PDA

View Full Version : Trying to start- invalid password

PatriciaH
02-05-2016, 07:38 AM
After finding out about this project, I was excited to start, being an old player from Luclin back in the days shortly after the first launch. (Long live Triad Continuum!)

I purchased EQ titanium- check.

Installed it fine- check.

Downloaded and installed Duxas All in One installer- check.

Downloaded and installed the new P99 41 files- check.

Made an account and a password- check.

Used the EQEmu desktop shortcut *without* downloading any updates- check.

Tried to enter the game and I get this message: DB Error - invalid password

I'm using the *exact* password I typed in. Unfortunately, being an old fogey, I have a computer and a regular phone but no cell phone (Yes, I played EQ with dial up, back in the day)

I have yet to create any characters or enter the game on P99. Can anyone help with some suggestions? I'm not terribly computer literate, but I'm a good listener.

Thank much and hope to see everyone soon =)

Smurflogik
02-05-2016, 03:25 PM
It's been so long since I've done this, but a friend of mine joined recently and ran into a similar problem. I believe his issue was that his account was not linked properly. I believe you need to create a p99 forum account AND an EQEmu account, and then link them together.

I can't remember the exact process, but maybe that will get you pointed in the right direction.

Good Luck!

Evia
02-05-2016, 10:03 PM
I can't help you on the "getting the game working" part. Unfortunately I'm not very tech savvy and it's been years since I've set the game up to work for me.

HOWEVER

when you get into the game be sure to send a tell to Kellian(or charsie if I'm tunnel questing) and I'd be very happy to help you get started with some spell/bag money and a decent weapon or robe.

Welcome to P99! hope it gets up and running for you soon!

Tupakk
02-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Caps matter and you should use the launch titaniu.bat file not eqemu.

JackFlash
02-05-2016, 10:11 PM
You can just create your login server account here. Are you trying to log in with the forum login/pw or did you create a separate login server account? You need a forum account AND you need a Login Server account. May want to read through "getting started" again.

Step 2 - Forum Account
There are two distinct accounts that must be created before you can log into the game. The first is a forum account (This can be either a Project 1999 OR EQEmulator forum account). A forum account alone can not be used to log into the game, but can be used to manage any number of Loginserver accounts which will let you log in and play.

This entire process can be completed by following the Account Setup / Play Guide.

Please note that you will be required to validate your email address when registering. You are also strongly advised to attach an SMS Phone Number to your account for security reasons. Although this is not required, it is the only way to recover loginserver passwords.

Also note that, while true in the past, it is no longer required to have an EQEmulator Forum Account to create Loginserver accounts (This can now be accomplished via Project 1999 forum accounts). If you do not have an EQEmulator Forum Account you can skip the "EQEmulator Account Link" step. If you DO have an EQEmulator forum account, then it is recommended to link the accounts together so that they can both be managed.

Make sure that you continue returning to the Account Setup page to complete creation of your Loginserver accounts once your Forum account has been activated.

PatriciaH
02-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Thank you everyone who responded! I think I figured out what happened. The registration bot asked for my phone number and the thing is being an older adult, I have no cell phone- only a home phone. It's been asking for a code that was sent to my home phone but I have no way of reading it or figuring out what it is. I'm kind of stuck on that portion of the registration process. I placed another thread in the tech section and hopefully a kind GM will be able to assist me. Thanks again, and I hope to be joining you all in Norrath soon. Patricia (formerly Patriciann Goldmoon, Triad Continuum, Luclin server) Oh, PS Tupakk- I searched all through my EQ files and could not find the titaniu.bat that you mentioned. I used Duxas installer on it as recommended.

PatriciaH
02-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Woot! I finished the second registration by clicking it on the side without bothering with the cell phone business. I got as far as the server select now, but no servers are listed and the "Play Everquest" button is grayed out. Looking better. =)

Ele
02-05-2016, 11:51 PM
I purchased EQ titanium- check.

Cringe

myriverse
02-06-2016, 10:41 AM
The blank server select happens a lot due to lossy connections, especially at peak times. Keep trying.

joppykid
02-06-2016, 11:30 AM
You used this way to set up right?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

PatriciaH
02-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Correct, Joppykid. And thanks to you and Myriverse, Ele, and the others for replying. I managed to navigate through to Character creation, but now I am getting just this generic guy (unable to change or select class) and the message "Your spells file is outdated. Please visit Project 1999..." and then it concludes with "ERRORCODE SP-1"

Not certain what I did wrong this time, but I installed all the files per the directions, downloaded and installed p99 files 41 and also the veliousuiv3 files according to directions.

Anyone ever have a problem with the spell file?

Daywolf
02-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Patch 41 is current. Make sure you patched it into the right place. I just open the zip file, copy all the files and folders, then paste it into the eq root folder in which it prompts me to overwrite. If you are not sure, locate one of the patch files and check the last modified note on the file in your eq destination folder.

Ashintar
02-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Correct, Joppykid. And thanks to you and Myriverse, Ele, and the others for replying. I managed to navigate through to Character creation, but now I am getting just this generic guy (unable to change or select class) and the message "Your spells file is outdated. Please visit Project 1999..." and then it concludes with "ERRORCODE SP-1"

Not certain what I did wrong this time, but I installed all the files per the directions, downloaded and installed p99 files 41 and also the veliousuiv3 files according to directions.

Anyone ever have a problem with the spell file?

Did you install to the default directory, c:\program files\ ...? if so take your EQ directory and move it somewhere else, like c:\Sony\Everquest (update your launch shortcut). re-patch and try again.

PatriciaH
02-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Daywolf, that did it! I finally logged in and started my new character (named after my old one from Luclin,) Patriciann the enchanter. Thank you SOOOO much for your help, and Ashintar and all the others included. =)

Can't believe I'm back in !!!!! Woot!

Daywolf
02-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Daywolf, that did it! I finally logged in and started my new character (named after my old one from Luclin,) Patriciann the enchanter. Thank you SOOOO much for your help, and Ashintar and all the others included. =)

Can't believe I'm back in !!!!! Woot!
Ah yeah, I saw you in Felwithe about an hour ago when I was zipping through on my way to pick up some mithril blocks and a long blade mold. Glad it worked out for you! Welcome home!

PatriciaH
02-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Daywolf, I finally finished and was able to get in =). I needed to reinstall the update, which, for some reason, did not seem to take the first time. Thank you very much for trying to help me get in! It was and is much appreciated =) So excited to be playing EQ again!