PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to use the old character skins?

Tonden_Ockay
12-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Do we have to use the old school character skins on this server?

or

Can we use the newer skins that came out later on sometime after classic.

Thanks for your time

Tonden Ockay

Holey
12-08-2010, 03:21 AM
its what ever you would want :D

Engraverwilliam
12-08-2010, 09:08 AM
um that's not true, you are forced to use the classic character models server side. If you search the forums here though some one figured a way around the restriction but alas that be a search that you must do.

Rhambuk
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Using the secrets of faydwer client I believe will allow you to switch between classic/luclin models, why would you want to?

Also I've heard this client lets you use maps in all zones and can get screwy with linking, 0000Rusty short sword00

Qenaden
12-08-2010, 02:42 PM
new models were the reason i quit EQ

Denzal
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Using the secrets of faydwer client I believe will allow you to switch between classic/luclin models, why would you want to?

I love how just because you don't like something other people automatically don't as well.

Qenaden
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I love how just because you don't like something other people automatically don't as well.

Though I'd normally agree with this sentiment, the later EQ char models are objectively terrible. Like the Dragon Ball Z movie.

Itchybottom
12-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Though I'd normally agree with this sentiment, the later EQ char models are objectively terrible. Like the Dragon Ball Z movie.

You can't readily argue an objective trait when it comes to art, unless there are definitions of form that a particular art is adhering to. Subjectively, is surely what you meant. Even if you argue the polygon count, they're pretty efficient -- which would be an OBJECTIVE argument.

As far as the original topic goes.... Either use a newer client, or load up a debugger and start messing with your client. All you have to do is enable all expansions client side, and you have all of your new models in Titanium on Project 1999.

dredge
12-08-2010, 04:47 PM

President
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
This has been beaten to death. The reason they don't work is because this server does not have the Luclin expansion enabled and _never will_. The GM's did not decide "oh hey I can click this checkbox to disable them!" even though they have stated their distaste of the new models. The GM's decided it was not in their best interest, or the interest of the server to spend their time figuring out how to enable Luclin models on a server that will never have the expansion.

Lazortag
12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
You can't readily argue an objective trait when it comes to art, unless there are definitions of form that a particular art is adhering to. Subjectively, is surely what you meant. Even if you argue the polygon count, they're pretty efficient -- which would be an OBJECTIVE argument.

As far as the original topic goes.... Either use a newer client, or load up a debugger and start messing with your client. All you have to do is enable all expansions client side, and you have all of your new models in Titanium on Project 1999.

Actually, Qenadan is right, the dragonball z movie is objectively bad.

Qenaden
12-09-2010, 11:12 AM

Nope, I meant objective. They're objectively terrible. And you most certainly can argue anything from a standpoint of objectivity -- it simply requires a degree of tenacity.

Alkorin
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
The thread you're looking for is http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12085.

There are numerous issues with the SoF client that are posted in the thread. Consider yourself warned.

douglas1999
12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Ya know I noticed in some screenshots from House of Thule SOE reverted to luclin models (weren't there a 3rd generation of updated models after the luclin ones?) and there are even some classic spell effects in the shots. Thought that was pretty interesting, it's like now even they know older = better when it comes to EQ.

guineapig
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Ya know I noticed in some screenshots from House of Thule SOE reverted to luclin models (weren't there a 3rd generation of updated models after the luclin ones?) and there are even some classic spell effects in the shots. Thought that was pretty interesting, it's like now even they know older = better when it comes to EQ.

I've never seen third generation PC models. Orcs, spectres, wherewolves and other generic mobs did however.