PDA

View Full Version : Tracking The Beast - Wuoshi

Ivory
02-09-2016, 06:29 PM
So, some of you might have seen my thread in the guild forum. Rosen Windstep from <Archers Vow>, a guild of a handful of rangers who have dedicated themselves to becoming the greatest archers Norrath has ever seen!

Anyhow, I'm starting to get a bit bigger in levels....and I've had my eye on Wuoshi for a while (considering she has a legendary bow that could bring me one step closer to being a great archer!).

Of course, I can't just run out and kill her....at least not yet.

So instead, I'm starting to gather information! I've tried to ask around a bit, but figured might as well make a thread here to get a bit more.

Here is what I'm lookin to know....

1) What guilds hunt her? I know many of the higher guilds don't because of their faction hits..... so, who does?

2) What is her spawn time? I heard 3 days +- 12 hours? That actually seems pretty fast....but I have been regularly checking wakening lands for a week and haven't seen a raid force there....

3) How many people are needed to take her down? I looked at her abilities and she seemed pretty mean actually....

Humm, yup, basically just those for right now. Eventually I'll track her down and get the bow!! But...well, first step if just gathering information so I can start to keep tabs on what is happening with her.

ridiculousmoose
02-09-2016, 06:39 PM
I don't think its really the faction hit, I think its more for the effort/time it takes her loot really sucks.

I think the average kill force is 35-45... probably minimum of 25? Shes fairly mean with the fear sticking so easily.

Ivory
02-09-2016, 06:55 PM
I think its more for the effort/time it takes her loot really sucks.

Impossible! The skydarkener is beautiful!!!

Evia
02-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Impossible! The skydarkener is beautiful!!!

It's okay. but so many better bows out there. Including ones you can buy.

delonm
02-10-2016, 08:24 AM
What is her spawn time? I heard 3 days +- 12 hours? That actually seems pretty fast....but I have been regularly checking wakening lands for a week and haven't seen a raid force there....

Just get a WL port from me...guaranteed to meet Wuoshi up close and personal every time! :mad:

I think she is currently using my corpse as a new lamp shade.

-Caib
P99 Blue

Ivory
02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Humm, another question....been considering unconventional tactics to try and kill her. How often do mobs summon the person at the top of their agro list? :)

It's okay. but so many better bows out there. Including ones you can buy.

If you have a billion plats maybe :P Which I don't :P

I think she is currently using my corpse as a new lamp shade.

She just killed you?!

delonm
02-10-2016, 09:30 AM
She just killed you?!

Oh no, she usually takes out my entire passenger manifest. The charge backs are killing my margins.

-Caib
P99 Blue

joppykid
02-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Oh no, she usually takes out my entire passenger manifest. The charge backs are killing my margins.

-Caib
P99 Blue

lmao

Sweetbaby Jesus
02-10-2016, 09:41 AM
I feel a Call to Arms coming to help this Ranger aquire the legendary Skydarkener, you have my monks fists or clerics holy powers!

Fanguru
02-10-2016, 09:56 AM
1) Most raiding guilds happily destroy Wuoshi just to be able to port. Most raiders have at least one toon who does not care about faction hits. Noone cares that much about Wuoshi's loot.

2) 3 days respawn +- 18 hours afaik.

3) Usually a force of 20+ people if they max out RM. It could be done with less, it's definitely done with more.

Bonus question: mobs summon every few seconds if you run out of range of their melee attacks. There is no kiting raid mobs when you start damaging them.

Speaking of unconventional ways to kill, I actually wonder if you could have rangers with a 200 range bow + 150 range arrows shooting outside of AoE range.
You would still need a tank and healers.
That would be excruciatingly slow and expensive because archery sucks, but it seems to be what you are into.

Ivory
02-10-2016, 10:15 AM
I feel a Call to Arms coming to help this Ranger aquire the legendary Skydarkener, you have my monks fists or clerics holy powers!

Aw thanks! Humm, hmmm, I've been thinking a lot about what it would take to get her...

I know a gnomish paladin that owes me a favor or two....and I met a legendary archer today that might want to hunt her! But that still isn't enough.

The trickiest part is her area fear I learnt about, apparently that will keep most people nearby from being able to do much.

Ivory
02-10-2016, 10:18 AM
That would be excruciatingly slow and expensive because archery sucks, but it seems to be what you are into.

What?! No it doesn't!!! I was talking to a legendary archer today that shoots for hundreds of damage! BEFORE trueshot! Crits over 1200!

Wuoshi only has 101,000 hp.....3 legendary archers would make short work of her, let alone a group of legendary archers!

Evia
02-10-2016, 10:44 PM
I know a gnomish paladin

Uhh. Since when can gnomes be paladins?

Salaryman
02-10-2016, 10:56 PM
I wield the Skydarkener on my paladin, it's the only Skydarkener in use, and will remain an Empire exclusive item.

Kevynne
02-11-2016, 03:10 AM

My psionic capabilties or my holy fervor are also at your disposal, archer.

Ivory
02-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Wuoshi is awake! She woke up last night...and I watched her for a few hours.....but then I fell asleep.

When I woke up today, she was still standing around! Eating people who teleported into the rings!

I believe she is creating a nest of bodies to lay her eggs. We have to stop her before the world is overrun with thousands of little wuoshis!