PDA

View Full Version : What proc is boil blood from LDCs?

Telados
02-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Hi all

Can someone tell me what category the boiling blood lava duct crawler prof is?

Fire poison or mr??

Thanks!

Gimp
02-11-2016, 01:30 PM
MR

Gimp
02-11-2016, 01:31 PM
I lied, wiki says FR.

Freakish
02-11-2016, 01:35 PM
It's fire resist, you can dispel it if you have it top slot.

Baler
02-11-2016, 05:51 PM
FR
Boiling blood is very annoying because it blocks regen spells so they don't land or refresh. :(

iruinedyourday
02-11-2016, 06:43 PM
I tried 190 fire resist and got zero resists in a night. Yea I think it's the most annoying fucking proc of all time for me.

arsenalpow
02-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Resists don't really mean shit lately. 255MR? Get rooted by that green con in Kael.

iruinedyourday
02-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Resists don't really mean shit lately. 255MR? Get rooted by that green con in Kael.

root resists like this:

http://i.imgur.com/JYsoqxH.png

Tasslehofp99
02-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Even back before changes to resist, I toyed with getting my FR up over 300+ on my druid. Even with that high of FR, boil blood still lands. I think it has a negative resist check mod, or something.

Baler
02-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Even back before changes to resist, I toyed with getting my FR up over 300+ on my druid. Even with that high of FR, boil blood still lands. I think it has a negative resist check mod, or something.

According to allakhazam it has: Resist Adjust: -100
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=451

It even says on the P99 wiki: Resist Fire (-100)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Boiling_Blood

Is this classic? just curious.

evilkorn
02-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Is this classic? just curious.

No it's not:

Boil Blood
DoT for 504 Hit Points (HP) in 21 ticks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Shd (L53), Nec (L29)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet

Skill: Alteration
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Fire + 25

Mana Required: 150
Spell Duration: 21 ticks (2.1 minutes)
Duration Formula: 1
Casting Time: 4.0 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds

Spell cast on you: Your blood boils.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso's blood boils.
Spell fades: Your blood cools.

Note, it doesn't say "hard to resist, or very hard to resist" above the dot info.

Big_Japan
02-11-2016, 08:02 PM
FR
Boiling blood is very annoying because it blocks regen spells so they don't land or refresh. :(

does this include fungi regen?

iruinedyourday
02-11-2016, 08:04 PM

it basically counters it, 15 up for fungi 15 down for the dot.. its annoying as fuck

Baler
02-11-2016, 08:06 PM

No it does not block regen from items.
it blocks regen spells so they don't land or refresh.

iruinedyourday
02-11-2016, 08:41 PM
I actually have spent many hours killing LDC's with a shaman and have no memory of a regen being blocked by the proc, but I did hate it cus it basically countered the regen from my buff/gear that results in the slower, regular rate of regen from an ungered unbuffed player.

But maybe something changed, or i just never had an instance where the two spells clashed idk

its super easy to dispell if you keep top slot up but everytime it lands its like

FUCK! *shake fists*

Tasslehofp99
02-11-2016, 08:44 PM
I think it only blocks regen if you try to cast regen while boil blood is on you. I'm not certain that it will remove a regen buff that is already on you when boil blood lands, though. It might, I just haven't done LDC's in a pretty long time.

Baler
02-11-2016, 08:58 PM
I think it only blocks regen if you try to cast regen while boil blood is on you.
Correct. If your character or another character is under the effect of boil blood it blocks new regen spells on you or another character and refreshing a regen that is already on your or another character.
Tested with regeneration, chloroplast and regrowth

On the subject of the spell Boil Blood's Resist influence...
If what evilkorn posted is classic. Then it means one of two things. Either the wiki is incorrect (good chance for that) OR the server code is incorrect.

This also makes me wonder if Boil Blood blocking these regen spells is classic?

Edit: Boil Blood & Boiling Blood are not technically the same thing. *facepalms @ self*

fahlen
05-08-2016, 12:46 PM
So we just go down the rabbit hole even more :( Now I just have even more questions lol. Well, at least people are asking questions about it. Sadly nobody could confirm that it is supposed to actually do what its doing. And resists being well, rather unpredictable we'll say, leads to some interesting things. I just wish we could get a solid answer from a higher-up. It is well documented that it happens, LDC or lvl 32 goblin in Droga lol. - just no proof as to if it should or shouldn't. I know plenty of encounters could end more favorably with 300 mana going towards a torpor and PE for instance, instead of the black void and false hope message. No reports of this happening with other dots, thats good. Hopefully we'll one day get an answer, thanks for link.