PDA

View Full Version : Locked doors

ShadowKing
02-26-2016, 07:05 AM
Is lock picking worth it? What's behind them?

isoka
02-26-2016, 07:49 AM
It is for a rogue, not so much for a bard

You can check http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Pick_Lock for the list of doors which can be locked and the skill required to do so.

As you can see, Bard won't be able to pick lock many doors. In addition, some locked doors don't have a key you can find to open them, so you will definitely need a rogue to open them (CoM, Sebilis, Chardok are coming to my mind right now )

CoM : opens doors to shaman/magician epic mobs mainly
Sebilis: opens door to crypt in which some nice loot can be found and also opens door leading to trakanon.
Chardok: opens doors to royals in which nice loot can be found as well as epic mobs

ShadowKing
02-26-2016, 08:00 AM
What gear is typically found behind them?

Cochonou
02-26-2016, 08:13 AM
Pixels are usually found behind them

ezri
02-26-2016, 08:29 AM
What gear is typically found behind them?

Check out Crypt/Emp camp in Old Sebilis

Ele
02-26-2016, 11:53 AM
I hear the bank in NFP can be locked picked for great riches.

xKoopa
02-26-2016, 12:23 PM
I hear the bank in NFP can be locked picked for great riches.

Whats up with that bank? I FD'd back there once and a friend was all scared to come join me lol

Ele
02-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Whats up with that bank? I FD'd back there once and a friend was all scared to come join me lol

He is right to be scared. People have lost characters in that vault.

ludovician
02-26-2016, 12:57 PM

Back on my live server the auction zone was NFP.

One day when I was relatively new (level 20ish rogue?) another almost BIS level 50 rogue in one of our top guilds sent me a tell and said he was going to help me do a secret quest.

Apparently he dropped an item in the back of the NFP bank vault room to make it look like a ground spawn before all of this, and he told me he'd open the door and told me about said "ground spawn" bag and told me to run in and get it and turn it into my rogue guild master for a sweet item.

So he opened the door, I ran in to get the bag and then he closed the door and left me locked in there and just walked away.

I had to beg in /shout for a while before finally petitioning for GM help to get out.

TL;DR - Lockpick very worth it.

xKoopa
02-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Back on my live server the auction zone was NFP.

One day when I was relatively new (level 20ish rogue?) another almost BIS level 50 rogue in one of our top guilds sent me a tell and said he was going to help me do a secret quest.

Apparently he dropped an item in the back of the NFP bank vault room to make it look like a ground spawn before all of this, and he told me he'd open the door and told me about said "ground spawn" bag and told me to run in and get it and turn it into my rogue guild master for a sweet item.

So he opened the door, I ran in to get the bag and then he closed the door and left me locked in there and just walked away.

I had to beg in /shout for a while before finally petitioning for GM help to get out.

TL;DR - Lockpick very worth it.

Wait that door is locked? How the hell did i run in there to FD on my sk then lol. Maybe i jump/ducked thru window

ludovician
02-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Wait that door is locked? How the hell did i run in there to FD on my sk then lol. Maybe i jump/ducked thru window

There's a door behind the room the banker stands in that leads to a room that pretty much looks like a cave. That's the locked one.