PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up an SK

Abraxos
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
So at lvl 9 I have managed to get some visable bronze armor, a Blackened Iron 2hder, and a couple of Sta+2 Earrings and was wondering what should I shoot for next? Funds are not unlimitied so I will probably be saving plat for the next purchases. What order do most SK's go for? Hero Bracer? New weapon? Fill in shoulders and face with something other than cloth? Save for Plate or DF? It's been a while and I know it's a preference thing but just wanted to hear some opinions?

Dantes
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd say the most cost effective thing for you to do would be to get AC in all of your non-visible spots. Non-visible bronze, maybe some jagged bands. You should be grabbing aggro easily now with spells, now you just need to beef up that AC.

Skip fine plate. The AC on bronze vs fine plate is the same, the weight is different, but as a troll you should have plenty of STR for bronze. You'll probably go strait to DF.

Bubbles
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
At lower levels, your most cost effective bang for the buck (even as a tank hybrid) is to focus on hps above all else. Stat boosts go largely unnoticed (STA/STR especially are level based, so you need a LOT of str or sta to even get, say a 10hp bump or take a 1dmg jump in your melee hits post lvl 20), so your best possible cheap solutions are:

Golden Opal Amulet (9sta 6agi) Jewelcrafted, should be under 100pp.

Golden Jaded Bracelets (2ac 15 hps 15mana), cheap, hardest part is finding an enc to make em.

Golden Fire Wedding Rings (4ac 45 hps) couple hundred plat, a lot more cost effective than the plat ones for lower levels. If you buy a couple fire opals, you might get someone to make you a pair at a nice discount, since the golden bars are only around 10pp a pop.

Hero bracer is an excellent pickup in the 250pp range. Other targets that shouldn't break the bank but provide bang for the buck are

Skull Shaped Barbute (13 ac 35 hps 10 sv magic is good all around)
Dark Forge Armor
Azure Sleeves
Blackened Iron Girdle
Dented Brass Mask
Split Paw Hide Mask (insanely cheap way to accumulate 5sv magic in a slot where there's ltitle else worth wearing)
6 STA earrings

Daldaen
12-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Hero bracer is an excellent pickup in the 250pp range. Other targets that shouldn't break the bank but provide bang for the buck are

This specifically, check the races on it. Trolls can't use, so if your sig is correct (directed at the OP) don't purchase this.

Abraxos
12-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks this helps alot. I thought Hero bracer was for everyone. Glad you said something.