PDA

View Full Version : Holgresh elder beads

Astro
02-01-2016, 12:11 AM
anyone have a confirmation about them not dropping anymore?

Dreenk317
02-01-2016, 12:21 AM
time line would make sense, they were nerfed about 6 months after velious release on live

QFuzzle
02-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Spent 17.5 hours straight farming for the pre-nerf Elder Beads yesterday in hopes to get one before the nerf. Never dropped. Then today saw somebody post a picture of a potential server first of them getting the post-nerf version. Oh well...

GinnasP99
02-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Rest in peace, glad I've got them on necro and monk.

Sebastionleo
02-01-2016, 01:53 AM
The other beads have always dropped, they dropped off of the Grand Vizier, did someone say they got the Grand Vizier beads off of an elder today?

Baxter
02-01-2016, 01:56 AM
hearing they are still dropping regularly, but I don't know for sure.

QFuzzle
02-01-2016, 03:53 AM
The other beads have always dropped, they dropped off of the Grand Vizier, did someone say they got the Grand Vizier beads off of an elder today?

The version with Identify. Maybe that's where my confusion is coming from. Afterall, there was no indication of the nerf in the patch notes (really hoping the nerf hasn't been patched in yet).

Trajor
02-01-2016, 05:37 AM
Grand vizier beads off the grand vizier
http://i.imgur.com/LBMRzFB.png?1

Now see Nilbog's post here https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142219

Are we confirmed to be in May 2001 on the timeline?

Kremit
02-02-2016, 10:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LBMRzFB.png?1
Server First. -,-
3 weeks wasted camping this. 66 elders to finally get... garbage.
So this guy posted an alleged server first but in his chat he killed a vizer. Which they always dropped from them right? So are they dropping or what? I see so many different prices ranging from still around 23k to 200k.....dafuq?!

xKoopa
02-02-2016, 11:12 AM
So this guy posted an alleged server first but in his chat he killed a vizer. Which they always dropped from them right? So are they dropping or what? I see so many different prices ranging from still around 23k to 200k.....dafuq?!

Vizier always dropped vizier beads. When nerfed the elders will start dropping vizier instead of elder beads

arsenalpow
02-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Alliance necks in icewell are definitely nerfed. If that change was supposed to coincide with the elder bead nerf then they are likely gone.

Kremit
02-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Good copy. But can anyone confirm the elders have started dropping the vizier beads?

Psionide
02-03-2016, 02:16 AM
Anyone?

radda
02-03-2016, 04:46 AM
I killed and elder today and got vizier beads

radda
02-03-2016, 04:50 AM
i want to post logs or an ss but i have neither , believe me or dont.

Nikkanu
02-03-2016, 07:12 AM
i want to post logs or an ss but i have neither , believe me or dont.

Sounds pretty legit to me.

Pheer
02-03-2016, 08:45 AM
If alliance neck is nerfed then beads are probably nerfed too

Still wouldn't buy any beads for inflated prices until I saw a screenshot proving it though

arsenalpow
02-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Can confirm that elder is dropping the vizier beads now. A very trusted guild member sat in the cave last night to confirm this. He killed an elder and it dropped vizier beads instead of elder beads. Case closed.

Nicoladen
02-03-2016, 10:25 AM
No longer drops (as of 1/31/2016), replaced with Holgresh Grand Vizier Beads.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Holgresh_Elder_Beads

The wiki is NEVER wrong! :D

Man0warr
02-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Can confirm that elder is dropping the vizier beads now. A very trusted guild member sat in the cave last night to confirm this. He killed an elder and it dropped vizier beads instead of elder beads. Case closed.

Valakut? I don't trust that bastard.

Erati
02-03-2016, 11:59 AM
must see a screenshot of a Vizier bead on elder corpse time stamped P99 circa Feb 1st of later

Baxter
02-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Agree, no idea what to believe. SS!!

Nerrp
02-03-2016, 02:28 PM
I feel like this is proof enough -

WTT Fungi for Holgresh Elder Beads (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227308&highlight=HOLGRESH)

I was the one that changed the wiki - several people on this forum said they don't drop, that farmed them, and the EC prices are going crazy on them. Haven't seen a direct screenshot as proof, but they don't drop.

Erati
02-03-2016, 02:30 PM
there was once a time when Velious came out and everyone tried to sell Fungi's for 100K and were very serious about it

not saying anyone is lying - but EC fat cats have a reason to keep quiet. Would love proof

arsenalpow
02-03-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm very confident that they are no longer dropping. I witnessed someone that I trust kill an elder and get vizier beads, that coupled with the alliance necks in icewell being nerfed seals it for me.

They are an absolute necessity for monk pulling. Easily the most useful item in my bag. I don't need anyone to help me pull, I just pre-position everything with an eye. A+ would click again.

