razgal
03-04-2016, 07:21 PM
its been while since i seen an open PoG raid used to look forward to them

Pokesan
03-04-2016, 07:25 PM
days have gone down in the west

thufir
03-04-2016, 07:31 PM
won't see them any more, since hokushin ran them and now he's quit.

I imagine any dude with a halfway decent rep and a post in forums could get a pug raid going though. pog trash is easy enough, just most guilds won't go either because their tunareans cry foul, or they have moved on to giant/dragon quested armor.

Pokesan
03-04-2016, 07:51 PM
days have gone down in the west

Where now the beard and its owner? Where is the hair that was growing?
Where is the grease and the dandruff, and tangled mane glowing?
Where is the hand on the COTH key, and the TL box waiting?
Where is the Dew and the Pocket and the sock pile growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
Who shall gather the smoke of the dank weed burning,
Or behold the flowing pixels from TOV respawning

Ciroco
03-04-2016, 08:24 PM
pog trash is easy enough, just most guilds won't go either because their tunareans cry foul, or they have moved on to giant/dragon quested armor.

Drop rates are crappy and the risk of wiping just isn't worth it when arena is right there.

thufir
03-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Drop rates are crappy and the risk of wiping just isn't worth it when arena is right there.

drop rates are on par with other planes, granted that's lower than kael arena, but those items cost gems too. for bps that's a significant amount of cash you could save by hunting in pog. also no faction requirement (granted that the wl giant farm is ez faction atm).

Danth
03-04-2016, 08:47 PM
just most guilds won't go either because their tunareans cry foul

Sounds about right. Every time I see Plane of Growth brought up in various lower-end guilds, the healers scream "but but but FACTION" and say they won't go and the idea falls through. Personally I think it's a shame the raid zone that's specifically intended for low/mid range guilds sits largely un-used. If several of the lower-end guilds combined their efforts they could probably scrape together enough non-Tunare healers to get the job done. Unfortunately there seems to be little such interest.

Danth

thufir
03-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Sounds about right. Every time I see Plane of Growth brought up in various lower-end guilds, the healers scream "but but but FACTION" and say they won't go and the idea falls through. Personally I think it's a shame the raid zone that's specifically intended for low/mid range guilds sits largely un-used. If several of the lower-end guilds combined their efforts they could probably scrape together enough non-Tunare healers to get the job done. Unfortunately there seems to be little such interest.

Danth
yeah, I had no idea that so many clerics were high elves until we started bringing up pog raids in my guild. but this is exactly why I think a pick up pog raid would be popular (and was, in the past). there's a critical mass of people out there who want to do that, they're just scattered across a lot of different guilds.

Smurn
03-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Pokes when did you stop playing?

razgal
03-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Oh well , it was fun when we did them lots of diferent guilds all grouped together .hopefully someone picks it back up

azeth
03-12-2016, 08:36 PM
pog trash is easy enough

we stopped doing this because of this impression that like 70% of the pug attendees had. you afk too much, you dont bring your mains, you dont consent when you die, you loot your corpse after rez and get low health aggro etc etc.

no, pog is not easy.

Tupakk
03-12-2016, 08:46 PM
I love me a PoG break in. I've gotten to do it many a times. Running around kiting the zone trying not to aggro the big mobs.

Samoht
03-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Faction is honestly no reason not to do PoG. If you're a Tunare worshipper, just finish your PoG quest and then go ahead and trash it. This server banks in North Freeport and trades in EC. You have literally zero reason to keep faction for Felwithe or Kelethin.

Danth
03-12-2016, 09:13 PM
you afk too much, you dont bring your mains, you dont consent when you die, you loot your corpse after rez and get low health aggro etc etc.

All of that is pretty standard in lower-end guilds. I suppose that's why Kael Arena remains in use while Plane of Growth doesn't: Kael Arena is group content, really, so it doesn't much matter if half the raid's just phoning it in and half of what's left is outright AFK.

Danth

thufir
03-12-2016, 10:10 PM
we stopped doing this because of this impression that like 70% of the pug attendees had. you afk too much, you dont bring your mains, you dont consent when you die, you loot your corpse after rez and get low health aggro etc etc.

no, pog is not easy.
I didn't get that impression from the pug raids, I got it from Live. Yes, there are some nasty things that hit hard or just have a ridiculous amount of hit points, but I remember being in there with 2 groups and doing fine on the trash north of zone in. I got a pog robe from one of those trips. If you know what you're doing and can handle the protectors you'll be ok.

I will concede that it is only "easy" within those two caveats. Some trash in there is pretty nasty. So I overspoke. But it's doable.

JayDee
03-12-2016, 10:38 PM
They will be back when the big guilds need more suckers to help them clear the zone in a timely fashion

GinnasP99
03-13-2016, 03:17 AM
They will be back when the big guilds need more suckers to help them clear the zone in a timely fashion

kek

Llodd
03-13-2016, 08:45 AM

no, pog is not easy.

iirc most of the loot went to your own members alts; this is no way to talk about your fellow guidlies ! ;)