PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here, What Class?

Kurtanius21
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Hello. I joined a few days ago, and haven't made progress because of a busy life. Now it's the weekend. I have hours to invest, but which character to invest in?

Which class will give me the shortest search for groups? I was thinking cleric, but it seems there are well more than enough cleric to support the population. Is this true? What about an enchanter? Are they sought out by groups often enough? I'm looking for a great group character. Grouping is the highlight of this game for me. Any recommendations are appreciated.

quellren
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Play what you enjoy. asking advice on class is the most certain way to burn out and re-roll, wasting alot of time.

That said: Clerics and tanks are always welcome. There seems to be a lack of clerics at 15-35.
The most popular classes on P99 are the pet classes- nec/mag/enc/sham.
The least popular are rog/rng.

Estu
12-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I think tanks are somewhat harder to come by than healers, at least in the lower-level groups I've been in. Either archetype will get you group spots. I recommend a PAL, SHD, or CLR.

Ongbak
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
There are many clerics at earlier level but if you look at high level clerics, Most guild "ALWAYS" NEEDED "HIGH" on Clerics.

Can't go wrong with clerics, you just got to stick to it. Good luck and welcome.

Kavanah
12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Play whatever class YOU want to play. You will find groups easy enough during the right times. /cheers!

teganyavo
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
hit 'create a character', and there'll be a list of suggestions. one of those should do. just avoid beastlord and berzerker, we have plenty of those.

Kurtanius21
12-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I recall Paladins being kinda gimped. Is that not the case? When I played years ago, I knew a paladin that had 100 of dollars worth of equipment, and he still could not maintain high DPS or tank very well.

Estu
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I recall Paladins being kinda gimped. Is that not the case? When I played years ago, I knew a paladin that had 100 of dollars worth of equipment, and he still could not maintain high DPS or tank very well.

Paladins aren't about DPS, they're about tanking. Paladins can tank just fine.

Kurtanius21
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
But are they still decent tanks post kunark?

Itchybottom
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
But are they still decent tanks post kunark?

Yes, they are. With snap stun for aggro, and Jeldorin (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6808) make them pretty effective tanks until mid-Velious when they get better gear upgrades.

Tristin
12-05-2010, 12:40 AM
/agree with everyone that says play what you want to play. We really do have a great population. And its only getting bigger. I think you are going to see a lot more melees now that Kunark is being beta tested. One of the benefits of this EMU is that for the most part we all know what every step of each class is like, their benifits, and drawbacks. I play a Ranger because I love it. Its not an easy class to play. I cant solo worth a shit, I know im not the best dps out there, and when I get to endgame my primary function is to eat the death touch. But I can track, I can SoW, my epic has the coolest graphic, and my planar is green! Hope you have as much fun as the rest of us and welcome to the server.