Erati
02-03-2016, 02:35 PM
ok Chest - but only bc you are saying this !

sorry guys they are gone :(

Daldaen
02-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm very confident that they are no longer dropping. I witnessed someone that I trust kill an elder and get vizier beads, that coupled with the alliance necks in icewell being nerfed seals it for me.

They are an absolute necessity for monk pulling. Easily the most useful item in my bag. I don't need anyone to help me pull, I just pre-position everything with an eye. A+ would click again.

Locket of Escape is sadly the most useful item in P99 monk bags because we have non-classic bind points. Followed by Gate Potions, DA idols and Mallets.

arsenalpow
02-03-2016, 02:38 PM
ok Chest - but only bc you are saying this !

sorry guys they are gone :(

People can totally sit in the cave and clobber those flying horsemonkey guys until an elder horsemonkey spawns, then get a vizier bead to confirm it themselves. The only way they could still be dropping is if the vizier beads were added to the table and didn't directly replace the elder beads, and potentially an elder could still drop elder beads under some stupid scenario. I have beads, I don't care, but for anyone else that's what I've discovered.

Nibblewitz
02-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Locket of Escape is sadly the most useful item in P99 monk bags because we have non-classic bind points. Followed by Gate Potions, DA idols and Mallets.

Are you saying monks use locket charges during pulls? Otherwise, there is no need for a locket to be in your bags.

arsenalpow
02-03-2016, 02:40 PM

Locket and gate pots maybe in your warped ToV FTE train pull world. In my world where monks do monk things elder beads are the most useful. I'll just keep my cozy bind in PoM thank you very much.

Daldaen
02-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Locket and gate pots maybe in your warped ToV FTE train pull world. In my world where monks do monk things elder beads are the most useful. I'll just keep my cozy bind in PoM thank you very much.

Now that is a classic locket bind!

Whackin
02-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I was there last night in the cave when the filthy little gnome got Grand Vizier beads off an elder holgresh. On live, when Grand Vizier beads were added to their loot table, the elder beads were removed. So, unless they messed up, elder beads are confirmed gone.

Nerrp
02-03-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm very curious to see what the price settles on post-nerf.

So far I've seen them WTS for 200k and 150k (but those prices are presumably rediculous)

But I've actually seen them trade directly for Fungi

Who knows.

They used to go for 23k or so before nerf

Pyrocat
02-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Given how incredibly useful they are for monks and necros (two of the most populous classes) I can easily see them topping 100k. More useful than a manastone at any rate, and those go for 200k.

khysanth
02-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Far more beads exist than manastones. The dropped down below 20k before the nerf. I expect they settle in the 50-60k range eventually.

Ravager
02-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Tough to speculate. Their utility is useful for anyone with an OT hammer and they'll become indispensable for all the necros, monks and shadowknights that buy them, so many of the necklaces will disappear from the market as a lot of people who buy them or who have camped them won't want to sell them. Only time will tell.

WTS Holgresh Elder Beads 200k.

Lojik
02-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Far more beads exist than manastones.

I wasn't playing on the server when stones were dropping, but weren't they a common drop and farmed into oblivion? Would not be surprised if this was not the case at all

Pyrocat
02-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I wasn't playing on the server when stones were dropping, but weren't they a common drop and farmed into oblivion? Would not be surprised if this was not the case at all

Yeah they were farmed to hell, and they were not nearly as rare as the beads were on this server.

Also, unlike beads, you can level up with a manastone in old world and then once you hit 55+ and never want to go back to the old world again you can resell it. This happens a lot which is a large part of what keeps manastones in circulation.

I don't see that happening with beads. If anything they become more useful the higher level you are and only enter back into circulation if someone quits the character they're using them on / needs the cash for something else.

mropey
02-03-2016, 04:35 PM
I wasn't playing on the server when stones were dropping, but weren't they a common drop and farmed into oblivion?

They were. Sadly, many of the accounts those manastones reside on have been banned for RMT and never seen or heard from again.

Nerrp
02-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Tough to speculate. Their utility is useful for anyone with an OT hammer and they'll become indispensable for all the necros, monks and shadowknights that buy them, so many of the necklaces will disappear from the market as a lot of people who buy them or who have camped them won't want to sell them. Only time will tell.

WTS Holgresh Elder Beads 200k.

