PDA

View Full Version : P99auctions average prices

DarthMartigan
02-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Can someone tell me how the average prices work on this site? It seems to me that anytime someone says WTS <item> if they don't include a price, the price is being averaged as 0. I could be wrong on this, but I've had a few people saying insane prices on things that haven't sold in that price range in the 7 months I've been on the server.

Daywolf
02-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Only way to tell is look up the wiki prices, and in some cases even those are questionable. A lot of those guys stand out there hours and hours, buying low and selling high... I guess while they actually play on red.

NarcolepticLTD
02-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Also bear in mind that all that data is mined from /auction and not actual transactions... someone could be selling at a certain price and never have a buyer - but it will still factor in their average (same with the wiki).

I wouldn't pay much attention to the average, and look more at the individual 'sales' for the day or week and see where it resides for the most part, just to get a ballpark figure.

Nitsude
02-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Ive found the averages to be pretty accurate.

Baler
02-09-2016, 03:58 PM
As mentioned above the numbers listed on these p99, auction, websites are not the actual transaction price between players. Its the number people shout in /auction in EC

The avg numbers are fairly accurate. Combine the information from the wiki auction, ahungry's auction & p99 auction and you can find a best avg price.

Spend some time in EC and get to learn what items sell for how much. You'll catch on pretty quickly.