PDA

View Full Version : I don't know much about Kunark. (How) Can I help with beta testing?

Cruise
12-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Title pretty much says it. I don't know a whole lot about Kunark (I started playing right around Velious release) but I'm interested in helping with the beta testing. Is there any way someone like me can be of use, or should it be left to the experts?

Nedala
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Just go and play, there are bugs everyone can notice :)

Lazortag
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I know nothing about kunark because I spent almost all my time on antonica, and I feel I've contributed. Just start a noob iksar and try to do all the noob quests, kill various mobs, see what all of their items do, and so on. There are lots of references on the internet regarding how quests/mechanics/etc. should be so if you're not sure just search the internet.

karsten
12-07-2010, 03:57 AM
don't know much about Kunark

but I do know that I love you, and I know that if you love me too, what a wonderful world this would be

Pyrocat
12-07-2010, 04:08 AM
^^^ exactly what I heard when I read this thread title

as for the OP, just start doing quests and leveling up a character, or take your main and explore a dungeon. If something seems off, or a quest is broken, or you see a "fabled" NPC, do a little research on it and post a (detailed!) bug report in the appropriate section.

Hasbinbad
12-07-2010, 07:45 AM
don't know much about Kunark
but I do know that I love you, and I know that if you love me too, what a wonderful world this would be

^^^ exactly what I heard when I read this thread title
totally, me too

Badmartigan
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
When you see an occurrence that does not produce the expected results then you are probably seeing a bug.. And report it as such..

Report the steps to reproduce the issue/screenshot(if applicable)/results/expected results and any notes that may be of interest ( static spawn vs roaming spawn.. Etc etc)

Jburks8
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
totally, me too

TOTES McGOATS!

nilbog
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Here's a synopsis of Kunark.

http://www.giantbomb.com/everquest-the-ruins-of-kunark/61-7725/

Run around, see if it feels as its described.

Some bugs are obvious (npcs walking through walls, low level npcs dropping too much coin, etc).