PDA

View Full Version : Druid Help

Ishio
12-07-2010, 07:57 PM
So I've been lacking as far as getting into the game. I think it's because I'm getting bored of soloing, and grouping seems to be difficult. Always LFG.

So here's my question, as I'm just soloing Mammoths, what are some items I can solo for my druid on my druid? I am level 24 at the moment.

I have the +6 WIS 1hb from kith, a Charred Guardian Shield, +1 or 2 Wis range item, and a plat band +6Wis and a reg band +2 Wis.

I'm looking to try and get WIS up, obviously, as it's sitting at just 148 so mana's pretty tight with my new DoT.

I'm trying to spruce up the game. I figured having a reason to log in minus grinding endlessly at levels would help a lot. Looking at mostly quests, as camping an item is just as fun as grinding Mammoths.

DevonG
12-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Yo dude,
on an ISP imposed break from play atm, but msg Gradner in game and I'll hook a brotha up. I'll probably be on Tomorrow afternoonish till eveningish.

We can do Testament of Vanear pretty easy, +10 wis book. Never underestimate Jewelery either, +25-30 more wis just there with maybe 300p invested.

Akame
12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Good morning,

I'd say camp the testament of Vaneer, sell the shield, use the money to buy some split paw hide gloves, foreman's tunic, and maybe a savants cap depending on how far the money goes, that's an increase of 10 wis right there, and if you run out of money go camp the platinum ring for the paw of opalla quest in Befallen, that will give you about 1kpp in spare change and with that you can probably pick up a blackened Iron medallion and prayer cloth of tunare too, that's 6 more wis.

Might take you 2-3 days to do it all but a 16 wis improvement in less than a week is not shabby.

Daldaen
12-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Paw of Opolla
Testament of Vanear

After you finish those two there isn't really much in the questing realm as far as druid gear goes for Classic. You *could* do what I did and quest stuff, just to sell it and buy druid gear.

At level 24 this is prolly hard to do however. At 29 consider farming:

Hero's Bracer (Bind in Qeynos, port to Steamfont kill Mino Hero, gate, turnin, profit)
Sol Ro Armor (Bard, Paladin, SK, Ranger all sell decently)
-- Paladin pieces are pretty easy to get all of the parts, as few of them lead into
dungeons aka easy solos in open zones.
-- Bard pieces are pretty easy around 35-40, they lead into a few dungeons however (specifically BP/Legs) rest are in open zones more or less.

Gear you will want to look into with this plat you've made:

Jasper Gold Earrings (+3 each) -- 50p each
Foreman Tunic (+3) -- 150-300p
Platinum Armband (+3) -- 150-300p
Runed Mithril Bracers (+5) -- 300-400p
Platinum Ruby Veil (+7) -- 300-450p
Gatorscale Leggings (+4) -- 1-1.5k (This you can camp yourself and get exp)
Braided Ivy Chords (+5) -- 500p (This you can camp yourself but it is very hit or miss)

Dr4z3r
12-08-2010, 10:29 AM
You could camp CB for Bracers of Battle to turn in for the +3 WIS shoulders. Not a very nice spawn to camp and take away from the xp-ers tho.

Also, re: Lambent armor, Daldaen's clueless. Every single piece takes you into a dungeon: http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Lambent_Armor_Quests, even if the dungeons are just SolA and Unrest, with the exception of Bracers, none of them is trivial to solo til 40+.

Mead
12-08-2010, 10:32 AM
You should try to get a group in MM. That has always been a good spot to find groups around your lvl.

And yea, Paw and Testament will keep you busy for a bit.

You can always do the hero bracer and class specific armor quests like Crafted (war) to make some pp when you get a few more levels. That's what I did when I had my druid. Easy to get around and solo that stuff.

Stick with it :). Druid is by far my favorite class in EQ. I miss mine. Good luck man.

Yak
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
It's not that difficult to get a group actually. You just need to go the area of where people grind or camp a spot. I have not had issues up of the time messaging that I am LFG in /ooc or /shout. Find some cool people and add them to your friends list and hit them up next time you are on.

Daldaen
12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
You could camp CB for Bracers of Battle to turn in for the +3 WIS shoulders. Not a very nice spawn to camp and take away from the xp-ers tho.

