PDA

View Full Version : Bloodsaber Plague = Bread shipment quests please!

Aalderon Crystafire
01-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Way back when during the Karana plague there were a series of quests all across Norrath that would have you collect the lore no drop "Loaves of Bread item" and deliver it to the appropriate NPC for your city.

The bread was collected from Jarlen Meadowgreen in South Karanas and they also later dropped in Runnyeye revamp. This was a great time to raise city factions as you would get hits wherever you delivered and was in fact the ONLY time period that you could raise "Merchants of Ogguk" faction. The XP was also amazing but was quickly nerfed in the July patch..

Exp nerfed
#
Jul 24 2001 at 7:53 PM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
7/24/01 patch nerfed the exp (at least for Innkeep James in NK) from half a yellow to almost nothing at level 12.

hehe, oh well, it was an easy and profitable 4 levels... now time to work on catching up the lagging skills :-)
▲ Page top
RE: Exp nerfed
#
Oct 24 2001 at 4:34 PM Rating: Default

These quests went up until some time in the fall

Broken quest
#
Nov 28 2001 at 1:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scrab
1 post
This quest is definatly not working. When hailed, Karn does not give the prompt: You wouldn't happen to [be a baker] anymore. Has anyone asked a GM?
▲ Page top
RE: Broken quest
#
Dec 26 2001 at 11:56 PM Rating: Decent
kiztent
Scholar
20 posts
Since the GM event to remove the plague from the Karanas, the quest is broken. The food supply is unhindered, and no further deliveries are necessary.

Which is a shame because this was a nice quest to do.
▲ Page top
No more plague, no more quest
#
Nov 17 2001 at 5:12 PM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
It would appear that this quest existed only due to the plague in the Karanas. Since the plague is gone, the merchants no longer need help getting their goods, hence no more quests. I've noticed that the bread shipment quest (and in some cases the muffin quest) is no longer given out by merchants who used to during the plague. It's a darn shame because it was no-brainer way to raise faction with the guards of Oggok and Clurg so that anyone could do the stein of moggok quest.

Nueil
14 posts
It is still profitable at lvl 28. Just don't get jack crap for EXP anymore. I have been making atleast 1 to 2 pp off the quest each time..and that is pretty helpful since lvl 29 spells are **** expensive as a druid.

The most notable and only one recorded on the wiki was in Qeynos http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Bread_Shipment.

Here are some posts from allakhazam during the time.. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1261

QEYNOS
Jun 07 2001 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
Sordain
19 posts
If this is a quest that you can do repeatedly, and you can sit inside the Bakers shop without being spotted by someone you are kos with, then I can tell you what, going in and making stacks of muffins is a lot less work than killing gnolls in BB for faction.
My Iskar monk (15th lv) has killed enough gnolls to have 60 gnoll teeth to hand in. No faction changes visible yet. Handing in the teeth is going to mean a lot of running around in wolf form with a friendly druid at hand. Maybe I will get a faction change finally (yes I know about handing in the stones, and then the brew after). After that, muffins looks like a good option, although monk guild improvements would have been welcome from this quest as well.

Sordain

Jun 01 2001 at 6:47 AM Rating: Decent
Durix
20 posts
=============
Food shortages cause merchants concern
=============
A poor harvest and damaged crops are leaving some merchants short of cretain baked goods. Karn Tassen, local merchant, had this to say about the food shortage.
"It is hard enough to scrape by and make enough money to pay your taxes in this town. Now with this blasted plague affecting everything, I'm starting to run out of stock. It's a mess I tell you."

A call has gone to independant bakers to assist our local merchants and those abroad in keeping their supplies properly stocked. Anyone interested in assisting the community in this time of need should inquire local members of the Merchants of Qeynos. Those traveling abroad are urged to contact the Coalition of Trade Folks.
=============

NERIAK VERSION

For Dark Races
#
Jun 05 2001 at 7:55 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
You can also get a similar quest from the merchants in Neriak, both in the Foreign Quarter and the Commons. Factions raised are the Dark Bargainers, Dread Inner and outer Guard. I'm also told that one can get this quest from merchants in Freeport, raising faction with the merchants there.

OGGOK VERSION (FEERROTT) also here (http://www.tokyo2001.com/game/eq/quest/feerrott/feerrott02.html)

>Hail, Innkeep Morpa

Huh? Oh hi. Weeze got a [problem] here. It not gud.

>What problem?

Da problem is dat weeze running low on sum kinds of foods.
Weeze low on [muffins] and weeze also low on [loaves of bread].
Tink you can help us?

>What loaves of bread?

You go to Plains of Karana.
You look for Jarlen Meadowgreen.
You tells him dat you there to get Bread Loaves for us.
Weeze pay you when you get back. Tanks.

Karana
 SouthKaranaCentaursJarlen Meadowgreen

>Hail Jarlen Meadowgreen.

Hello there stranger! What brings you here?

>I want a shipment of bread loaves

So, ya want some of my bread is that it?
Well, you've come to the right place I'd say.
My brothers told me the market was ripe for that sort of thing so I decided to move on over here. Anyway, hand over two gold pieces and I'll give ya a sack of bread made by me own two hands.

