PDA

View Full Version : AoE kiting spots for a 50 Bard on Kunark?

Lazortag
12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi, on the test server I'd like to level back to 51 semi-quickly, but I can't find a good aoe kiting spot. The guards in FoB are way too strong and resist everything, and in Dreadlands I always get aggroed by spiders who slow me (if you know of an area in DL with no spiders at all, then that works too). Of the zones that are open currently (West Cabilis, East Cabilis, Field of Bone, Kurn's Tower, Firiona Vie, Lake of Ill Omen, Warsliks Woods, Dreadlands, Temple of Droga, Swamp of no Hope, Kaesora), can anyone suggest a good aoe kiting spot? Keep in mind the mobs probably shouldn't be giant, they shouldn't be able to cast, and they should be blue to a level 50 (so level 37+ I think).

Thanks, and also thanks to the devs again, I'm having a blast as I'm sure everyone else is.

audacity
12-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, when they open up the Overthere you should have plenty of mobs o_O

issohi
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
try guards in warsliks and swamp, also when TD opens spirocs and raptors

Cruise
12-05-2010, 01:38 PM
FARM FOUR THOUSAND BONE CHIPS

Lazortag
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
try guards in warsliks and swamp, also when TD opens spirocs and raptors

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/warslikswoodsmap.html

http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/swampofnohopemap.html

Where on these maps are the guards?

I'll check later today when I'm done this god-awful essay.

also, does anyone know if there's any spot in Dreadlands where no spiders path? The mobs in dreadlands are perfect for aoe kiting but the casters are awful

Daldaen
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
None of these places listed are amazing at level 50. Of the zones opened DL is prolly the best bet.

Burning Woods is decent
Dreadlands is decent

Seafuries are still the best option imo though. As far as exp goes

Lazortag
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
problem is, if I'm killing seafuries I'd rather just be doing it on the regular server - that way I get to keep the money.

I'll try and find a spot in dreadlands without casters I guess. Oh well.

Daldaen
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Thats why a GM should boost 1 person to each level test if you are gaining experience at level 5X and repeat up to 60. If the experience gaining is fine just make those who ask to be 60 level 60 so they can test stuff with greater ease.

Henini
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I was under the impression that come Kunark, swarm kiting was the only real fast exp for bard?

I know it's not possible for us here, but it's just what I remember form playing bard on live.

Then again, I wasn't the best bard out there either.

Daldaen
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I was under the impression that come Kunark, swarm kiting was the only real fast exp for bard?

I know it's not possible for us here, but it's just what I remember form playing bard on live.

Then again, I wasn't the best bard out there either.
The bolded part, you're wrong. Check others posts about it. Use search to find a few pictures / guides to doing it on P99

nalkin
12-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Swarm kiting = charming a mob and letting a group of mobs beat it down, etc
Swarm kiting does not work here.

AE kiting = gathering a bunch of mobs + running in a circle + playing DOTs.
AE kiting does work here on mobs smaller than or equal to humanoid size.

Mcbard
12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
There are very few spiders near the yeti cave/tunnel in Dreadlands. These mobs might be what you are looking for, however you may encounter a bunch of lightblues. There are also lots of Gorenaires there, however that will change when Kunark is out of beta.

I always remember skeletons being good exp on my necro so I think they are pretty high level as far as DL is concerned.

Daldaen
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Swarm kiting = charming a mob and letting a group of mobs beat it down, etc
Swarm kiting does not work here.

AE kiting = gathering a bunch of mobs + running in a circle + playing DOTs.
AE kiting does work here on mobs smaller than or equal to humanoid size.

I beg to differ on Swarm kiting working. Does for druids :)

Lazortag
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I beg to differ on Swarm kiting working. Does for druids :)

What? Is there any foolproof way of getting the swarm to get aggro on the charmed mob? Or is this some weird joke?

Daldaen
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
What? Is there any foolproof way of getting the swarm to get aggro on the charmed mob? Or is this some weird joke?

Root :)

Lazortag
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Root :)

daaaaaaang. WTB Song of Rooting.

Daldaen
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
daaaaaaang. WTB Song of Rooting.

Druids get 4 target AE root/snare next expansion too $$$. Not many animal locations though sadly.

Lazortag
12-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Just an update, Lake of ill omen is excellent for aoe kiting, particularly the goblins in the water near the centre of the map.

edit: Just to give an idea, I had 10 Blue cons on track and 3 light blues in one spot I was standing, which I reckon is about 5% of an exp bar (or 1.25 blues), which isn't too bad in my opinion. Unfortunately at level 51 I imagine the number of light blues goes up a fair bit, but at least in the real kunark there'll be other zones to aoe kite in. At the very least this is a very very good aoe kiting spot from 35+. The hardest part is gathering the mobs since they're all underwater, but I think that it could be done with some practice in a reasonable amount of time if you just used charm and spammed /pet back off.