Also, re: Lambent armor, Daldaen's clueless. Every single piece takes you into a dungeon: http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Lambent_Armor_Quests, even if the dungeons and with the exception of Bracers, none of them is trivial to solo til 40+.

Hrmm guess your right. Wrote that quickly before going to class. Off the top of my head I remembered soloing:

Griffenne Charm, 2 Cyclopses in WK and forgot that the other pieces lead into dungeons, my bad.

However people let that shit rot all the time. So you can pick it up that way (I finished my bards set -- minus Helm -- at level 35 or so. Basically all solo but the Chest piece)

Dr4z3r
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
However people let that shit rot all the time. So you can pick it up that way (I finished my bards set -- minus Helm -- at level 35 or so. Basically all solo but the Chest piece)

This is very true. With the qualifier that moving around areas like LGuk and SolA undetected can be tricky at best, finding these pieces as groups let them rot should be relatively easy.

Ishio
12-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Good morning,

I'd say camp the testament of Vaneer, sell the shield, use the money to buy some split paw hide gloves, foreman's tunic, and maybe a savants cap depending on how far the money goes, that's an increase of 10 wis right there, and if you run out of money go camp the platinum ring for the paw of opalla quest in Befallen, that will give you about 1kpp in spare change and with that you can probably pick up a blackened Iron medallion and prayer cloth of tunare too, that's 6 more wis.

Might take you 2-3 days to do it all but a 16 wis improvement in less than a week is not shabby.
As I'm reading this, I am remembering more and more of what I have and don't have. I'm a wood elf druid, so I'm up a bit of WIS.

I have the gloves, and cap, I have some tunic that gives +3 wis, might be the foreman's tunic. But the testament I was reading about on Allak and decided to put off due to the horror stories I've read about mobs that are 50 that will agro help the NPC i need to kill for the chance drop.

I thought the paw quest was much higher to do. I wasn't aware I could try to start now. Money is pretty tight, had to borrow plat to get my 24 spells.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Ames
12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
As I'm reading this, I am remembering more and more of what I have and don't have. I'm a wood elf druid, so I'm up a bit of WIS.

I have the gloves, and cap, I have some tunic that gives +3 wis, might be the foreman's tunic. But the testament I was reading about on Allak and decided to put off due to the horror stories I've read about mobs that are 50 that will agro help the NPC i need to kill for the chance drop.

I thought the paw quest was much higher to do. I wasn't aware I could try to start now. Money is pretty tight, had to borrow plat to get my 24 spells.

The Testament was soloed by my level 13 druid. The Smuggler's will NOT aggro you AS LONG as you pull Dylin DIRECTLY adjacent from where he pops. If you are lined up with him, you can move to the left toward the tree. I personally pull him from in-between the opening in the space between the tree and the wall to the left. If you pull him standing far over to the right, The smuggler's will attack you and you'll die. Dylin Starshine is the mobs name. He is on an 8 hour spawn time. Once he is killed, he will spawn randomly starting at 6 hours after he was killed, but no more then 8 hours.

Goodluck.

Akame
12-08-2010, 10:17 PM

I did the Testament at level 28 and had absolutely zero adds on the guy in Highpass, you just have to watch pathing before you drop invis.

Orov
12-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I have the +6 WIS 1hb from kith

Which 1hb is that and how can I get one?

Ishio
12-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Which 1hb is that and how can I get one?

I haven't replied to your PM yet because I haven't been able to log in to the game to tell you. I can't remember the name for sure. All I know is that you'll need help of a higher level character to get it. Drops off a Goblin Shaman or Cleric at the WC zone-in.

aegohely
12-09-2010, 11:50 PM
the Tainted battleworn morningstar drop from undead cleric mob that spawn during the night cycle in Kithicor forest.

If you find any SK, necro or cleric soloing there for xp, can ask them nicely if you can get the morning star when it drop.

DOPE
12-10-2010, 12:30 AM
the Tainted battleworn morningstar drop from undead cleric mob that spawn during the night cycle in Kithicor forest.

If you find any SK, necro or cleric soloing there for xp, can ask them nicely if you can get the morning star when it drop.

This. Zone in from WC, usually people pulling clerics to the ent.

Orov
12-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Sweet I'll check it out tonight.