2gp

Jarlen Meadowgreen bites the two gold pieces and says,

'Yup, that's real gold alright. Good enough then, here ya are.
Stop back any time and we'll do business again.'

Jarlen Meadowgreen

・Bag of Bread Loaves (Lore NoDrop Big)

Feerrott、Innkeep Morpa

(Innkeep Morpa)
You nice for getting bread loaves for us.
You take some money.
Weeze happy now dat weeze got more bread for sale.
You maybe check back later if weeze run out of bread again.

Your faction standing with MerchantsofOggok got better.
Your faction standing with Clurg got better.
Your faction standing with OggokGuards got better.

You gain experience!!
You receive 8 gold from Innkeep Morpa.
You receive 1 platinum from Innkeep Morpa.

faction smaction its about exp folks!
#
Jun 28 2001 at 11:41 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
The exp is great even at lvl 26 i still get the same exp as killing something 3 lvls higher than me, and then all my mana is wasted, no this quest is great i have done it since i was lvl 19 and now im 26 just bound myself next to jarlen in s karena and ported and gated back and forth to ferrot, Innkeep Gub takes the bread and gives 1-4pp plus lots of nice exp and faction with guards and clurg and merchants in oggok, i can now do the stein of moggok quest also thanks to this quest. Im still dubios to innkeep gub, but that doesnt seem to matter it works anyway, in wolf form however he looks warmly upon me... guards in oggok are indiff to me. Im a wood elf druid btw...

Nindara lvl 26 druid on Bristlebane

Oggok
#
Sep 29 2001 at 9:58 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Didnt there used to be a way to do this quest in Oggok? I remember it having Clurg and guard faction but cant remember who you went to there. Anyone remember?
▲ Page top
RE: Oggok
#
Oct 03 2001 at 5:14 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
The merchant for the Oggok faction version of this quest is Innkeep Morpa, who is actually in the Feerott, not Oggok itself. You only need to be dubious to do the quest (wolf form gets you to indifferent). She's in one of the huts on the road that leads to the city. It gives faction boosts for Clurg, the merchants of Oggok, and the guards of Oggok.

BTW, I've noticed that most bread merchants in several zones give the same bread/muffin quests. Different factions raised, of course.

KARANAS VERSIONS

alternate delivery
#
Jul 10 2001 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
TalonclawNoE
Scholar
94 posts
You can also bring the bread to Innkeep James in NK.

Firiona Vie

XUN IZIL DOS PHUUL QUARTHEN, LUETH DRO

West Karana
#
Jun 13 2001 at 9:00 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I also got this quest from Innkeep Reslon (sp?) in West Karana. That may help with people who cant get into Qeynos.

At this time I didnt know where Meadowgreen was though.

Thanks

Nigell

RE: West Karana
#
Jul 30 2001 at 1:48 AM Rating: Decent
Lalkin
12 posts
This quest is also offered by Innkeep Danin at the East edge of WK. Sowed it is about a 5 minute run from there to the centar in SK.

Loc is -1,500 -13,000

KALADIM

Kaladim
#
Aug 16 2001 at 7:57 AM Rating: Decent
Tricsun
46 posts
You can also get this quest from Gretta Mottle in South Kaladim inside irontoe eats

KELETHIN

Bread Quest
#
Sep 21 2001 at 2:14 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I, as a agnostic dark elf wizard did this quest 3 or 4 times in kelethin (merchant is the innkeeper just up from newbie lift, on same platform as the forge) and I got my faction from "scowls" to "threatening" I will do it a few more times so I can actually bank/shop in kelethin. The factions in kelethin are all positive, they were as follows :
kelethin merchants
feydark's champions
anti-mage
and something else i cant remember.

I was wondering if there is similar quests in felwithe and erud. I really want to do mystic cloak quest.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?4774-Got-lv-20-Wanna-make-lv-29-and-not-kill-a-thing

August 23rd, 2001 07:34 PM #13
Aksel
Faction

Hey guys, this whole discussion of this quest has neglected one HUGE aspect of it: FACTION.

I'm an agnostic Erudite wiz, and so i was apprehensive to guards and merchants in gfay. Unfortunately, I like to do my banking there, inlcuding the selling of my loot, but I hated getting bad prices for all my stuff.

Well, this quest gives you 4 positive factions:

Your faction standing with KelethinMerchants got better.
Your faction standing with FaydarksChampions got better.
Your faction standing with EmeraldWarriors got better.
Your faction standing with Anti-Mage got better.

For me this was a big plus, in about 6 trips the merchants were indifferent, another 30 they turned aimably, and about 60 trips total the guards turned indifferent.

This quest is worth doing a few times if you want your gfay merchant faction to be nice and high.

-Aksel

Aalderon Crystafire
01-31-2016, 09:05 PM
I will be reposting this in bugs but I wanted to get some attention here and ask the help of from any in our community that either remember these quests or would like to help with additional research. Jarlen Meadowgreen is currently not in SK nor do any of the mentioned merchants have any dialogue for him at the moment.