PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about tailoring.

Murri
02-22-2016, 06:59 AM
Playing as a bard what stat should I raise to help with skill ups. Is it int/wis and then dex like wiki says? I've been getting a lot of different info on this so I figured I'd ask on the forums.

Second question is as a wood elf bard following rallos zek can I go the cultural route or is it only for followers of the correct deity?

Thanks for the help!

NarcolepticLTD
02-22-2016, 07:13 AM
Int/wis (the highest will be used) for skillups... I'm not sure about the dex thing but can't hurt to buff it anyways.

For cultural you just need to be that race and combine in the specified container (you just won't be able to use the gear that's imbued for a deity you can't follow).

Not sure if that matters much - haven't looked at the stats on the wood elf cultural armors, but the halfling stuff is pretty unspectacular and really only used as fodder for skillups from 158 to 223.

Basically it's an alternative available to you for leveling tailoring that other races don't have.

Sorn
02-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Int/wis for a higher chance at skill-ups (over 200 is best), dex for higher chance at successful combines (which in turn increases chance of skill-ups).

Yes, you can do all the cultural tailoring. You just can't wear the imbued stuff because wood elves can only do Tunare-specific items.

Daywolf
02-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Two options if you want to gear yourself here:
1. reroll hehehe
2. or roll a human alt in Freeport and train up smithing. The armor will be STR/STA imbued plate. Downside you'll also need a lvl29 shammy for imbued jade.

If you reroll... I'd suggest go with tunare wood elf bard and then roll a high elf mule alt to make the armor. You would also need a lvl49 enc (enchant mithril) and a lvl29 druid or cleric (imbued emerald). Or just go with leather which all you would need is imbued emerald and can make it with your bard (apart from the imbuing process). If the bard is above lvl20 or so, imo not worth rerolling for cultural, not just for the armor, and the cultural weapons are more starter weapons at best as they don't have the bonus adjustment in this timeline nor ever will here at p99.

Oh or third option is just buy the human made plate armor from someone and call it a day :D . I use a set of imbued leather for my drui that I made, but not all pcs as some common leathers are just better such as foreman's tunic etc. But some good filler pcs.