PDA

View Full Version : Shaman in Halas Qwest guide

slouth
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Anyone have a website with some quest to do around Halas, I played a Troll shaman, never a Barb, And never been to Halas till last night. I did manage to get to level 4, I was going to wait till level 5 (new spells ) move to East commens to do my leveling. As well I can not remember any gear that I should/can camp/quest ot get anymore. Anyone have a guide?

Slouth

Chanus
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
There's a clicky necklace that summons a hammer with a decent ratio for low levels.

Initiate Symbol of the Tribunal (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1209)

Ravhin
12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
A small listing of Halas Newbie Quests:

http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Quest_Halas

slouth
12-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Quick question, would it be better for a poor shaman to head to EC for solo leveling? or head to Blackburrow for it? I have no items, collecting everthing as a go here. And never played a good shaman before so I'll be honest I never been in Blackburrow, but I'm guessing its similar to my time in crushbone where single pulls where not the easiest to come by

baub
12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Blackburrow all the way!

Chanus
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Blackburrow on this server is kind of shit. The spawn times are exceptionally long and it's usually overrun by one high level powerleveling a single character.

If you can get in when that's not the case, though, it's a great zone for leveling and making some money.

Peatree
12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Don't forget to bring a light source! Of course -- if you have your spell that helps you see in the dark thats another thing...but I can't tell you the pain I went through the first time I ventured into the cave of BB with my Shammy back in the old days...without a light source...ran into a gnoll...then another and ran around in dark looking for a way out....oh joy...

...remember us Barbarians cant see in the dark!

Chanus
12-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Actually, I've noticed that darkness isn't nearly as dark as I remember it being when running into BB from Everfrost.

Also, GFaydark seems to be a lot lighter than I remember.

Magnoncro
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
If you do the quest for the neck piece that is also a light source. Blackburrow can be a great place to level. I always turn the fangs in to the warrior guild in Halas. It seems to me I get about equal xp but way more money.

If the dungeon itself is crowded there are other gnolls that are often not camped that are outside on a shorter timer and still drop fangs.

Hope this helps,

Magnon

Chanus
12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, the fangs are great. It's kind of still worth it for the first level or so once the gnolls have gone green if you are also trying to make money.