What is this about OT hammers? How does that relate to Holgresh Beads? do tell

Lojik
02-03-2016, 04:59 PM
What is this about OT hammers? How does that relate to Holgresh Beads? do tell

Cause you can hammer off them instead of off a mob that quads for 250?

syztem
02-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Managed to snag a 3rd pair for mere mithril legs(2k) and 2k raw plat the same day as patch, not sure if guy knew or what. but glad I did, I must have farmed like 6 bead sets and sold all but 1 for my monk, with new necro up and coming I needed an extra just didn't get time. with nerf in its great. I know people who farmed like 30+ alliance necks, which to me is laughable because they weren't even valuable items until like 2-3 expansions AFTER planes of power. Here they are good for pvp or running through SG, thats it, nothing more. I have no idea of what use they were in future eras of EQ

radda
02-03-2016, 06:05 PM
im telling you, they dont drop. please save yourself the time.
i want more beads to but...
THEY DONT DROP
:D

jpetrick
02-03-2016, 06:20 PM
If all you are using the beads to do is hammer off them then you can get a stalking probe for 15 plat.

Erati
02-03-2016, 06:21 PM
If all you are using the beads to do is hammer off them then you can get a stalking probe for 15 plat.

noooooo youll go thru like 5 probes to just get a proc - do not do this

if you are only using beads for hammering you probably should sell them and hammer off your friends that will hang out with you now that ur rich

Beinen
02-05-2016, 01:38 PM
noooooo youll go thru like 5 probes to just get a proc - do not do this

if you are only using beads for hammering you probably should sell them and hammer off your friends that will hang out with you now that ur rich

Hahaha right on

Baxter
02-05-2016, 03:25 PM
lol at people wanting 175K+ for these. I post in EC that I want to buy a pair, I get my inbox flooded and they all want 175k+, its funny given they were permafarmed for half a year and people are sitting on 3+ beads on some characters.

Pyrrhica
02-05-2016, 03:33 PM
How many beads you think have dropped since Velious? My friends and I are thinking no more than 500, maybe less. The number gets smaller by the day as people quit/go inactive. And if you've got a these on a Necro/monk you're never getting rid of them.

Nerrp
02-05-2016, 03:39 PM
The price will only go up in the weeks/months to come - as the ones that bought them to flip them get rid of them, and they settle onto characters that won't ever sell, like Pyrrhica said.

Vallanor
02-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Manna robes will never stop dropping, but elder beads have... WTT beads for robe! Hit me up!

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see where the price levels off. Appear to be worth at least a fungi now if EC forums trade threads are to be believed.

Pyrocat
02-05-2016, 03:43 PM
lol at people wanting 175K+ for these. I post in EC that I want to buy a pair, I get my inbox flooded and they all want 175k+, its funny given they were permafarmed for half a year and people are sitting on 3+ beads on some characters.

After the first 2 months the caves were not permafarmed, and the drop was stupid rare at any rate. People went 40+ hours of constantly keeping everything in the cave down without a single drop. I remember people bitching about it in guild chat.

Lojik
02-05-2016, 03:46 PM

While i agree its pretty ludicrous at the moment, in a year I wouldn't be surprised if that's a steal. I do agree the # is probably sub 500 on server, but with people quitting and if there's another RMT banwave, you'll probably say goodbye to a good chunk of these. I mean that one guy lost 30 manastones in one banwave (that was just one person who was able to be documented,) imagine how many were lost in RMT bans total.

Ravager
02-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Just killing a single roamer in WL I think I averaged 1 elder spawn every 10 PH and 1 set of beads every 20 elders. So that's an average of one beads every 200 mobs at a single spawn point. Of course the RNG isn't so nice like that, so you could go 600 spawns before seeing a beads drop or you could see them drop back to back.

Only the cave was camped the hardest and only hard for the first few months, after that it wasn't uncommon to find it open. I don't think there's a glut of beads on this server as people seem to think. There's certainly going to be more demand for them than supply as there's always new monks and necros entering the economy.

Nikkanu
02-06-2016, 05:09 AM
I personally wouldn't sell for under 250k at this point. I think the number of beads on the server is grossly overestimated by many. I know numerous people that spent 40-60+ hours just to get one to drop. p99 has a MASSIVE monk population that is always growing and will really spike once the patch for triple attack goes in.

Those letting them go for the cheap price of ~ 175k are really going to kick themselves.

Man0warr
02-06-2016, 11:02 AM
On the other hand, there's people in my guild who farmed ~10 of them.

There's got to be at least a few hundred of them.

Nikkanu
02-06-2016, 11:33 AM
On the other hand, there's people in my guild who farmed ~10 of them.

There's got to be at least a few hundred of them.

((Few hundred beads) - (Any beads on characters that get banned or quit)) / ((Few thousand monks and necros) * (No more dropping) * (Hundreds of new monks and necros made every month)) = Profit

Skew
02-06-2016, 12:26 PM
They've been farmed dry for 6 months which never happened on live. There's probably over 500 on the server. Not to mention these things have a cast time and a good old stalking eye is better if you're pullimg in a competitive raid.
175k :confused::rolleyes: