoy, hit me up in EC tunnel and I'll get you started with some gear. Welcome!

Yak
12-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Welcome to Evercrack! Your life will now belong to us. Welcome aboard!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dOj9tk0Q-so/TMr5B7vi1GI/AAAAAAAAAOA/XuQhbtqhNQA/s1600/evercrack.jpg

Tristin
12-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the server mate! We all know what you mean. I get that same rush everyonce in a while when I look at the load in screen. Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on playing and where did you play on live?

Kurtanius21
12-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Yay, another Newbie to join us! Let the clothed warriors and naked casters unite!

lol, evercrack. The woman's face needs to be altered in some sick way. Make her old, wrinkled, and mentally unstable

One Tin Soldier
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the friendly welcome guys. Have to say I'm looking forward to starting with nothing and working my up.

To answer the question about where I played on live I tended to jump servers a lot. I started on a blue server (can't even remember the name for sure) then went to tallon-zek for a while and messed around with three different characters there. Then back to another blue server and played up to level 53.

At that point the old zones were dying out already and my problem was that I never did get into raiding much and preferred the lower level game. So I moved to another, younger server and started over and that set the pattern for the rest of my time in EQ. I would start on a younger or brand new server, play for a while, then move to another server and do it again while there was still a good low and mid level population.

I don't even remember the names of all the servers I played on but I know I spent some time on the first European server when it opened. Antonius Bale I think was the name. I played on the firiona roleplay server when it opened. I played on Sullon-zek for a while when it was new and so on. Stromm was my last server where I started my last character and eventually logged out for the last time.

Now it's been about five years I guess and I'm ready to do it again.

What class I'll play I haven't decided for sure yet. At the moment I'm torn between shaman and necromancer. My gut feeling is that I want to play a necro because I love the versatility of the class but on the other hand Halas/Everfrost has always been my favorite region and it would be nice if I could hang around there without having to look over my shoulder constantly. Also I never did much with a shaman before so it would make things a little more fresh for me. Another point is that a shaman would be more popular with groups and I do want to group a lot.

So I'm leaning toward necro but sort of trying to talk myself into playing a shaman.