PDA

View Full Version : Tranquil Staff Ban, Misunderstanding.

Taysh
01-24-2016, 01:33 PM
To whom it may concern.
Dear Project 1999 realm,

Yesterday, I was suspended over a loot situation involved with the Tranquil Staff, I just want to make it clear #1 I am not a ninja, I realized that the group would not be doing Need before Greed, and didn't care if I needed the staff, so I was forced to roll, in rolling, I actually thought I won the roll. I was the second highest roll, the first person to roll was the Highest Roller (Kayyte), but a series of rollling including a different groups also happened at the same time. My eyes deceived me, especially with the T-Staff in my hand, there was a lot of emotion. I was pulling to the group like normal with the T-STAFF! I thought I WON! I was telling them I wouldn't be selling it, that i would be using it ETC. Shortly after the highest roller was saying, "She won the roll". I investigated, had to scroll through tons of chat spam / spell spam etc, I had just come back from a reformat recently, and my chat boxes were not set up perfectly.

A guide was on the scene almost immediately, upon trying to find out if I actually lost the roll (scrolling through all the spam/ messages from the followers of the streamer) I saw that I did indeed lose the roll. From an instant overwhelming happiness, to being devastated, I knew even with a guide telling me to hand over the staff I had to do just that. I literally, TOOK the staff out of my hands, walked up to the high roller, and was going to trade it, as I DID this, my game disconnected and I saw that I was ban/suspended, I don't remember the exact message because an overload of emotion was within my mind, I could barely think straight, nor did I actually understand the fullness of the loot rule situation, mainly because I RARELY EXP anymore, i spend all my time power leveling random people and spending time with low levels, aiding them etc, because the grind became depressing for me, I found more joy in helping people. I am not a hardcore player, I didn't have a full understanding of the servers loot rules either, but this right HERE is where the Guide should have stepped in and filled me in more accurately, and given me a MOMENT to actually hand the staff over, observe my character and see that I actually MOVED right towards the highest roller, and removed the staff out of my hand. I was just ABOUT to trade it to her, (Don't believe me GM's? Log into my account, you will find that staff on my cursor.)

The guide here actually, hurt the situation even more, because the highest roller never got her staff, if the Guide waited literally 10 seconds longer she would have had the staff, and I would have been able to continue exping. No I DID not ninja the staff and log or run away, like I said I thought I actually won, then I was told I didn't, and had to investigate before handing over a T-STAFF when I didn't have to, I also thought since it being a MNK only item, really did not have to go to a rogue with an Epic and Guild support, but Loot Rules are loot Rules and I DID finally understand this, but before I had the chance to deliver, I was suspended. The guide was there for literally maybe 1-2 Minutes max, meanwhile while this is happening, I just confirmed he actually was a guide, I had around 10+ tells from other players, I thought maybe it was some player acting like a guide, so /who Braknar, and realize yes he is a guide, I better listen to him. So I GO TO TRADE, and before I could I am removed.

Yes I learned the hard way, yes I have been on this server for a long time, my first account was compromised and I lost literally everything, on my lvl 50 Rogue. It was just up until recently I got very serious about end game, and I did not fully understand the looting.

With this being said, I offer an apology to Kayyte, because she won the roll and did not get the staff immediately, but that is actually the Guide's fault for not being patient during a completely chaotic situation. The emotion that was in me at the time, going from so happy to Devastation, to be called a ninja and spammed by the streamers followers, slowed the situation DOWN A LOT. I was sorting through things, while trying to maintain form and pulls to the group.

This is actually why all my years through EQ I stayed away from heading towards end game content, I hated the competitive part, the raid wars etc etc, I used to watch my brother go through it, thus spending most of my time with lower levels, either grouping with them, or just aiding them with power leveling, spending time with them, camping them items, whatever it was, that's what warmed my heart and brought me joy. The reason I even brought that up is because when I tried to go talk to Kayyte about it, she told me the realm was better off without someone like me, which sent me into a rage, and then she immediately resulted to just banning me before letting me discuss the situation with her.

I will return to EQ, I won't let this hurt my love for the 17 year old game, after all it's just pixels, non the less these pixels can actually inject overwhelming joy into our human lives, especially if our human lives are severely hurting, and we can take that joy with us through the day, knowing we can return back to the dimension later for more adventure and excitement.

A lot of people have come against me in this situation for understandable reasons, with just a night passing I was able to see the situation a little clearer from the outside. I thought about it for so long, tossed and turned, I get it. The thing that bothers me most was the Guide interaction, the fact that he contributed to tarnishing my reputation instead of helping me come to a clarity as to why the item did not belong to me. With all of this being said, everyone who bashed me and sent negative comments my way, you are entitled to your opinion, but the thing that touched my heart most was the people who were kind to me, and tried to either explain why this happened, and educate me. Funny thing is about being a monk, we do work very hard, pulling for 8 hours or so straight at times while the rest of the group literally sit's still.

Pullers are a special kind of people, some have a love for it, some become a slave to it. I know this does not at all effect the actual loot rules, but like I said I wasn't educated on all of that, and in my mind I felt an entitlement to the MNK only Staff, as it was a pure upgrade to my current weapons. That is why I was struggling so much with the roll system being Greed before Need which I consulted the GM's ABOUT INSTANTLY upon drop of the item, and even with the roll system I THOUGHT I WON. So this was my apology, all I want out of this is for the select few people who now know of the situation, is to find forgiveness in their mind for me. I am a good person, and a good force in the realm especially to new players with lack of time trying to get to end game, to be seen the opposite over 1 mistake, is what truly bothers me.

:cool:I hope you all have a wonderful day, and safe hunting.

Colgate
01-24-2016, 01:37 PM
did not read

Rage16
01-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Seek help immediately

Taysh
01-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Seek help immediately

Thanks for your input :) Have a great day.

Recusco
01-24-2016, 01:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XgSKlLR.jpg?1

I'll just leave this here.

Taysh
01-24-2016, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XgSKlLR.jpg?1

I'll just leave this here.

Thanks for your input. Have a great day. :)

Pokesan
01-24-2016, 01:46 PM
oh boohoo I won 30k and got called names woe is me

Llandris
01-24-2016, 01:46 PM
How many threads do you need for the same issue?